Diablo® III

Confirmed after hundreds of hours of playing

Posting in a thread that has a 0.001% higher chance of being read by a blue. Buff the EXP bonus for higher monster levels plz. MP0 is by far the most efficient for EXP/items with few exceptions. Almost everyone who says they farm on MP3+ doesn't understand what the word efficient means and is not playing efficiently. Grimiku is not playing efficiently.

MP0 stays in a good place and higher MP become more valuable for more highly geared players. Push the button.
Reply Quote
You have to remember that MP was something that the devs put in as a challenge for the players that crave a challenge. They never intended to make it where you were forced to use it at all. They want you to play this game at the MP setting that is best for you. If MP0 is best for you then knock yourself out.

But there is no way you can prove that MP0 is the best setting without using theorycrafting mathematics. Without showing the numbers, just saying I have thoroughly tested it and these are my findings. Without posting the proof you do not lend any credibility to your claim.

Maybe MP0 is fine for your. But others can handle even higher MP settings.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:47 PMPosted by chancesz
What you elites you can melt in 4-5 secs in mp0 will take 15-20 secs in mp3

False

Look up sustained damage builds with high APS / CC (like mine). I gain efficiency through higher MP due to my wind up timing to a certain MP point of course (I've found it, for me it's MP3). Takes me the same seconds to wind up in MP0 as it does MP3.

MP0 I kill elites in 4-5 seconds. MP3 I kill elites in 5-8 seconds. Unlike a burst dpser, the more seconds go by the more damage I do, significantly more up to a certain time (5 seconds).

That said, MP2 is actually more efficient for me - but I like MP3 for additional items and it only takes me 3-4 minutes more on my Alakizer run. (19-23 minutes vs 16 to 19)
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/1/2012 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
so if I do, on average, an alkaizer route like so:
mp0 in 10 minutes
mp1 in 10 minutes
mp2 in 10 minutes
mp3 STILL in 10 minutes

you're saying that mp0 is STILL the most efficient regardless of the EXP/GF/MF bonus and overall time done to finish the run?

HOW?
Reply Quote
mp0 in 10 minutes
mp1 in 10 minutes
mp2 in 10 minutes
mp3 STILL in 10 minutes

you're saying that mp0 is STILL the most efficient regardless of the EXP/GF/MF bonus and overall time done to finish the run?

HOW?

If you do all 4 of those modes in exactly 10 minutes, your testing process is very faulty.

Simple, if you do alk run mp3 in 10 minutes (which i doubt you do), then you'd do it in 7 minutes or less in mp0.

Here, you might understand this logic:

Monster power 3 has over triple the monster hit points. So lets reduce that to normal.
Cutting the monsters hit points by 2/3rds is the SAME as TRIPLING your damage in regards to efficiency.

Therefor you're arguing that tripling your damage would NOT make you complete runs faster, and you are very wrong sir.

Monster power 3 = 75 more mf (you can have 450 MF instead of 375 MF The difference between 450 and 375 is a 20% increase) So a 20% gain in MF cap difference from the MF cap in monster power 0.

OR

Monster power 0 = still at 375 MF but in comparison to MP3 you have TRIPLE damage.

TLDR: Your choices are play mp3 for a 20% gain in mf (450 from 375 cap) or play with triple damage. The choice is obvious.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 12/1/2012 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Grimiku
I could kill more monsters in that single run but I also have to factor in Keywardens.

Actually, no you dont...
The Hellfire Rings are so bad, why even bother going for em?
Its easier to simply snag a nice rare / perfectly rolled one from the AH.
Reply Quote
I could kill more monsters in that single run but I also have to factor in Keywardens.

Actually, no you dont...
The Hellfire Rings are so bad, why even bother going for em?
Its easier to simply snag a nice rare / perfectly rolled one from the AH.

Triflecta Hell Fire Rings;
http://www.diabloprogress.com/items/?class=all&slot=all&item_name=hellfire+ring&stat1=att_speed&val1=&stat2=crit_chance&val2=&stat3=crit_dmg&val3=&stat4=&val4=&stat5=&val5=&stat6=&val6=&max_bo=&compare_to_btag=&sortby=score

It's not easier to snag a Nice Triflecta ring on the AH. . . because they cost a lot.

