Diablo® III

Key drop rate blue confirm this

how is it that yesterday I farmed the act 3 key all day long at MP 2 and never seen it drop.and 1 more question just wondering if there are any other classes out there other than WW barbs that have 100 paragon already I got about 400 hrs invested and am only at mp 20.

... LOL!

You're doing something wrong. Wait, no... You're definitely doing EVERYTHING wrong.

400 hours and you're paragon 20? I've got 125 hours on my WD and I'm PARAGON 55... I also have the same amount of elite kills, in 1/4th the hours played.

Farming MP2, and you seriously expect to get key drops? I wouldn't even CONSIDER doing key runs under MP8... Even if you are under geared, its not like MP5-6 is unbearably difficult. These days, it costs like 500k gold to gear ANY class to be able to handle MP5-6... Farming on MP2 for keys is simply nonsense, and a total waste of time.

You need to learn how to farm efficiently before you come to the forums complaining about drops rates, or ANYTHING else for that matter... because you clearly are simply not doing it right. I'm not even trying to be elitist... just telling it how it is.

The elitism is strong in this one. 500k, riiight.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 12/1/2012 1:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

I have calculated that the chance of this happening is 0.7^46, which is approximately 0.000000749% chance. Fun fact: This means that the chance of this not happening is higher than what is required to announce a scientific discovery which requires a 5 sigma.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Mentallic

ok this made me rage

how many times has a blue answered this

how many countless other threads with TONS and TONS of constructive feedback begging for a response and what do you do, Respond to this.... something that i've seen a blue answer at least 4 other times. wow just wow

Maybe blues aren't allowed to freely answer or don't have the answer to every question or query posted on this forum?

what is this? a person of atleast average intelligence on these fora
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 06:59 PMPosted by bumbibjorn
Are you f'ing with me? You don't think I get 5 stacks of NV everytime?

46 times lol , almost 20,000 elite kills, . not possible . trying doing it in inferno for better luck
Edited by Chimera#1881 on 12/1/2012 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
it is very very possible i did act 1 mp5 5stack 36 times before i got a key to drop was very very frustrating. Yet while doing mp 1 xp farming for hell of it killing warden in act 3 had key drop more offeten then i do when i actually farm for it act 1 seems broken i reg. go 10 runs or more on mp5 no key
Reply Quote
To the guy who accused me of botting, yes My account got hacked and someone put a bot on it, that !@#$er also removed all my gear.
Blizz can check my ticket when I called for help because of someone hacked my account + botted on it.
That disgusting botter also but an authenticator on my account so I couldnt log in.
Luckily after 1 week blizz managed to restore my account- I lost all my gear in the process but atleast I got my account back - rememer when he hacked my account I couldnt play starcraft2 or wow either.

With that said, the community is awesome, players like "winja" gave me 1 million and 5 gear pices and helped me farm for a week.
Diablo3 community has some of the greatest players!
Edited by bumbibjorn#2487 on 12/1/2012 4:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Keys drop like every 2nd or 3rd encounter for me with a MF 230ish equipment on so about 310ish with NV stack on MP2 setting.
Reply Quote
"1/1000000 is 1 in 1 million; but yeah the dude's probably been doing runs in Normal, lol."

Better be glad he did not mess up how many zeros he had without commas/spaces/periods like that when selling something of high value... he would then be in here complaining about we need commas/spaces/dots in the trade window! Kids these days!
Reply Quote
you guys are funny.. XD i'm running MP3 only and the key drops all the time in Act 1 and 3. My bad luck is in Act 2, i have 10 runs (MP3) and i only got 3 keys. #noobwhinesallthetime!
Reply Quote
Yes blues, please confirm the things you've already confirmed over and over again. Because now I'm upset and special and need to hear you say it yet again.
Reply Quote
By the way, those who are soooo uniformed in the ways of odds/randomness...Go study the "Degree of Certainty"

It is a real scientific principle. Educate yourself and stop sounding like 20 year olds.
Reply Quote
I have found that at monster power 7, I have a 30% chance of not getting a key. :(
Reply Quote
Dude, with that Hero name you should not be surprised that nothing good comes out of your character ;)
Reply Quote
To me it feels like a game can get "stuck" in a rut where you can't find keys. I typically farm at MP5 or 6 and on average it does seem like I'm getting a key 50 to 60% of the time. I have run into a few streaks where I've done 8 or 9 runs in a row without getting a key. To me what seems to quickly break that streak is to select a different act and start looking for keys there.

Changing out the game settings to another act has always gotten me out of those little streaks and back to finding keys at a 50 to 60% rate. I've never taken a bad streak past 8 or 9 keyless runs. It'd be interesting to see if they would keep going if I didn't make any setting changes.
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

Its a 30% chance everytime you kill him.. it doesn't keep track on how many times you have killed him.
Reply Quote
You can believe it or not, but I was farming Act2 on MP1 yesterday and I got a legendary and a key drop. lol

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5990/act2mp1farmingkeydrop.png

the 1160 Skorn with +300 dex and socket was salvaged, but I wasn't expecting a key drop. =D
Edited by DirTyDeeDs#1430 on 12/1/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can believe it or not, but I was farming Act2 on MP1 yesterday and I got a legendary and a key drop. lol

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5990/act2mp1farmingkeydrop.png

the 1160 Skorn with +300 dex and socket was salvaged, but I wasn't expecting a key drop. =D

I've had that happen 4 times now, always in Act 3 for me
Reply Quote
Bumbijorn:
Gold farmer, hey, just so ya know, it's a statistic, not a guarantee. I seriously doubt you're farming keys in inferno with your gold farming gear in MP3.
What the mod said has been consistent. I do not do runs less than MP6, and it's safe to say I can miss 2 runs and hit on the third fourth and fifth, 60% or 3 out of 5 for those who can't do math.
for MP 3, it's a crap shoot. because it's a 3/10 chance, hitting that 7/10 is higher than the 3/10~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]