Diablo® III

Weapon Throw Guide for Dummies!

Yup, i think i got what you are trying to say...the faster the harder to control

Tried testing out yesterday and i notice some difference with 2.2 attack speed compare to 1.8

I think i'll just switch out the mempo with IK helm

And also will be trying out Hota, thx for the info detox :)

Having more attack speed is not a bad thing, just make sure you don't emphasize ASP as your main source of DPS boost, hence cc > cd >ias. If you already have good cc & cd, there is absolutely no reason to not go for more IAS to boost your DPS further.

Besides, unless you are farming low MP where you 1 shot everything, how often would you be moving your barb after every single throw!?

Ya think have to focus on CC n CD first, guess my current asp shd be fine, farming mp5 n 6 usually, for movement not that hectic after each throw
Reply Quote
Another thing that shouldn't be overlooked is, slow APS means you will most likely kill things slower.

Using Detox's example:

Barb A has 1 aps, and 200k dmg/hit.
Barb B has 2 aps, and 100k dmg/hit.

If a monster has 500k HP, it will take Barb A 3 seconds (3 hits, 600k dmg) to kill the monster, and 100k damage goes to waste. It will take Barb B 2.5 seconds (5 hits, 500k dmg) to kill the monster, and no damage goes to waste.

As you can see, there is benefit to break your DPS into smaller segments to yield better results, however, as I have mentioned above, IAS should not be emphasized over cc and cd.
Reply Quote
Another thing that shouldn't be overlooked is, slow APS means you will most likely kill things slower.

Using Detox's example:

Barb A has 1 aps, and 200k dmg/hit.
Barb B has 2 aps, and 100k dmg/hit.

If a monster has 500k HP, it will take Barb A 3 seconds (3 hits, 600k dmg) to kill the monster, and 100k damage goes to waste. It will take Barb B 2.5 seconds (5 hits, 500k dmg) to kill the monster, and no damage goes to waste.

As you can see, there is benefit to break your DPS into smaller segments to yield better results, however, as I have mentioned above, IAS should not be emphasized over cc and cd.

Noted for that point, another issue here with EHP and how to maintain and increase it...

Will add you in game later Acky if you are ok :)
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 09:08 PMPosted by JHarv
not hard when youre using skorn

it sure isnt, when u get attack speed on every piece of gear for inflated paper dps
Reply Quote

Noted for that point, another issue here with EHP and how to maintain and increase it...

Will add you in game later Acky if you are ok :)

yea, sure. :)

Attack speed is awsome for WT/WW build, WT has saved my a$$ many times and kiters are not an issue any more. Wrath is held with ease, once i get to the next lvl I can drop war cry for rend, ss or hota. I keep a 300 spear handy for fun.

Nice guide Acky, we have similar stats.

PS
Don't know if you mentioned the advantage of 12 ms on 300 spear for gear diversity.

Thanks. I didn't bother listing the MS on 300th because I assume that is pretty obvious. :p
Edited by Acky#1140 on 11/22/2012 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
<< barbarian wif 235k dps and 1 aps

Right, after you buffed your dps with BR + OP (Killing Spree) + enchantress.
Reply Quote
-I switched to weapon throw after I chanced upon Immortal King belt with -5 throw and I never look back since.
-It is extremely useful in uber especially against Kulle's bubble.
Reply Quote
-I switched to weapon throw after I chanced upon Immortal King belt with -5 throw and I never look back since.
-It is extremely useful in uber especially against Kulle's bubble.

WT is pretty versatile.
Reply Quote
Hi Acky,

I have a newly created Throw Barb and would like you to look at items and build for some suggestions. Haven't tried ubers with it yet, might switch to stun runes on both WT and SS.

Thanks!

P.S. If you have some old 300 Spear I could upgrade into, I'd would like to buy :)
Edited by HACKANDSLASH#6817 on 11/23/2012 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Have throw belt if anyone wants free.
not great but a good starter

38 st
78 vit
4% life
12 max fury
3.00% LS
-4 WT cost

add in game if interested
Reply Quote
Hi Acky,

I have a newly created Throw Barb and would like you to look at items and build for some suggestions. Haven't tried ubers with it yet, might switch to stun runes on both WT and SS.

Thanks!

P.S. If you have some old 300 Spear I could upgrade into, I'd would like to buy :)

Your MH, ring, and amulet needs an upgrade. Better bracers would be nice too.
Reply Quote
Is there ever a need for a Mara amulet or Skull Grasp to further reduce weapon throw? THoughts on this? Thanks for the guide!
Reply Quote
One other question, what Merc do you use? Soundrel for the 3% crit? I am slowly building up a pure throw barb for PVP, it is a side project but where I am putting all my gold right now. Thanks!
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Cold493
Is there ever a need for a Mara amulet or Skull Grasp to further reduce weapon throw? THoughts on this? Thanks for the guide!

Mara is bad. To be honest, the more I played, the less I want to waste a ring slot for -throw skull grasp. If you are running Into the Fray, there is no reason to run more than -5 throw from your belt.

11/24/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Cold493
One other question, what Merc do you use? Soundrel for the 3% crit? I am slowly building up a pure throw barb for PVP, it is a side project but where I am putting all my gold right now. Thanks!

I run enchantress because of the MF boost.
Reply Quote
@acky what do you think of my throw barb? i can do mp7 no problem. what upgrade should i make to be able to handle higher mp?
Reply Quote
Snares stack bro. Cold soj and wep throw i slow goblins to the point where they barely move at all where i can literally surround them with nados. They stack multiplicatively

Acky quote False! Weapon Throw already has built in snare, so a cold SOJ will not give you any extra snare benefit, HOWEVER, if you are running a WW/WT hybrid with Echoing Fury as your main hand, then a cold SOJ will do you tons of good. A more detailed explanation from Acrimony can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005437820#12

There is also many posts proving soj is the best dps ring barb can get when you break 300k.
Edited by Pariah#1412 on 11/25/2012 2:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Great Thanks. I am wondering how this is going to play out in PVP where resource management is going to be a big deal for throw barbs. I am going to hold onto the Maras I picked up super cheap for now and see how PVP plays out. Could be interesting. Really good guide. I appreciate all the work.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 02:07 AMPosted by GT888
@acky what do you think of my throw barb? i can do mp7 no problem. what upgrade should i make to be able to handle higher mp?

Amulet needs a big upgrade.

Snares stack bro. Cold soj and wep throw i slow goblins to the point where they barely move at all where i can literally surround them with nados. They stack multiplicatively

Acky quote False! Weapon Throw already has built in snare, so a cold SOJ will not give you any extra snare benefit, HOWEVER, if you are running a WW/WT hybrid with Echoing Fury as your main hand, then a cold SOJ will do you tons of good. A more detailed explanation from Acrimony can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005437820#12

There is also many posts proving soj is the best dps ring barb can get when you break 300k.

You are mistaken. The snare from WT and the snare from SoJ are not cumulative.

11/25/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Cold493
Great Thanks. I am wondering how this is going to play out in PVP where resource management is going to be a big deal for throw barbs. I am going to hold onto the Maras I picked up super cheap for now and see how PVP plays out. Could be interesting. Really good guide. I appreciate all the work.

To be honest, there is no reason to think too far ahead about PVP.
Reply Quote
Any suggestion on my WT barb? looking for upgrade

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]