Diablo® III

AH Flipping Has Got to Stop Indeed

I've made so much money off of idiots posting items at really low prices :)

My equipment has 1/10th of my wealth. The rest went on the RMAH to pay the rent.

HAHAHA OP

Hope you set aside some for income tax :)

This is only relevant if you make over 20,000 in 1 year and have 200+ transactions. And this is also per paypal account. I also log onto my mother's paypal account making money for her since she got layed off from working for the government for 19 years. I also make money on my girlfriend's paypal. It makes buying presents for her extremely easy and I don't even have to leave my house (which i own and payed in full)

But i have a copy of paypals forms in my filing cabinet in case I somehow make 11,000 more on each account before january. I'm an extremely organized man. I also have all 6,327 of my AH transactions recorded in a document in order by equipment slot, stats, and then price. And this is just one online game of mine; I've made money off of a few others throughout the past 12 years. Wherever there is profit to be made from economy in online RPG's, I'm usually there building small empires of virtual wealth.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 11/30/2012 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
If what the OP said were implemented, it would be nearly impossible to get more gold than you've ever picked up. The only way anyone would be able to buy an item for 50m (since not too many people have actually picked up that much) would to have been lucky enough to find an item or two and sell them on the AH. Which would mean likely your gear would suck (and chances are you wouldn't get the drop I just mentioned).

To get more gold than you've picked up, you'd simply need to sometimes sell items that you find (initial price can be whatever you want). You're absolutely right - without being able to get gold from the RMAH or by flipping stuff, something prices as 'high' as 50m sounds unreasonable... Which is exactly what it is! Prices would naturally adjust down towards a more reasonable (from a farming standpoint) level. Remember the price levels we had before RMAH was up? It was much more reasonable back then, than right now.

Just think about it. Right now this game allows you to obtain best gear and even make money.. without ever playing the actual game (ie without adding any value).
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 05:42 PMPosted by ALEXANDER
What should matter to Blizzard is that the majority of customers are unsatisfied with current trading practices.

Except that they aren't. Every time someone posts ANOTHER thread like this, most of the people responding seem to be perfectly fine with the system as it is now(with the obvious exception of bots, but that is an entirely different problem).
Reply Quote
Why are people so retarded? I'm sorry that you can't comprehend how to buy and flip items, or spend your gold efficiently on upgrades, and don't make enough IRL to buy items without caring about the money.

I never spent a dime on items or gold, and only flipped a few items (most weren't completely on purpose. Just bidding on multiple items, and after getting one to use, ended up snagging a second at the last minute for a good price). I was capable of clearing MP10 and farming 6-7 efficiently before I sold my gear and bought a crap set until PVP comes. Pocketed over $300 from my gear, and leaving $100 in my Paypal to regear in 1.1.

Flipping doesn't hurt you, and anyone can do it if they really wanted to. In fact, flipping fights gold inflation. The 15% gold fee has to be paid twice on each flipped item, thus increasing the worth of everyone's gold by reducing the supply. People who spend a lot of time flipping must also not farm during that time. That means they aren't introducing as much gold into the economy through their characters.

Honestly, in my opinion, trading should be less regulated by Blizz. The 10 auction limit, 2 bil /$250 cap, and minimum $0.25 on gold should all be removed and let the market regulate itself. Though, that would only really work if they could eliminate both farming and AH bots.
Reply Quote
More power to the flippers, after all the auction house is in the game therefore it's part of the game. if you spend alot of time in the auction house flipping, it doesn't mean you aren't playing the game, and it doesn't make you any worse of a player than anyone who grinds for the same items. people seem to be whining because they either don't have the gold, or can't for the life of them make a profit flipping, or maybe flipping just doesn't appeal to some, but how one chooses to play the game as long as they aren't cheating is their own business. whining about flipping is petty, and self centered
Reply Quote
Flippers whining about non flippers, non flippers whining about an incomplete game. Cant we all just get along?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Munchman
LOL! Liberal = free market "dip!@#$"

Liberals like big government and control instead of things working naturally. And things to be given out instead of people becoming smarter and working for their own money.

Please suck a #@***!!!.

Actually, liberals support free markets.

Read a book.
Reply Quote

Read a book.

Liberals = left = big government

I think you need to clue up son

ps. i flip items on the AH all the time, u mad?
Edited by minkywhale#6584 on 12/1/2012 7:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
What should matter to Blizzard is that the majority of customers are unsatisfied with current trading practices. Something that continues to be perceived as unfair is likely to turn people away. Quite a good motive for actions, isn't it?

This is what can be done to eliminate the unwanted trading behavior:

- items purchased on either of the AHs should not be allowed to sell for more than what they were acquired for. Obviously that would not apply to newly found items (not dropped on the ground by other players) when trying to sell them for the very first time. That's right - only reselling is penalized. Buy items to use them or don't buy at all.

Example: a monster drops item X. One decides to sell it in the GAH for 50M. Someone buys it for 50M. The person who bought it now cannot sell it for more than 50M (whether in the GAH or using the trade window while in the game). Same principle applies to the RMAH.

In order for the above to work these measures also need to be taken:
- gold cannot be purchased for real money (pay2win? -> go buy stuff on the RMAH)
- gold becomes account-bound and cannot be given to other players as gift (you want to help somebody -> buy/give them items instead of giving gold)

* bonus option: do you want item sink in the game? Simply add this:
- after, let's say, 50 times the item is resold - it becomes account-bound (can only be used/salvaged/vendored). Colour-code or somehow mark the item in the AH/trade window, so people can see that it's the last time that item can be sold.

P.S. I honestly wouldn't care if the proposed changes made some flippers quit. In a way, they have already done so and are now just poisoning other people's experience.

stop being a !%*##*@@* and post on a d3 profile. Its not like we cant dig up you d3 profile.
any one with half a brain can figure it out.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ALEXANDER-1716/
Bliz will never fix the flippers , it makes them money and makes almost eveyone happy. Now if you dont know how to flip then go back to farming.
Edited by ricedragon#1738 on 12/1/2012 7:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Once I came across a rare vendor selling a godly item. He was selling it for 15k. I then flipped them on the AH. Profit.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 08:04 PMPosted by PureLaine
Once I came across a rare vendor selling a godly item. He was selling it for 15k. I then flipped them on the AH. Profit.

grats. We all post just to piss OP off lol
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 05:42 PMPosted by ALEXANDER
What should matter to Blizzard is that the majority of customers are unsatisfied with current trading practices.

Really? Please show us the study you conducted that supports this.
Reply Quote
When people buy items to resell for profit, they're evil and selfish, but when I buy items for my own use I'm doing the community a service!
Reply Quote
@toiletmonstr
Are you serious?
Reply Quote
Flipping is not a problem and never has been. The problem is with kids thinking they're entitled to buy godly gear for 500k and crying about it when someone outbids them on some gear they really really really want. it's like when you say no to a kid at a toy store. Waaaah...
Reply Quote
seeing how bad the economy has become, i'd suggest you flip along with flippers. you think people got to the 500m and above just from farming? come on
Reply Quote

Read a book.

Liberals = left = big government

I think you need to clue up son

ps. i flip items on the AH all the time, u mad?

Neoliberalism refers to economic liberalizations, free trade and open markets, privatization, deregulation, and increasing the role of the private sector in modern society.

The term neoliberal is now normally associated with laissez-faire economic policies, and is used mainly by those who are critical of legislative market reform.

lol high school kids
Edited by cadaver#1574 on 12/23/2012 9:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
book reading time!
Reply Quote
OP sucks at this game and cries because he wants cheap items.

Open your wallet or open Azmodan's ugly head so you can get some damn items/gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]