Diablo® III

Key drop rate blue confirm this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724
"Players will be able to encounter the Keywardens in any difficulty, but only in Inferno and with a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor will they have a chance to drop pieces of the Infernal Machine. While Monster Power is not required, each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%, all the way up to a guaranteed 100% drop chance at Monster Power 10."

I thought the key drop rate is
mp0 = 5%
mp1 = 15% (5% + 10%)
mp2 = 25% (5% + 10% + 10%)
mp3 = 35%
mp4 = 45%
mp5 = 55%
mp6 = 65%
mp7 = 75%
mp8 = 85%
mp9 = 95%
mp10 = 100%

But on diablo forum, d2jsp forum, and etc people are saying the drop rates are
mp0 = 5%
mp1 = 10%
mp2 = 20%
mp3 = 30%
mp4 = 40%
mp5 = 50%
mp6 = 60%
mp7 = 70%
mp8 = 80%
mp9 = 90%
mp10 = 100%

I farm mp1 and the key drop rate seems to be 10%....

blue plz confirm this
Edited by Kerrigan#1606 on 11/30/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
it is 10%
Reply Quote
its 5 for 0 and 10 times whatever MP setting for when you use MP
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Harmony
it is 10%

"each level will increase the drop rate of both the keys and the plans by 10%"
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As other players have noted, the drop rate of keys and the plans is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.
Reply Quote
We're still talking about this?
Reply Quote
lol I knew this and I still havn't even found a key.. -.-
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.
Reply Quote
you need 5NV stacks, or it wont drop...
Edited by freddykruegr#1244 on 11/30/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
what do you think I have had everytime? check my profile, check how many elites and mobs I killed.
Oh this is the USA section, sorry, my profile is messed up here - thats not mine heroes! check the EU section!
Edited by bumbibjorn#2487 on 11/30/2012 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 46 times . . .
Reply Quote
Thats not my profile, check the EU section- there is my real account

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bumbibjorn-2487/

here it is, Blizz can you please check my information to see that im not lying? that I have never gotten a key.

26.000 elite kills and look at my crappy lame !@# gear, with no key drops O_o
Edited by bumbibjorn#2487 on 11/30/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
BS!

If this is true, which I have my serious doubts.....your acct is bugged. I've found about 20ish keys on 50ish runs on MP3-5
Reply Quote
Once again, Blizz can probably check my profile. See if I ever Regged a key. I havnt.
Reply Quote

here it is, Blizz can you please check my information to see that im not lying? that I have never gotten a key.

There's less than a 1/1000000 (as in, 1 in 1 billion) chance of 46 key runs at MP3 and no key. You're doing something wrong. Get 5 stacks of NV on inferno, then kill the keywarden while you still have the stacks.
Reply Quote

If you really did 46 runs thats an impressive streak. My personal best was 15 runs on mp3,3 on mp5,1 on mp7 for a total of 19 runs no key. (i found 4 in a row right after that)
Reply Quote

There's less than a 1/1000000 (as in, 1 in 1 billion) chance of 46 key runs at MP3 and no key. You're doing something wrong. Get 5 stacks of NV on inferno, then kill the keywarden while you still have the stacks.

Also, in before "you have to do it on inferno????!!!"
Reply Quote
Are you f'ing with me? You don't think I get 5 stacks of NV everytime?
Reply Quote
how is it that yesterday I farmed the act 3 key all day long at MP 2 and never seen it drop.and 1 more question just wondering if there are any other classes out there other than WW barbs that have 100 paragon already I got about 400 hrs invested and am only at mp 20.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:59 PMPosted by onebadmuther
how is it that yesterday I farmed the act 3 key all day long at MP 2 and never seen it drop.and 1 more question just wondering if there are any other classes out there other than WW barbs that have 100 paragon already I got about 400 hrs invested and am only at mp 20.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/
loads. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]