What should matter to Blizzard is that the majority of customers are unsatisfied with current trading practices. Something that continues to be perceived as unfair is likely to turn people away. Quite a good motive for actions, isn't it?
This is what can be done to eliminate the unwanted trading behavior:
- items purchased on either of the AHs should not be allowed to sell for more than what they were acquired for. Obviously that would not apply to newly found items (not dropped on the ground by other players) when trying to sell them for the very first time. That's right - only reselling is penalized. Buy items to use them or don't buy at all.
Example: a monster drops item X. One decides to sell it in the GAH for 50M. Someone buys it for 50M. The person who bought it now cannot sell it for more than 50M (whether in the GAH or using the trade window while in the game). Same principle applies to the RMAH.
In order for the above to work these measures also need to be taken:
- gold cannot be purchased for real money (pay2win? -> go buy stuff on the RMAH)
- gold becomes account-bound and cannot be given to other players as gift (you want to help somebody -> buy/give them items instead of giving gold)
* bonus option: do you want item sink in the game? Simply add this:
- after, let's say, 50 times the item is resold - it becomes account-bound (can only be used/salvaged/vendored). Colour-code or somehow mark the item in the AH/trade window, so people can see that it's the last time that item can be sold.
P.S. I honestly wouldn't care if the proposed changes made some flippers quit. In a way, they have already done so and are now just poisoning other people's experience.
I do not remember such a thing ever existed.11/30/2012 03:13 AMPosted by kiloI remember there used to be timers on the items during launch. Just re implement that feature and put a x amount of hours limit on it can be re sold.
LOL its funny to see such things on the forums, with time, people that elect people like Obama want the US to become socialist/ communits. In the real world all that does is ruin the will to make better things, in some cases even work for more money. Thus makes the country fall behind in times compared to other countries with the reason to work.
^ Communist. :)
Or a person who doesn't understand the simple basics of economics. *I'm going to go with the latter, but just incase! Look below!*
Please - do us all a favor and move to one of these communist countries. Thanks. I'll even link you to a website that lists all of them.
This is the single most idiotic idea I've ever heard in my entire life.
People are so entitled these days. All flippers do is correct the economy. If an item is bought for 10m and relisted at 50m, then it's actually worth 50m. You wouldn't be complaining if that item was never listed at 10m, but instead was just listed at its actual value of 50m. Why do you feel you "deserve" these incorrectly priced items?
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.