Diablo® III

Seeking help for Permanent Archon Wizard

I'm looking to have a perm archon wiz build. I have a budget of around 200m(450ish total) allocated for it. Will this be enough if I want to have around 140k unbuffed dps? What are some stat/build that I should be looking at? I'm a barb player and looking to play as a wiz very soon. I'm looking for some input and advice from a pro perm archon wiz player. My goal is to have my wiz facerolling mp1 a3....pls advise.....any input is appreciated....
Reply Quote
For Archon you want:

24 MS and then as much CC/CD and INT that you can get. Your goal is only to boost your sheet DPS as high as possible. If you can get RA/Armor it's a bonus.

Also you want to get a 1h weapon with black damage and LS and a good Trium (yours is a bit low in average damage). That will boost our DPS a lot.

I built my archon with about 100mil and i can do MP3 without any problem. You shouldn't have a problem getting higher stats with 200mil.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot! I will use your character as a guide.
Reply Quote
U Can use my wiz as a guide too, I don't have my tal source on but with it and my Slorak with green gem which is also not on at the moment
, I get 400% crit dmg, and with passive mana regen on, and tal set bonus, 4per sec mana regen so I can fire stacks of arcane balls which crit between 250-400kdps lol.

I can say my total spend on all these pieces don't exceed 50mil so u got plenty. With 250mil u can afford trifecta amulets, rings. and gloves like mine but with intel or all ress added too. I wish I had 400mil lol, I would do the same lol.
Edited by LorDLaW#6270 on 11/30/2012 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't want to pull a used car salesman here buuuuuut ... I am selling a gear set for 350m that has exactly what you want. Add me in game if you are interested.
Reply Quote
Thank you LordLaw! I added your profile as a guide. I should hit p100 with my barb this weekend and then off to my first toon of d3-----THE WIZ!!!

Thoreck, I saw your post and I was tempted but it's best that I experiment it myself. I only want to spend 200m.
Reply Quote
nice barb :P
Reply Quote
Just levelled by wiz this week and I've been swapping to archon for low MP speed runs too and have a few questions:

1. Why triumvirate? Arent there other sources out there that would boost dps more?

2. Azliet/Lordlaw - I've been told to take storm armor w scramble for the move speed to get from pack to pack faster but neither have taken it - yes/no?

3. Zunimassa vs Tal's chest - took a long time to decide which was better but went with Tal's for when I'm CM/WW. However for archon if you want max dps wouldn't you take Tal's too?

4. Archon rune - I've been taking teleport since it helps me move around faster too and still sometimes archon runs out, yet neither have you take it. Why the other archon modes & how do u keep it up?

5. I've chosen to get move speed from ring & bracer slot but both of you took boot/bracer. Is that more optimal? I feel like I need the HP boost from ice climbers so I don't die :/

6. Lifesteal - I swapped to a 2.8% LS wand before and still took damage from reflect elites and couldnt understand how to stay up... Also had ~350 life on hit from storm crow and still went down. Went back to my higher dps wand in profile now though. What's wrong? :( My AR is all over 500 too

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Just levelled by wiz this week and I've been swapping to archon for low MP speed runs too and have a few questions:

1. Why triumvirate? Arent there other sources out there that would boost dps more?

2. Azliet/Lordlaw - I've been told to take storm armor w scramble for the move speed to get from pack to pack faster but neither have taken it - yes/no?

3. Zunimassa vs Tal's chest - took a long time to decide which was better but went with Tal's for when I'm CM/WW. However for archon if you want max dps wouldn't you take Tal's too?

4. Archon rune - I've been taking teleport since it helps me move around faster too and still sometimes archon runs out, yet neither have you take it. Why the other archon modes & how do u keep it up?

5. I've chosen to get move speed from ring & bracer slot but both of you took boot/bracer. Is that more optimal? I feel like I need the HP boost from ice climbers so I don't die :/

6. Lifesteal - I swapped to a 2.8% LS wand before and still took damage from reflect elites and couldnt understand how to stay up... Also had ~350 life on hit from storm crow and still went down. Went back to my higher dps wand in profile now though. What's wrong? :( My AR is all over 500 too

Thanks!

1- the %elemental damage makes a huge difference when paired with a black weapon. For example: If I remove my Trium, I lose 70k DPS. a good Tal source only boost me by about 30k-40k.

2- I tried to use Scramble but found that the buff would either run out before I could really make use of it (I barely get hit as all the mobs are dead) or I'd be intentionally trying to get hit and that it was actually slowing me down. I also like thunderstorm since it 1 shots pretty much all mobs.

3-Both are good. Tal will give you more DPS but Zuni is very good when paired with the boots for the added Int. In this case it's a matter of preference (or luck since I found my Zuni boots I went for the chest)

4- Teleport helps a lot, I often switch between improved archon and teleport. I just don't like the corner / item glitch it has. You sometime get stuck on things that you should really just teleport over.

