Diablo® III

Weapon Throw Guide for Dummies!

Any suggestion on my WT barb? looking for upgrade

Thanks in advance

You need a lot more HP.

You need to upgrade your 300th spear with a socket one and 40%+ throw damage. Your strongarm needs to have vit. You emphasized too much on attack speed, and not enough crit chance.
Reply Quote
I've been looking for a guide like this.

really appreciate
Reply Quote
Any suggestion on my WT barb? looking for upgrade

Thanks in advance

You need a lot more HP.

You need to upgrade your 300th spear with a socket one and 40%+ throw damage. Your strongarm needs to have vit. You emphasized too much on attack speed, and not enough crit chance.

Thanks man, yeah, after reading your post, I will change some of IAS to CC then CD...

Though I found it's easier for me to get base CD for 300th, rather than OS. 100% vs. 80% should not be much difference I assume.

Guess I will need to make a vitality HF ring, while boosting VIT from other parts.

Thanks again Acky
Reply Quote
are there any good WT barb streams? looking to get some playstyle tips and maybe gear advice, just went weapon throw 2 days ago and been doing good so far.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:10 AMPosted by scubasteve
are there any good WT barb streams? looking to get some playstyle tips and maybe gear advice, just went weapon throw 2 days ago and been doing good so far.

I don't know anyone who still streams WT barbs, but you should be able to find some old youtube videos of Det0x throwing in MP10 ubers.
Reply Quote
thoughts for me to upgrade/change? looking to do ubers with wt
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 10:09 PMPosted by MFTrust
thoughts for me to upgrade/change? looking to do ubers with wt

You need to link your D3 profile.
Reply Quote
how about Sky Splitter instead of Echoing Fury ?!
i mean.. im running on budget build..
and i cant buy echoing with crit dmg + socket..
that extra 500 hp regen seems tempting..
Reply Quote
how about Sky Splitter instead of Echoing Fury ?!
i mean.. im running on budget build..
and i cant buy echoing with crit dmg + socket..
that extra 500 hp regen seems tempting..

The regen is absolutely useless. You should always focus on killing or weakening your target before it reaches you, and the 500 regen will not help you sustain any close combat fight. If you are on a budget, just get an EF with 150 str and socket. Crit Damage EF is nice to have, but not a necessity.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MFTrust-1720/

whoops!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MFTrust-1720/

whoops!

Hmmm....a 2H throw.

I would obviously suggest you switch to dual wield with a 300th spear, HOWEVER, I also understand that some players are attached to their Skorn, which is absolutely fine as long as you are happy with yours.

I noticed that your vit is lacking, so depends on your budget, I would definitely upgrade your helm, chest, and belt first. You can easily find IK helms with vit for relatively cheap, and -5 throw belts with vit are not expensive either.

Once you have a respectable EHP, I would also suggest you run a hybrid throw build, such as Weapon Throw/HoTA. This would make good use of your decent DPS when it comes to farming ubers.

You can try this out and see if it fits your play style:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fZdRQP!ZfY!ZZZYZc

If you are having problem staying alive due to being in melee range while using HoTA, you can switch out Overpower (Killing Spree) for Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss).
Edited by Acky#1140 on 11/27/2012 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sadly my profile hasn't updated, I actually already switched to DW and a -5 belt. Annoying
Reply Quote
I do a hybrid throw/slam barb. Replaced spear with seismic slam for groups and no escape with the 2 rage/sec thingy since I don't have 5 piece IK.

Slam knocks back all the non-elites and hits harder/bigger area. Throw snares the elites for slam.

Lets me range kite kill pretty much anything fast, so I can stack tons of MF. I'm only at 65k dps myself unbuffed in full mf gear, but it seems to be just fine.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#feURkP!!ZYbYcc

Also geared up my scoundrel to deal 25k dps. Cost a few mil, but he can kill groups by himself in a few seconds.
Edited by SteveC#1225 on 11/28/2012 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Please shhhhhhh... This thread... Dont want 'them' to nerf WT barbs... Wizard i've heard being hit silently in this latest patch... Shhhhhh....
Reply Quote
If your primary attack is Weapon Throw, then 300th spear is a must.

Not true... I use wep throw to build my fury for I do not use a primary skill. My build is primarily a 2hand hota/rend hybrid build with wep throw which I use very often in conjunction with hota/rend.

Skorn works fine and my wep throw crits for 300k per target hit (ricochet). Just goes to show you don't need a 300th spear...

Not true... I use wep throw to build my fury for I do not use a primary skill. My build is primarily a 2hand hota/rend hybrid build with wep throw which I use very often in conjunction with hota/rend.

Skorn works fine and my wep throw crits for 300k per target hit (ricochet). Just goes to show you don't need a 300th spear...

He means WT as a primary, meaning main damage dealer, in which case its true a 300 is a must. Adding 30-40% damage is huge.

I am finding farming very slow at the moment, any pointers? I literally just stand there WT'ing and elites take a while to die in MP2-3. I think my dps is respectable, not high though but it's weird that it's not that efficient for me.

Maybe I am just used to the WD one-shotting everything since I swap between my toons each day....
Edited by xBert#6960 on 11/28/2012 4:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have seen some insane videos with throw barbs, but obviously they are very well geared. I am sitting at almost 59% CC with scoundrel, probably need more CD on the ammy and right ring but they are beyond my budget.

I wanted to make a skorn throw barb and the principle behind is very good (they should replace the axe animation with a bus when using skorn), but again, the budget is lacking severely. I'd need to add some ASI for better mobility and trifecta anything is so expensive!

I like the hybrid build but the purity/novelty of a throw barb is just awesome. Probably the best range class.
Reply Quote
I actually have 2 skorns myself that I sniped off the AH, one for the WD another one saved for the monk when it gets to 60 (eventually). Just my experience with the WD is that the skorn is slow, but WD have very hard hitting AOE skills and mana is limited, so I find it acceptable. When I equipped it on the barb though, the play style is very different, i no longer hit an entire screen with one skill and I'm guessing that I'd need to build around this weapon to make the most of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]