Diablo® III

why not to auto pause while high ping?

+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1

My 2 top causes of death in hardcore is crashing or DC - and pressing escape won't help you out at all in these 2 situations. Please auto pause the game when my client does not respond for 3 seconds so that when I log back in, I continue off from where I had paused. If this is implemented, perhaps I'll come back to hardcore.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1

but allow auto pause for multilayer games :D, tbh this will suck for a few people i know that play with 500 ping consistently lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice to see this getting discussed again.
Reply Quote
+1 Lost my 60 Monk due to latency last month.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1 just died from it
Reply Quote
Definitely need it
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
This is one of the few threads that may be capable of deserving the necrobump it got 3 hours ago. This and anything suggesting separate forum space for HC (HC trading, class forums, etc.)
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1

However, OP is asking for auto pause during high latency. This is not going to help you if you dropped out of the game completely or lost your internet connection completely.
Reply Quote
No, you die when you die suck thats the way of HC
Reply Quote
minus 1

It would be like ps2 and everyone would just pull their plug when they are dying to avoid death.
That defeats the purpose of HC.
In HC you live and eventually you die. That's the way of the mode.
The game mode should not be destroyed because people are trying to play with slow computers or very bad internet connections.

edit:
And if you honestly don't think people could spam their own internet connection to make a synthetic lag you are computer illiterate, simple or a child.
Edited by Weism#1217 on 12/17/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
minus 1

It would be like ps2 and everyone would just pull their plug when they are dying to avoid death.

Okay You broke your internet connection game paused after 5 minutes you died because your session was over and game was unpaused on serverside for 10 seconds

Happy abuse mate!
Reply Quote
I already raised similar topic a long ago

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6551465606#5

only 18 replies so far

it looks like nobody wanted such mechanics
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]