Diablo® III

AH Flipping Has Got to Stop Indeed

So it boils down to:
If you lost a bid for an item you really really wanted (with < 1 min to go , lol) , only to see it posted on AH for 5 times the price you had bid, then flipping is bad (I've been in this boat).

OR

If you win an item with a low winning bid (for that item) and double your money then flipping is good (been in this boat too).

I really think it's just sour grapes the people who say flipping is bad, I know because that's how I feel when I lose a bid for an item I really like, I curse at the screen and wish atrocities on the person who stole my precious! However, I must say that a free market sets the price, and when I do flip, which is not often, I am taking a risk, a risk that most people don't want to take so if I make some gold, so what.

The guy talking about violation of the Terms of Use, please stop the nonsense.
Edited by MadMonk#1407 on 11/30/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
"Huuurrrrr durrrr I'm a dumbass that doesn't understand economics so nerf the Ah so it's fair for everyone!!!1111!"

Gtfo you liberal dipsht.
Reply Quote
"Huuurrrrr durrrr I'm a dumbass that doesn't understand economics so nerf the Ah so it's fair for everyone!!!1111!"

Gtfo you liberal dipsht.

LOL! Liberal = free market "dip!@#$"
Reply Quote

Liberals like big government and control instead of things working naturally. And things to be given out instead of people becoming smarter and working for their own money.

Please suck a #@***!!!.
Reply Quote
AH flippers / Botter's / Multi boxing /Exploiters

ALL NEED TO GO! You guys suck at d3 so bad you gotta cheat. Pathetic.

If you think otherwise your just a greedy idiot like them.
Reply Quote
The only people in here screaming vehemently that AH flipping is just and good, are the ones who do it.

First, the argument that it is somehow the seller's fault for pricing an item too low. There is no too low - the seller has every right to sell an item for any amount he or she sees fit.

Second, and all else that needs to be said is this:

Auction House Terms of Use:

11 Restrictions and conditions of use:
(B) You will not:
(iii) " use the auction house as an investment vehicle"

Because gold has a real money value associated to it, by flipping items on the GAH, and obviously the RMAH, you are using the AH as an "investment vehicle" and are therefore in violation of the auction house terms of usage.

It therefore follows that Blizzard should implement controls to prevent this from happening, such as timers, or not allowing an item to be re-listed for more than 115% of it's AH purchase price. Since they would simply be enforcing their own terms of usage

You can't compare this AH economy to the real world. It is a video game

How can this be any simpler?

/thread

that only apply to the rmah not the game gold ah
Reply Quote
flipping on gah is the game. Its not cheating its how people play

flipping on gah is the game. Its not cheating its how people play. Your just too freaking poor to have spare millions to flip items with. I love flipping , it jacks up all the damn price of things and i make lots and lots of gold!!!
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:07 PMPosted by ricedragon
flipping on gah is the game. Its not cheating its how people play. Your just too freaking poor to have spare millions to flip items with. I love flipping , it jacks up all the damn price of things and i make lots and lots of gold!!!

Rofl... poor... I have gone through 100's of mils and have about 63 mil on me right now. I get all my items and gold legit. No bots / no flipping / no rmah. AH flippin is not the game ya bone head. If you cant succeed in this game without flipping/botting/exploiting/multiboxing. Then you just plain suck.

Oh and before you say i have more time or don't have a job.... I work 8-10 hours a day and I am on call all weekend, EVERY weekend.
Reply Quote
Real life economy lovers, shall we also have credit and interest added into the game? A banker NPC for instance? What great economy we would have then. Very bloody realistic! (I wonder though if you are smart enough to see the immediate effect on prices…etc)
Reply Quote

Rofl... poor... I have gone through 100's of mils and have about 63 mil on me right now. I get all my items and gold legit. No bots / no flipping / no rmah. AH flippin is not the game ya bone head. If you cant succeed in this game without flipping/botting/exploiting/multiboxing. Then you just plain suck.

Oh and before you say i have more time or don't have a job.... I work 8-10 hours a day and I am on call all weekend, EVERY weekend.

So you're saying that if I see an item on AH for cheap, I should not buy it and resell it? Are you foolish and plain stupid? LOL? Damn right, I'm going to buy it before the next person does and resell it for higher. AH flipping is a legitimate means of making gold - so is farming. If it wasn't AH flipping, it would be flipping the trade forums instead. Oh - and who the hell are you to define what this game is? LOL THE CREATOR? No. You're probably just a lowly worker who can't get over how the game was designed and want to tell others how to enjoy their game - and that they aren't playing it right if they're "earning gold". Hahahaha - people like you make me laugh. Seriously.
Edited by Origin#1494 on 11/30/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Croy

'

Congrats too bad no one cares that you work at Mcdonalds.

LOL with flipping it takes a 10 minutes to make 500k+.

You're just mad you spent a hour or more grinding. Get a life. With those extra 50 minutes I can do something else rather than grind for !@#$ty gear.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:50 PMPosted by pyojune

'

Congrats too bad no one cares that you work at Mcdonalds.

LOL with flipping it takes a 10 minutes to make 500k+.

You're just mad you spent a hour or more grinding. Get a life. With those extra 50 minutes I can do something else rather than grind for !@#$ty gear.

Well spoken Pyo. :)
Reply Quote
The path of greed is a path to hell.

Enjoy the fire!
Reply Quote
HAHAHAHA OP WHY YOU SO STUPID....
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Munchman

Liberals like big government and control instead of things working naturally. And things to be given out instead of people becoming smarter and working for their own money.

Please suck a #@***!!!.

Please don't make this about politics, I'm a liberal but I disagree with the OP. I flip quite often and I think its perfectly fine to leave the D3 gold economy go as it will. Only when extreme situations occur should intervention be necessary, which as D3 is a game that should never happen (unlike the real world).

The flipper takes a huge risk that they may not be able to sell the item or even lose money on it. I have lost money on items. I have even done dumb things which cost me money because of the fast pace race a bid can take in the last minute of the auction. One time I accidentally hit buyout for 300k on an item about to end which the bid was 3k. Luckily, I sold it again for 297k so I only lost 3k instead of gaining almost 300k.

If what the OP said were implemented, it would be nearly impossible to get more gold than you've ever picked up. The only way anyone would be able to buy an item for 50m (since not too many people have actually picked up that much) would to have been lucky enough to find an item or two and sell them on the AH. Which would mean likely your gear would suck (and chances are you wouldn't get the drop I just mentioned).
Reply Quote
really OP? prevent a person from reselling an item for more. so let me get this straight, i buy an item that is very good, i use it until i get an upgrade, and the old item is more valuable now than it was, why shouldn't i be able to sell it at a higher price?
Edited by Satanspawn#1107 on 11/30/2012 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

8 hours ago

How is flipping cheating, how is multiboxing cheating, blizzard allows flipping and multiboxing. if a person posts an item for too low they enable flipping. would you preffer every item of a certain kind have the same price cap, and same minimum price, better yet why not remove the auction aspect all together and make it completely buyout. seriously just because you seem to think it's cheating doesn't make it so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]