While you say you can just farm and loot a ring on the ground that has a chance to roll a a Triflecta. . . but at the same time also farm for keys and when you've got enough do Ubers with a team to increase the chances of getting Organs, much better.

DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 12/1/2012 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
It’s very rare that I have a chance to do more than one run in any given play session, so I prefer to do it on the highest Monster Power I can reasonably handle. I know on a lower Monster Power I could kill more monsters in that single run but I also have to factor in Keywardens.

if you dont give a damn about keywarden like me, MP0 is the best for every aspect.
Reply Quote
mp0 in 10 minutes
mp1 in 10 minutes
mp2 in 10 minutes
mp3 STILL in 10 minutes

HOW?

If you do all 4 of those modes in exactly 10 minutes, your testing process is very faulty.

Simple, if you do alk run mp3 in 10 minutes (which i doubt you do), then you'd do it in 7 minutes or less in mp0.

Monster power 3 has over triple the monster hit points. So lets reduce that to normal.
Cutting the monsters hit points by 2/3rds is the SAME as TRIPLING your damage in regards to efficiency.

Therefor you're arguing that tripling your damage would NOT make you complete runs faster, and you are very wrong sir.

Monster power 3 = 75 more mf (you can have 450 MF instead of 375 MF The difference between 450 and 375 is a 20% increase) So a 20% gain in MF cap difference from the MF cap in monster power 0.

OR

Monster power 0 = still at 375 MF but in comparison to MP3 you have TRIPLE damage.

TLDR: Your choices are play mp3 for a 20% gain in mf (450 from 375 cap) or play with triple damage. The choice is obvious.

Wrath on + slightly slower kill time
vs
dropped wrath everytime because things die in one pass + faster kill time.
Reply Quote
As archon im 265K dps and kill MP3 as fast as MP0 why would I farm MP0? As CM wiz the wind up is too long so it's terribly inefficient at any MP except extermly high
Reply Quote
Mp4 for me sometimes mp3, mobs don't live long enough for fury gen at the lower end.
Reply Quote
I disagree with OP post. From my own experience I believe that the higher MP you can handle the better your drop rates and quality of drops. I like to run at mp8. But can't go below mp6. Can't keep fury up on mobs at that level.
Reply Quote
^that's a crapton of dps @_@ I'm not even half where you are. lol
Reply Quote

OR

Wrath on + slightly slower kill time
vs
dropped wrath everytime because things die in one pass + faster kill time.

Most classes are not barbs.
Reply Quote
I am stating my experience. Other classes have stated theirs.

Generally, yes mp0 is fastest. Generally, not everyone is of equal gear with the same exact skill setup. Generally, we need to be more specific to our personal setups whatever they might be.
Reply Quote
my most efficient run is probably Act 3 on MP1.
Follower and 5 stack my magic find is 400 and I do Battlements and Stonefort without Archon expiring even a single time. Most often I even have time to Teleport to Keeps or Rakkis bridge continuing the spell.

I do wish that all the levels have increased layout randomness. zZz
Reply Quote
It’s very rare that I have a chance to do more than one run in any given play session, so I prefer to do it on the highest Monster Power I can reasonably handle. I know on a lower Monster Power I could kill more monsters in that single run but I also have to factor in Keywardens.

You realize that the time you have available to do a run at a higher MP might allow you to do 2 or more runs in the same amount of time?
Reply Quote
you can always check your Xp/hr run time at http://www.d3trophy.com/

my personal highest was 39M/hr. full A3 run
Reply Quote
I get 50m XP per hour doing the Alkaizer run on MP3. If I were to do MP0, my speed would not increase by enough to make up for the lack of bonus XP, given that mobs are one-shotted 90% of the time on both MP levels.
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 12/1/2012 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 04:57 AMPosted by redclaw
chuck norris would beg to disagree. all mp level is too gay for him.

Chuck Norris has his own MP Level. Chuck Norris level. Where he fights his clone just to give him a challenge.

ANYWAYS.. MP0. Still best in farming IMO but you have to max your MF too for more efficiency.

1 HitKO monsters in MP0 with Max MF and at maximum speed?.. that'll really be efficient. Look at Alk, he farmed the hell out of MP0.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]