5- as long as you get 24% MS without affecting your DPS/EHP too much, how you get it is really up to you. Some go for pants/boots, pant/bracer, boots/bracer.. etc there are many ways to do this. It's up to you to find what would be best for you. Just remember that if you upgrade your DPS but lose the MS, you really want to find a replacement piece for that 12%MS. In my case I had bought a rare bracer that boosted my DPS by 10k but couldn't change my pants without totally destroying my EHP so I decided to stay with Lacuni.

6- RD are not easy. Best trick is to NEVER hit all 3 a the same time since you will be getting 3X the RD. Try to hit only 1. Also, use blood magic instead of force weapon to help you get more LS. You can also kite the RD mobs to a pack of white trash. That way you can leech off the white while killing the RD.

Just checked your profile: for the RD mobs, you would be better to not use Glass cannon. It reduces your armor and RA. This makes you more vulnerable.

Also, by taking that 12% MS on your ring, you reduced your max CD/IAS potential since that ring only rolled 4.5CC and no CD or IAS which are big DPS increase. It also didn't roll any Int to help you. Since rings are a great source of sheet DPS, you could look for similar Zuni boots. You might lose a bit in EHP but the increase in DPS will only help you kill before getting killed.

We have similar defensive stats so you should be able to survive RD mobs with the little tweaks.
Edited by Azliet#1154 on 11/30/2012 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you look at my profile I do the perma archon build, I can get through most zones with perma archon and only 12% ms at mp1 no problems. I have 110k buffed dps, wish I had some life on hit, but I don't at the moment without sacrificing a lot of dps.

I can perma act 3 as archon except for a couple zones/areas that require a lot of running.
Reply Quote
nice Wiz :P
Reply Quote
Thank you everyone for all the input and guides. I guess I could have searched but it's best to ask for specific questions and have expert answering the questions here. :D
Reply Quote
It took me a while to research what I wanted to aim for, it's real good so u don't spend millions in waste but it will always give u the experience to know what works best for u.
To combat reflect dmg I recently bought a cheap 500k axe 900dps, 2.8steal+1.5forcearmour steal I have and the weapon had 850loh. I still was affected by reflect, but no where near as much as before.

Total 1k life regen, and with my ring and rune a 30kdps hit gives me 2300life per sec.

Problem is I lost almost 20kdps and atk speed slowed a lot. So I swap on the fly when I see reflect packs.
Permanent arcane is archon mode permanently yea?, if so I've tried it, real cool getting through bunker and stonefort with, problem is I can't help but pick up all rares,gems,books and potions I see lol.
Reply Quote
At the risk of getting flamed and for what it's worth, my wiz gear (more for CM/WW) costs under 2mil and he absolutely tears through mp1 in sustained archon. So 200mil and 140k dps should let you faceroll higher mp (3 or 4?).
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Skourge
At the risk of getting flamed and for what it's worth, my wiz gear (more for CM/WW) costs under 2mil and he absolutely tears through mp1 in sustained archon. So 200mil and 140k dps should let you faceroll higher mp (3 or 4?).

Did you just start archon last night? plvl 9 and you rip mp1 huh? try mp0 man trust me. you'll level a lot faster.

I play mp2. 245k dps, mp2. 272k dps with pinpoint/force weapon. Mp3 and I start running around as a mortal from time to time, slows me down drastically.

btw op ive paid a little over 230m so far for my gears(not including gems, or the belt since i found that). I do troll the ah for hours to get good deals though. (also my gear is not correctly updated atm, got some new viles w/ 253 intel and 86 vit.)
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 11/30/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
SOme1 had posted the amount of dps needed for certain mp. Maybe u can try to search that up or some1 could link u that post.
At about 260k dps, i perfer to do mp3-4.
At mp6 and higher, i will need to switch cm gears to reset archon with WW almost after every group of elites. And time taken to kill trash mobs are too long, tend to lose archon very often too. EVen if i can reset archon in a few sec, i find not worth the time to farm at high mp.
U need to choose a suitable mp(depend on yr dps) that u can almost instant kill trash mobs and kill elite fast enough to maintain perm archon.
Reply Quote
SOme1 had posted the amount of dps needed for certain mp. Maybe u can try to search that up or some1 could link u that post.
At about 260k dps, i perfer to do mp3-4.
At mp6 and higher, i will need to switch cm gears to reset archon with WW almost after every group of elites. And time taken to kill trash mobs are too long, tend to lose archon very often too. EVen if i can reset archon in a few sec, i find not worth the time to farm at high mp.
U need to choose a suitable mp(depend on yr dps) that u can almost instant kill trash mobs and kill elite fast enough to maintain perm archon.

260k dps mp3-4, is that with improved archon or teleport?
Reply Quote
Here's the Archon DPS breakpoint chart for MP levels: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934366087

I'm at 290k DPS, and I still prefer to run MP 4 with Archon Teleport.
Reply Quote
im at 387k dps and only thing that hurts me is reflect dmg.
Reply Quote
With improved.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]