Diablo® III

Pickup radius and EXIT DIABLO III button

Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone at bliz will read this or even if I'm in the right section of the forum to do this but here's some feedback about some stuff I feel should be changed, and probably a lot of you will feel the same. Now, these are just minor details, but I feel could make the game experience better overall still.

First off, pickup radius. Have any of you experienced running over a stack of gold 3 times before picking it up? I believe DEFAULT pickup radius should be higher to prevent this from happening to players who desire to pickup gold. Now I know making money is more about loot then the actual gold you find on the ground, but it just feels wrong to have to walk over the same stack several times to pick it up. Why not just make it the same then health globes?

Now, about the EXIT DIABLO III. This menu button lies RIGHT UNDER the "LEAVE GAME" one, and very often have I pressed EXIT instead of leave game. Now this just shuts down diablo, and I have to relog over again everytime. I'm asking blizzard: Why in the hell is there no prompt window on a EXIT button. This is just a basic feature that would prevent sloppy fingers from quitting the game everytime they want to leave a game. I realy hope this could be fixed, for the sake of my slow loading computer, and all others like me out there.
"DO YOU REALY WANT TO LEAVE DIABLO III, YES / NO"
please??!?

EDIT: adding a prompt would also prevent losing nephalem stacks when you are in a party.
Edited by BruceLee#1275 on 11/29/2012 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
yea exit game !@#$ is dumbbbbbbbbbbbb
Reply Quote
+1

lvl 60 and 40 levels deep into paragon I should not have to walk over a stack of gold multiple times to get it to pick up. They seriously need to give a native buff to pick up radius.

Even +2 to radius would be a HUGE help.

big props to you for bringing this issue to the forums.

Here's hoping the AH and pay2win trolls don't bury it before blizz reads it.
Edited by LausDeo on 11/29/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you for supporting my ideas, I hope blizzard pays attention to it.
minor details but easy fixes.
Reply Quote
I also think plvl should add some pickup I cant tell you how many times i walk right over a stack even health globes at times
Reply Quote

First off, pickup radius. Have any of you experienced running over a stack of gold 3 times before picking it up? I believe DEFAULT pickup radius should be higher to prevent this from happening to players who desire to pickup gold. Now I know making money is more about loot then the actual gold you find on the ground, but it just feels wrong to have to walk over the same stack several times to pick it up. Why not just make it the same then health globes?

-1000 ... that's a NO, I don't want a pick up radius! it would annoy the !@#$ out of me, and if you are really walking over a pile of gold 3 times that's worth 5k max then you should get your head examined cuz you definitely have a tumor
Reply Quote
I clearly specified "players who desire to pickup gold" and also I don't have a tumour, I just can't help it, when i see 3k+ stacks I feel like I have to pick them up, if you think I'm stupid or noob, fine, but you're realy missing the point here. Go hate somewhere else please.
Reply Quote
+1 for walking over a pile of gold 3 times lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Ah no, i don't want another prompt asking me if i want to exit when i press exit, that's dumb. You use the term "fixed" which implies its broken, it's not.
Reply Quote
You're right, it's not broken, just lacking. Pretty much every single game I ever played has or had such confirmation windows to prevent unwanted exits.
Reply Quote
I agree that there should be a default pick up radius of 2+.

To balance this out skills that rely on pick up radius would then have to be diminished by whatever the default is.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've thought the same about the pick-up radius many times. The baseline radius should be a bit bigger.

As for the other issue... i've never had this problem, so.... i don't agree or disagree. It doesn't affect me.
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for your comments.

Keep em coming.
Reply Quote
I've thought the same about the pick-up radius many times. The baseline radius should be a bit bigger.

As for the other issue... i've never had this problem, so.... i don't agree or disagree. It doesn't affect me.

Yeah I think the pick-up radius is slightly irritating as well. Even a minor adjustment would help, hate wasting small amounts of gold because the first 3 walk over's didn't grab it and its a small amount so you just give up and continue on.
Reply Quote
People are to stupid to think that 1-2 radius by default is a good thing. Yeah, let's not fix something that is broken and say you are just finding something to complain about! Oh right, get some radius on your gear if you want to fix that.. Which I ended up doing and it hurts a bit as far as having that piece of gear actually be good.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 11/30/2012 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Exit diablo 3 should require confirmation
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:12 AMPosted by ISmkPotatoes
Oh right, get some radius on your gear if you want to fix that..

I agree with OP. Default pickup radius IS broken. The goal of this affix in my opinion was not primarily for picking up gold in the first run-over.

Melee wouldn't know this, but as a range character more often than not you kill stuff from afar (not now since blizz is pushing for tank builds with added MP, but that's another topic) and healthglobes (HG) drop close to dying mobs, so you have to rely on your skills/potions to keep your health up and just grab the HG after the dust settles. With added pickup radius you can heal yourself mid-battle and of course so you could pickup HG and gold behind you when you are slicing through a pack of mobs.

Never had the "Exit game prompt" problem, but only after reading this I found out they actually don't have prompt. First game like that that I know of. Should be improved.
Reply Quote
Reading is hard. Just click and hope forthe best.
Reply Quote
man this was discussed in beta, I fully 1000% sure you can use items with pick up radius. Simple as that. Now because gold and health globs are linked, it gets rid of the safe guard that a health globe is close by, because you pretty much automatically pick it up and you cannot deside what time is the best to use the health globe the game desides for you. Now if you want the luxury of piking up gold easier you should use the gear for it, thats why it exists. So for sakes of all of humanity this thread is stupid.

the exit butten means exit diablo 3, and leave game, means well leave game. And if you messed up once thats enough to know what it means.

Also for gold pick up, you are lucky you have the walk over and pick it up function, because in D2 you had to click every piece of gold.
11/30/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Sin
Oh right, get some radius on your gear if you want to fix that..

I agree with OP. Default pickup radius IS broken. The goal of this affix in my opinion was not primarily for picking up gold in the first run-over.

Melee wouldn't know this, but as a range character more often than not you kill stuff from afar (not now since blizz is pushing for tank builds with added MP, but that's another topic) and healthglobes (HG) drop close to dying mobs, so you have to rely on your skills/potions to keep your health up and just grab the HG after the dust settles. With added pickup radius you can heal yourself mid-battle and of course so you could pickup HG and gold behind you when you are slicing through a pack of mobs.

Never had the "Exit game prompt" problem, but only after reading this I found out they actually don't have prompt. First game like that that I know of. Should be improved.
if you have a problem, use the gear, with said stat. And every one knows there needs to be even more affixes that are improtant, and you want to get rid of one basically. if they add any defalt pick up radius im going to probably enjoy the game less.

oh and by the way im a WD main
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 11/30/2012 1:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
pickup radius isnt as bad, you start out gimped and can get more by getting stats - same as DPS or armor really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]