Diablo® III

ANY HELP FIXING LAG/FREEZING WHEN FIGHTING?

When im standing still or walking around the latency bar is green but when i encounter anything, when i start attacking, game lags like hell up to 2k msec lat. Please blue, any tweak you can recommend? Even just to make the game playable coz right now it's really frustrating.
Reply Quote
Exactly the same. Monitoring my connection on my second screen at the same time and everything's fine.

yet, my ping goes from 180 (green) to 500 (yellow) and then up to 1000 (red) everytime the screen fills up just to go back to green when the fight finishes...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The problem might be with your connection, windows firewall, security software, even hardware like a slow hard drive. Not sure what computer/hardware you have. If you could post this. It might help solve the problem.
Also check out Opening Ports for Blizzard in the tech. support forums. Diagnose your connection as well. This could be part of the problem.
I used to have an Acer laptop with a Cricket USB connection and no graphics card. After opening up the ports as per the tech. support forum, I was able to play without freezing up or getting dc'd.
Hope this helps point you folks in the right direction:)
Reply Quote
Thanks Pliadees but as far as hardware is concerned, it's the same computer that ran the game for well over 1000 hours since release day with no problem until a couple of weeks ago =)

Connection is 17 meg down, 2 up, stable noise margin both up and down, no packet losses, etc...

Ports checked as you advised. Nothing there either =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]