Diablo® III

Is around 7 million gold

enough to gear out my monk so that I can farm mp 1 with the quickness?

;p
Reply Quote
you could probably find an inna's helm, 2 fist weapons with above 2.0 spirit regen
for about 4-5M gold

but 7m unlikely in your current state, maybe mp0 but not very quickly
u'd need something around 20m in my opinion to do it with some reasonable pace
Reply Quote
I dunno about quickness, but I'm online now and wouldn't mind helping you look at the AH for some easy upgrades.
Reply Quote
Looks like you just hit level 60 with your Monk. Congrats!

You may have to give some idea what you mean by "farm mp 1 with the quickness". From personal experience, 7M gold is enough to make a Monk that can play in MP 5 and pretty much kill MP1 enemies just by looking at them. (Not an exaggeration, really. At 70K DPS, some enemies are probably going to die just to the Sweeping Winds)

I couldn't get into the whole "Infinite Tempest Rush" build thing, though, so if that's what you're looking for, I don't know how much the gear costs (I've never bought spirit regen gear) or how much DPS you need to be one-shotting everything. Might be out of your price range.

Exactly how efficiently are you looking to farm?
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 11/20/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well I wanted to blaze through the maps with tempest rush and kill elites quickly. They don't have to die in 5 seconds or anything like that I just don't want to spend 2-3 minutes per pack.

Masterbeta is spirit regen gear expensive?
Reply Quote
Tempest Rush build is not my expertise, sorry. I just get it on my helm because I'm a Skorn monk and attack slower, thus generating less spirit than dual wield monks.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well I wanted to blaze through the maps with tempest rush and kill elites quickly. They don't have to die in 5 seconds or anything like that I just don't want to spend 2-3 minutes per pack.

Masterbeta is spirit regen gear expensive?

I don't think so. I think you can gear up quite nicely to get through MP0 efficiently.
When it comes to farming XP, MP0 is good enough. It's about xp/hr.

I beefed up my monk in two stages. Stage 1 is complete, that is where I am at now :)
The process included getting as much DPS as I could on a budget w/o dying.
I gave up a lot of vit, life sustain, resists and armor.

As I build up DPS i farmed MP0 faster and faster and faster till I am where I am today.

Now that I can calk walk through MP0/1 (haven't test beyond 2), time to save up gold for LS/VIT/Armor.

It was a fun journey. Not saying how I did was the efficient or the best, just saying it worked for me. And you are exactly where I was about 6 weeks ago or so :)

I also think the build I'm using is EXTREMELY effective. Before the 4pc Inna's, I had Exalted Soul instead of Seize the Initiative.

I tried TR a few times and to keep it UP enough to smash mobs and not run out of spirit is something that needs some getting used to.
A build like this with a templar gets you great up time but derps your DPS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acXSgQ!Ubc!aZbYYZ

GL!
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 11/20/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]