Diablo® III

Key drop rate blue confirm this

11/30/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As other players have noted, the drop rate of keys and the plans is 5% on MP0, 10% on MP1, and 20% on MP2, all the way up through a 100% drop rate on MP10.

Please add - Must have a 5 stack of Valor before killing Key Warden for these percentages to be correct. Otherwise, spot on... ;-)
Reply Quote
Some here will tell you that if you roll heads the first 50 times, then the next 50 should be tails +/-5%. (assuming you stay on the same coin flipping server)
Reply Quote
I'm assuming that the 5-100% is a flat amount that cannot be influenced by our MF in order to increase it up to a max of 100% chance?

for example, if we're on MP3 (30% chance for key to drop if in Inf with 5 stacks) and our MF is 200%, it's still going to be just the flat 30% chance for the key to drop?
Reply Quote
Like 100 thousands said.. inferno no MP = 5%
MP1 10%
MP2 20%
etc
etc
just add a "0" after your MP lvl

5NV stacks is needed for key to drop

As far as i know, MF do not influence on key or parts from ubers. (Pls BLUEPOST me if im wrong)

Was actually just comenting on the 46 runs no key early in the tread. If thats right, dont bother to think of lottery :)

Im farming a2 with my WD.. MP2 and i get all the key's i need.. its slow cause he is crappy geared, but it works.. it is times i dont get a key for 5 runs. but still i gain some xp for his para lvls and the farming goes faster for each week :)

a1 i get usually all needed when building stacks for ubers mp8 to 10

a3 is raining key's.. most runs i do i run past the warden (MP2-3) before leaving game. ((last days i did 7 to 10 runs ala Alkaizer on mp0 and got 1 key from those (9 or 10 legends or should i say 9 brimstones and a uppgrade for my barb). Pretty booring route btw))
Reply Quote
BS!
I've been tracking my record so far, I done 46 runs against keyward and no drop so far on MP3.

your telling me I've 30% drop chance and missed it 46 times? Come on blizz, don't lie to us.

Sorry mate, I'm not sure they are lying. I just scored the Key or Terror in act 3 Inferno with no monster power.
The chance to roll it under those circustances is incredibly small but there it was. You just seem to be having some really bad luck. Keep at it amigo, i'm sure ti will drop for you soon.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Spikemaul
I just finished my 40th key run and still no key.......BLIZZARD fix this !@#$. And yes I have 5stacks on Inferno.

Your trolling or you need someone to help you figure out what you are doing wrong. Today 4 runs in Act 3 and I got 1 key. I have never gone more than 6 runs without a key on MP3.

Don't forget keys are brown and glow this big bright light straight to the heavens, I can see you might miss that. The odds of what you are saying are about as much likely as you geting hit by lightening while playing Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
I am a DH who fams MP 5-8. I usually settle on MP 7 runs. I usually have no problem finding a key each run or every other run. But seeming how as though I farmed 3 MP7 runs yesterday, and just did 2 MP7 runs just now and 3 MP6 runs and din't get one key...leads me to believe blizzard took drop rates down or even has less odds on certain servers, I dunno but blizzard sure does know how to mkae a guy want to blow his brains out with his manticore.

Heres the kicker. i decided "hey Ill do a MP8 run"...right when I was about to drop the warden...the game freezes. Good job on the awesome game blizzard....

Get your TINFOIL hats out and believe they changed something. Secondly the game freezing may or may not have anything to do with a Blizzard server. My computer froze while I was watching a video of my son testing for Taekwondo. I am technically minded and I can't explain what happened. Should I blame my son or maybe blame Window's Media player?

COME ON MAN!!
Reply Quote
I am a DH who fams MP 5-8. I usually settle on MP 7 runs. I usually have no problem finding a key each run or every other run. But seeming how as though I farmed 3 MP7 runs yesterday, and just did 2 MP7 runs just now and 3 MP6 runs and din't get one key...leads me to believe blizzard took drop rates down or even has less odds on certain servers, I dunno but blizzard sure does know how to mkae a guy want to blow his brains out with his manticore.

Heres the kicker. i decided "hey Ill do a MP8 run"...right when I was about to drop the warden...the game freezes. Good job on the awesome game blizzard....

Get your TINFOIL hats out and believe they changed something. Secondly the game freezing may or may not have anything to do with a Blizzard server. My computer froze while I was watching a video of my son testing for Taekwondo. I am technically minded and I can't explain what happened. Should I blame my son or maybe blame Window's Media player?

COME ON MAN!!

Sample Size? It better be over 1000 key runs to even be close to being accurate.
A sample size of 100 runs is more then accurate. if you are running MP4, you then should get 40 keys or close to 40 keys out of 100 runs. If that is not the case then Blizzard has some tweaking to do. It could be anywhere from 35 keys to 45 keys out of 100 runs just to give Blizzard a 5%+/- break. If you only get 20 keys out of 100 runs, then there is something very wrong with Blizzards coding.

I should also add if someone is getting 60 keys or more out of MP4 then once again there is a big problem.

I think the biggest problem is, first you are never logging into the same server each key run, so right there, the numbers get thrown off, secondly that means the RNG is different on each server. It could be quite possible that his miss of 46 keys could be quite possible. Now if you logged into the same server each and every single time, there would be less of a chance that the numbers would be so askew.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Soc_participants.shtml

Please see this link, it appears the best and most realistic sample size for the least error is 10,000 not even 1,000 like I said.

Secondly no matter which server I log in I get a key every 4 runs except for one time it took 6 runs. Appears to be working perfectly for me. Also if you remember playing D2 sometimes it would take me 15-20 runs to get a key. This system is much better you can choose how likely you are to get a key by how hard you want to make it.
Reply Quote
so much QQ
Reply Quote
Me and a friend have done 40 runs (20 runs each) on mp2, result 1 key....

Ofc inferno and nv5.

Chance of that close to zero if the drops are not bugged or we have unbelievable misfortune......
Reply Quote
got more key drops on mp1 then mp2
Reply Quote
Have the drop on the keys diminished?
I play on MP4 and did over 15 runs stacking nephs blessings, still I had no keys droping.
Is it just bad luck or am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Thanks, just checking cause I though it was odd.
After this post I tried 3 more times and nothing ... =/
Reply Quote
At first I was pissed that someone necro'd this thread.

Then I realized the true crime is that nothing has changed since this thread was created over 300 days ago...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]