Diablo® III

Pickup radius and EXIT DIABLO III button

My point is that you can sometimes walk right over a stack without actualy picking it up, several times, as in LITERALY walk OVER IT, and it doesnt pickup. This issue does not occur with health globes even with 0 radius bonus. Why not just make gold as easy to pickup as globes.

And for the exit button, WOW people please read more carefully. It just happens that people hit the button by ACCIDENT and exit the game by ACCIDENT without any confirmation to prevent that. That's just basic game menu design, implemented in almost every game ever created.
Edited by BruceLee#1275 on 11/30/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Agreed. Pickup radius should be, at default, {--} That much bigger. That's it. Just a tiny bit.
Reply Quote
Thing of the Deep + Fleeting Shrine and I can pick up Gold from 3 screens away.

Not sure about the Exit Button issue. Never ran into any problems.
Reply Quote
1) Pickup Radius. Its fine how it is at moment. When buying gear you should always have at least 5yards pickup when buying it. Not be given it on a silver platter :) Bliz will not change this, it would effect alot of WD skills as we use pickup radius :) learn2play and learn2gear. Going just ballz-to-the-wall on DPS and reses and forgetting pickup? silly.

2) Fat fingers much? click properly next time. Also its fine how it is at moment. Its very handy for HC players as it is.
Edited by skitzflik#1694 on 11/30/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
seriously guys, stop being so damn cheap and spring for pickup radius on a piece of gear or two. problem solved.
wow that was hard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/30/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Seaboots
you start out gimped and can get more by getting stats
Said stats could be put to better use if the base radius was a bit better. Doesn't need to be 5 yards, but the way it is is a bit too small. Just a bit.
Reply Quote
i dont agree with the complaint, because you can put pick up radius on alotta gear but at the same time i have chars with no pick up radius and even though i dont mind the way it is i feel a natural +1 or +2 more on pick up range wouldnt hurt any one and help those who could use it.

but i do fully agree with moving the exit game tab in options or something.
Edited by koez#1816 on 11/30/2012 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:12 AMPosted by Seaboots
Exit diablo 3 should require confirmation

so even if you exit on accident... take a break, move your !@# out of the chair... hell, leave the room.. i dare you to go outside..there is like another world out there...
Reply Quote
the exit button always gives me a little window that says exit now or cancel when i'm actually playing on a toon. are you just talking about the exit button outside the actual game?
i have had a few instances where for whatever reason i have to keep running gold over for it to register a pick up, but those for me are few and far between
Edited by Satanspawn#1107 on 11/30/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Never had an issue with the "leave game" or "exit diablo 3" buttons.
Reply Quote
My first idea was not that great, i'll give you guys that. Increasing the default range would make it too easy for health globes and such, probably making "thing of the deep" and such items look much less usefull.

Why not just make the gold easier to pickup by increasing the gold's pickup surface instead.
that would work?
Reply Quote
The fact you guys think that radius is going to help you accumulate a good amount of money is amazing.
Thoughts like this are why you are failing at the game.
Reply Quote
The problem with adding the features that op talks about is that it would hinder some players. Some players like the pickup radius how it is now because they can pick up health globes more strategically. And some players when they press exit, they really wanna exit....I know go figure.
Reply Quote
I agree, there is something wrong with the default pick up radius for gold, and it needs to be fixed. They don't need to make any huge change to it, just increase the radius a tiny bit. This wouldn't really affect pickup radius on gear that much.
Reply Quote
i accidentally click tht exit sh*t a few times instead of a reset game
Reply Quote
Agree there should be 2-3 default pick up radius to compensate bugs. But that's it.
Reply Quote
I've fallen to the Exit Diablo III boss about 20 times. I hate it.
Reply Quote
The fact you guys think that radius is going to help you accumulate a good amount of money is amazing.
Thoughts like this are why you are failing at the game.

The fact that you think this is what the post is about, making money, proves that you did not read or understood correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]