Diablo® III

Add option to disable SCREEN SHAKING please !

(Locked)

Community Manager
When you say that "the shake itself isn't so bad if the spell is cast on a target that's farther away" I would have to ask:
Do you have a problem with the screen shakes to begin with in order to know which type of share is more tolerable? Are you talking from experience or you're only guessing?

I personally do not, so if someone who suffers from symptoms as a result of the screen shake effect would be willing to prioritize which spells are the worst offenders (or list them according to severity) and why, I'd be happy to pass that information along.

12/12/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Noxifer
So Diablo3 was designed and it's meant to be played in a manner that causes headaches, is that it? If that is the case -- you have succeeded, and not just because of the screen shakes.

No, not at all. Like I said before, the shake is much more prominent than we intended for certain play styles, and those play styles weren't something we really accounted for when we were designing all the spell FX.
I cant believe I haven't seen that b4 made my night seeing lots more blue posts lately keep up the good work lylirra
I can't say I actually noticed the screen shaking due to spells (though I imagine I will eventually as I have been using Meteor more and more), but there are definitely parts of Act 3 Keep Depths that shake just by standing there and it does give me a bit of a headache. Fortunately not severe.

As far as skills that give me motion sickness--Fists of Thunder with Thunderclap. It's completely unusable. Not sure there's a way to fix it, however.
Edited by PAV#1876 on 12/12/2012 11:13 PM PST
12/12/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Lylirra
I personally do not, so if someone who suffers from symptoms as a result of the screen shake effect would be willing to prioritize which spells are the worst offenders (or list them according to severity) and why, I'd be happy to pass that information along.

Screen shaking is annoying, such as the Wizard's Meteor, but more annoying are all of the graphics from the various spells. The spell graphics add to graphics lag and make it next to impossible to not only see what you are attacking but also what negative spells you may be standing in yourself.
12/12/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Kurama

Screen shaking is annoying, such as the Wizard's Meteor, but more annoying are all of the graphics from the various spells. The spell graphics add to graphics lag and make it next to impossible to not only see what you are attacking but also what negative spells you may be standing in yourself.
there is not one problem for me with screen shaking... the only game to have ever whent overboard in not a good way is Dungeon defenders with Trolls
Playing my monk with fists of thunder:thunderclap and sweeping wind:cyclone, high attack speed and crit chance, the screen shaking gets quite uncomfortable. The shake combined with warping around makes it that much harder.
Who wants to bet blizzard will just nerf the zombie bears so that it can no longer be spammed and consider this [fixed]?
11/27/2012 02:59 AMPosted by Prototype
it HURTS MY EYES if i play d3 for a long time

This is the problem, jit.

Diablo 3 doesn't kill people's eyes, people kill people's eyes.
When you say that "the shake itself isn't so bad if the spell is cast on a target that's farther away" I would have to ask:
Do you have a problem with the screen shakes to begin with in order to know which type of share is more tolerable? Are you talking from experience or you're only guessing?

12/12/2012 08:20 PMPosted by Noxifer
So Diablo3 was designed and it's meant to be played in a manner that causes headaches, is that it? If that is the case -- you have succeeded, and not just because of the screen shakes.

No, not at all. Like I said before, the shake is much more prominent than we intended for certain play styles, and those play styles weren't something we really accounted for when we were designing all the spell FX.

It feels like everything is this game has a screenshake effect to them. Arc, electrocute is enough to give you a seizure when your attack speed is high enough.

Best would be and just about everyone else would agree with me is simply to add an option to disable it for now.

Later on you can do it the Blizzard way(which takes forever), is to adjust all the skills and add an intensity option.
12/13/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Techies
Best would be and just about everyone else would agree with me is simply to add an option to disable it for now.

but you know, CONSOLE version of the game, top priority... game must be oversimplified to suit a gamepad. After all it's the most important thing for this game now, right?
I'm sorry but, if you suffer from motion sickness... DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES. That's the hard truth. Deal with it. You can't expect developers to worry about "accessibility" on that scale.

It's fricken meteors from the sky!!! They shake the ground!! Wow...
i remember the good old diablo 2 maphack, had shake removal feature.. thats one of the main reasons i used maphack

screenshake is so god damn annoying, in any game except FPS games when you get shotin the head, coz then it actually makes sense for the screen to shake)
Just add what Torchlight and a plethora of other games has; an option to turn it off. Solved.
I'm sorry but, if you suffer from motion sickness... DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES. That's the hard truth. Deal with it. You can't expect developers to worry about "accessibility" on that scale.

Would you like someone to grab your TV and shaking it back and forward when you watch a movie? Thats how it feels to play shaking video games.

This shaking things in games is a new thing probably developed from the FPS games, nothing that have to be in video games. Its far from everyone that is a CoD, or Battlefield fan and want this stressful enviorments.
Edited by cozaoz#2550 on 12/13/2012 8:47 AM PST
12/13/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Techies
It feels like everything is this game has a screenshake effect to them.

Everything does, even the simplest default attack on for instance Barb; Melee Attack (or Punch if you're unarmed) shakes the screen. You don't even have to do damage much less a critical hit, just swing in the air and see the whole screen do a huge jolt. It's tremendously annoying and would be something I would disable in an instant if it was possible.

Please add an disable option, even if it would be in a secondary/optional textfile in the file directory, just like for instance Torchlight; screenshake=0 - quit - save - done.
12/13/2012 08:43 AMPosted by cozaoz
This shaking things in games is a new thing probably developed from the FPS games, nothing that have to be in video games.

The first time I can remember seeing this was in Quake which was indeed an FPS game, where you for instance were hit by a rocket launcher, your whole screen was twisted clockwise. You could manually dial the effect back through the console which I did and was subsequently tagged as a cheater during LAN gaming. Ah, happy days.

That's like saying don't build ramps for paraplegics that can't climb stairs and just deal with it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]