Diablo® III

Rate / Critique the DH above you [v. 7]

@ThornThrone

Pretty nice demon hunter...your obvious upgrades would be some better gems and definitely a better ring in the left slot, right slot could be a bit better too. I would also look to swap out that chest piece for one with all res but no rush on that since yours has big stats and armor. I personally hate Andy's because they're so ugly and I much prefer the balanced stats of a Mempo. Eventually you want to get at least 2 pieces of a Nat's set for the crit chance, but those are expensive upgrades. Nice work so far though.
Reply Quote
@ VigilanteCat

Nice DH! I would change the gloves and amulet with something like dex/cc/cd/as or ar, so you can drop that mempo and replace it with something like nat sight with high dex and cc. Lastly, change your nat embrace with higher stats and added skill bonus.
Reply Quote
nice DH! well balanced! eventualy, i would go for the complete nat set ;)
Reply Quote
@ ThornThrone

So your DH seems to some solid pieces and some not so solid. I'd begin with the left ring. I'm sure you know you are in dire need of a ring with Crit Chance+Crit Dmg rings like that should not cost very much these days as I usually end having to vendor most. Next would be the shoulders, the obvious choice is a decent vile ward if you can't afford it after the ring save up until you can get a 180 dex 60 vit and the nice thing is it comes with base 70+ All Res. In pieces like jewelry I'd suggest just going glass cannon. After this a slow transition into the New Natalya's set would be good perhaps just a basic ring and boots as you will get 7% cc (so you won't need any from the ring) and a start in a good direction. - Perhaps you should just go straight for a natalya's ring to replace that left ring, if you do go this route save for a nats piece try to buy the best 2 pieces you can manage with your current budget. Btw people have been running STRAFE with dual wielding in low mp levels maybe that would work well haven't tried it myself. Good luck!
Reply Quote
@ThornThrone,

I like your build. It looks like a solid DH. I might add a good quiver like a DML and look into getting some natalya armor. I may try the bait the trap rune like you have. I like traps, but your build makes me wonder if that rune would help my playstyle more. Also, why smoke and shadow? I might switch out smoke for something like vault. But it's whatever you're most comfortable with in the end. Overall, cool DH!
Reply Quote
@ HappyPink

It would be nice if you could get a DML with 20 attack speed. This would help. But all in all you have done a nice job with your DH
Reply Quote
@Anna, I'd look at switching your belt/ pants with a depth digger/witching hour.
Reply Quote
@blinkhme
Good Nat's set, nice dmg.

Could try to up your HP a bit but great DH!
Reply Quote
@Wingfoot

Nice so far you should craft a hellfire for yourself it is the cheapest upgrade you can make IMO

Any love for WF dhs around here?
Reply Quote
@blinkhme
Good Nat's set, nice dmg.

Could try to up your HP a bit but great DH!

it is one tanky dh with decent dps, good job
Reply Quote
@Wingfoot
Wow! Unbelievable item's perhaps you can look for a different belt, maybe a witching hour
Reply Quote
@Jeszd

Thanks! I tried looking for Witching Hour but did not want to make too much of a trade off with my AR.

Good DH btw... you could search for a good Nat's to up your CC, and some stuff to improve your AR and HP but looking good.

@Hotrod
Thanks too. It's soooo difficult to get good rolls for HF rings. It's always a trade off from where I am :(
Reply Quote
@wingfoot

Wow where to begin, your DH is amazing, other then one ring to get better stats, wow. My DH is crap, get killed in big mobs on anything higher then MP0, even MP1 and I die quickly. My issue is I don't have the funds to get anything better then I have. I wish I had half the gear most of you guys have. I know I have to bring AR up, but just can't afford it, I have been saving up for like 2 months now and am at 5Mil, can't seem to get good gear, and 1 legendary maybe every 3 weeks or so. I don't play more then 2 hours in a day, with work and sons homework, dinner..... well let's just say you kick butt
Reply Quote
@Rattman

You still have a long way to go, but not to worry. You can continue to increase the efficiency of your runs even with just a couple of hours a day. You should spend you time doing Alkaizer runs, which will build your paragon and pave the way to increase the number of legendaries that drop on average per hour.

With your budget, grab a better weapon to start, and get a DML to go with it. Stick with a bow if you like the balance between attack speed and dps and grab an affordable Windforce. If you want to deal more damage, I'd recommend a manticore with IAS and dex, even if it only has 1 socket. Other than that, make sure to start grabbing gear with crt chance when you can afford it.

For your build, you need a way to break stuns like freeze and jailer. I'd recommend smoke screen, but vault works as well. You could drop fan of knives to fit one of these skills in. Also, your crit chance isn't high enough for Spray of Teath to work effectively on Hungering Arrow. Switch it for Devouring Arrow as everyone gets the same 35% chance to pierce.
Reply Quote
What about me? I'm kinda stuck. And only have been able to save around 30 mil.

Not sure if I sure spend 20 mil for a 100% xp red gem.

Get Nat boots

Or get lacuni prowlers bracers
Reply Quote
Well you look like you have on your MF gear so i cant really say anything ?
Reply Quote
@AaronMG I'll I can really suggest is to upgrade your dead man's legacy to a higher dex/vit one other than that your build looks solid with very good survivability.
Reply Quote
^ Awesome dh man! I'd say you need to work on your vitality above all else atm.
Reply Quote
Glitz,

Maybe try Protoss and a bit more 1V1?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]