Diablo® III

Key drop rate blue confirm this

11/30/2012 06:59 PMPosted by onebadmuther
how is it that yesterday I farmed the act 3 key all day long at MP 2 and never seen it drop.and 1 more question just wondering if there are any other classes out there other than WW barbs that have 100 paragon already I got about 400 hrs invested and am only at mp 20.

You need to up the monster power as high as possible if you r hunting keys.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Benzyne
There's less than a 1/1000000 (as in, 1 in 1 billion) chance of 46 key runs at MP3 and no key. You're doing something wrong. Get 5 stacks of NV on inferno, then kill the keywarden while you still have the stacks.

Congrats OP on getting the 1 in a billion.
Reply Quote
i play mp1-5 and it doesnt really matter which mp im on i ussually get a key drop about every 1 out of 3 runs

But i also only do 1 or 2 runs a day
Edited by TJS#1734 on 11/30/2012 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:57 PMPosted by bumbibjorn
Once again, Blizz can probably check my profile. See if I ever Regged a key. I havnt.

Lol at your gear and lol at your stupid posts. Keep in mind you have to be in inferno for it to drop the keys. Your probably still farming in hell by the looks of it. haha
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:59 PMPosted by onebadmuther
how is it that yesterday I farmed the act 3 key all day long at MP 2 and never seen it drop.and 1 more question just wondering if there are any other classes out there other than WW barbs that have 100 paragon already I got about 400 hrs invested and am only at mp 20.

... LOL!

You're doing something wrong. Wait, no... You're definitely doing EVERYTHING wrong.

400 hours and you're paragon 20? I've got 125 hours on my WD and I'm PARAGON 55... I also have the same amount of elite kills, in 1/4th the hours played.

Farming MP2, and you seriously expect to get key drops? I wouldn't even CONSIDER doing key runs under MP8... Even if you are under geared, its not like MP5-6 is unbearably difficult. These days, it costs like 500k gold to gear ANY class to be able to handle MP5-6... Farming on MP2 for keys is simply nonsense, and a total waste of time.

You need to learn how to farm efficiently before you come to the forums complaining about drops rates, or ANYTHING else for that matter... because you clearly are simply not doing it right. I'm not even trying to be elitist... just telling it how it is.
Edited by PR4Y#1891 on 11/30/2012 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

Highly doubt it. I play on MP3 and I have less than 30 runs and I have 4 Infernal Machines and 2 D keys and 1 each H and T keys. I know what your saying is not technically impossible but HIGHLY unlikely.

BTW 3 runs of Act 4 on MP2 to get the Infernal Machine plans.
Reply Quote
Random numbers can be killer. I actually have a fair number of keys. No luck so far on getting the plans though. Eventually, even on MP0 they should drop, and in the mean time, just working along on my paragon levels. Shrug.
Reply Quote
Thats not my profile, check the EU section- there is my real account

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bumbibjorn-2487/

here it is, Blizz can you please check my information to see that im not lying? that I have never gotten a key.

26.000 elite kills and look at my crappy lame !@# gear, with no key drops O_o

There's less than a 1/1000000 (as in, 1 in 1 billion) chance of 46 key runs at MP3 and no key. You're doing something wrong. Get 5 stacks of NV on inferno, then kill the keywarden while you still have the stacks.

1/1000000 is 1 in 1 million; but yeah the dude's probably been doing runs in Normal, lol.
Edited by Rowechelon#1918 on 11/30/2012 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
mp1 = 15% (5% + 10%)
mp2 = 25% (5% + 10% + 10%)

I have no idea where in the world did people get this info. from. It's just a lame myth.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As other players have noted, the drop rate of keys and the plans is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

Thanks you for confirmation. Now I won't feel I have very bad luck everytime I don't see key from keywarden.
Reply Quote
what do you think I have had everytime? check my profile, check how many elites and mobs I killed.
Oh this is the USA section, sorry, my profile is messed up here - thats not mine heroes! check the EU section!

just saying but your gear makes it look as if you use 1. a main account, the link you posted, 2. a botting account, This 1 that comes up. botting is against the TOS and you should be banned.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As other players have noted, the drop rate of keys and the plans is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

ok this made me rage

how many times has a blue answered this

how many countless other threads with TONS and TONS of constructive feedback begging for a response and what do you do, Respond to this.... something that i've seen a blue answer at least 4 other times. wow just wow
Reply Quote
Been running at MP1 I think maybe 15 runs total and have 4 keys. Just luck I guess?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 11:19 PMPosted by MKRaven
Been running at MP1 I think maybe 15 runs total and have 4 keys. Just luck I guess?

lucky. you bested the odds.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Jook

ok this made me rage

how many countless other threads with TONS and TONS of constructive feedback begging for a response and what do you do, Respond to this.... something that i've seen a blue answer at least 4 other times. wow just wow
That's why "blues" shouldn't respond at all to threads requesting a "blue" response. It simply breeds bad forum behavior like the OP. Suddenly, everyone posts "blue plz respond" for things that have either already stated or don't need to be stated.

But I suppose it's the mob mentality at this point. Everyone wants to pray to a "blue" to get a personalized answer in their lives.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Jook

ok this made me rage

Maybe blues aren't allowed to freely answer or don't have the answer to every question or query posted on this forum?
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 46 times . . .

... you can't get fooled again. It's a... Tennessee thing. In Texas.
Reply Quote
If you flip a coin it has a 50% chance of landing on one side. Flip it again and its still a 50% chance of landing on that same side, the previous flip does not count. If you flip the coin thousand's of times you will find that you get a run of it landing on the same side many times in a row despite the 50% chance.

I have seen runs of 20+ of the coin landing on the same side (computer simulated) while learning about something called "standard deviation", so if I don't get a key at MP 5 several times in a row i don't put my tin foil hat on. Some math wizard can correct me if I am wrong but the lower the % chance, the longer the run of not getting the key is (higher standard deviation).

If the keys aren't dropping on the MP your playing the organs probably wont drop either.

This is unlucky but not surprising at all.
Edited by sedITion#2530 on 12/1/2012 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]