Diablo® III

Add option to disable SCREEN SHAKING please !

(Locked)

Although D3 has not given me issues, I had really bad motion sickness with Metroid Prime for the gamecube, so I know what it's like.

I think that EVERY game should have an option to disable this. A feature that makes some people sick should never be forced upon the player, and I honestly think that any company who disagrees should be shunned.
JUST TURN IT OFF BADS
Lylirra,

To be constructive here. And nice, and polite.

I think this would be a "basic" problem. There is currently another thread that was started about going from act to act in the same game where I name lots more.

IMO. The basics should be addressed before anything else is.

One that I mentioned was rubber banding, similar to shaking, but has different cause.

Why? Well, they are all either recurring, or just as is and pretty much no one likes it. We all love Diablo, so don't get me wrong.

Thats just my take on the priority aspect of it. I know people are screaming for pvp, etc etc. And more content.

Shaking in act 3 btw, may have mad the act seem "epic" at first glance, but it is annoying as hell.

We don't think that adding an option to disable screen shake is necessarily the best answer to this problem, but we do agree that a) it is a problem (even if it's not high priority) and b) we'd like to do something about it.

The primary issue is with the way many of the spells with a "shake" effect were designed. The shake itself isn't so bad if the spell is cast on a target that's farther away from your character, and that's how we imagined those spells would primarily be used when we originally implemented them. For many current builds, though, it's common to repeatedly cast spells with those effects right on top of yourself (see Meteor or Zombie Bears, or in rare situations Dire Bats). The result is that the shake is MUCH more prominent than we intended, and those play styles weren't something we really accounted for when we were designing all the spell FX.

So, it's our bad, and we want to fix it, but we'd prefer to correct the core of the problem (the way the shake effect works) rather than creating another toggle in the Options menu. That's a timely investment, though, and there are other things we'd like to address first, so I don't have a time frame to share for when we'll get to it just yet.

TL; DR: We've heard your feedback (yay!). We agree that the shake can be annoying. We want to correct the issue and improve your gaming experience, but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be able to tackle that fix.
WHEN i can turn off this shaking screen? I want play barbarian but every hit barbarin go with this shaking, i cant play ever 1 min and turn it off to play wizzard
I never noticed the shaking until a couple of days ago and I play with a group of wizards spamming meteors. I get motion sickness can't even read in the car and being out in a small boat in the ocean is a problem but this on how people get affected by this just baffles me.
12/10/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Lylirra
The shake itself isn't so bad if the spell is cast on a target that's farther away from your character, and that's how we imagined those spells would primarily be used when we originally implemented them. For many current builds, though, it's common to repeatedly cast spells with those effects right on top of yourself (see Meteor or Zombie Bears, or in rare situations Dire Bats). The result is that the shake is MUCH more prominent than we intended, and those play styles weren't something we really accounted for when we were designing all the spell FX.

Not to be rude but please do you really know your game? Zombie Bears is a "melee" range spell.
will this ever happen? im getting litarally sick of playing in group and spamming my dogs, not to mention constant fps drops just that screen shaking gives me headache after just 1 run. srsly this thread is 4(!!!) month old, but guess evaluation on how to work this out is still in progress heh. ffs
Also, please . ..please, get rid of flashing monster damage. I cannot play this bloody game without my eyes being burnt out from that stuff. If only they could get rid of flashing strobe light monster effects and instead throw in lots more gore/blood to give this game a nice dark look again.
02/25/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Superflu
Also, please . ..please, get rid of flashing monster damage. I cannot play this bloody game without my eyes being burnt out from that stuff. If only they could get rid of flashing strobe light monster effects and instead throw in lots more gore/blood to give this game a nice dark look again.

Path of exile has a way to turn off screen shaking. Also they dont have flashing mobs when damage is done to them. I think this problem has already been solved.
Any word on this? I'd like to be able to play my monk more often in multiplayer; I can't right now because the screen shaking and flashing attack effects for other class skills aggravates my movement disorder.
Screen shaking is awful. WD 0 dog build is constant screen shake, it was actually making me feel sick.
After playing this game many hours...

I decided to quit until "Disable Screen Shake" and "No Flashy effects" options added the game

Feedbacks are just "the persone you have called can not be reached at the moment..." thing I have been there and I know the bussines..

I think my eye health and unbumped braind worth much than a game

thanks
12/10/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Lylirra
We don't think that adding an option to disable screen shake is necessarily the best answer to this problem

what are you talking about? if people don't want a shake on their screen at all, why are you not going to let that happen? it's not mandatory to have while playing the game, it's just a nuisance when trying to see through it
My god. I've never seen so many whimpery peeps in one thread ANYWHERE! You got screen shake. So What? I'm pissed because I can't attack with my Zombie Bears from 30 yards out. I wouldn't mind screen shake all the time they were running long as they could keep charging like bad !@# bears for as long as a fire ball will fly, or a hungry arrow will sail through the air.

And you guys are complaining about a little screen shake and monster flash. Sheesh.
Nine months have gone by and yet another simple fix is thrown in the "comma" bin as being too hard for their devs to tackle. I'm starting to fear for the longevity of this game...
they won't even add an option to turn off that stupid, irritating red glow that fills the entire screen when your health is low. They're not going to be bothered with the screen shake.

And Lylirra, whether you want to admit it or not, the level of arrogance on that team is thick enough to choke on from 3,000 miles away. If you didn't work for Blizzard, you would no doubt agree with me.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]