Diablo® III

why not to auto pause while high ping?

+1

Lost one of my DH early on to a DC. Can't imagine how it would feel like losing a high para toon to this. Just like to suggest adding a timer to the auto pause so that if a player dosen't return, it automatically resumes the 10sec timer before disconnect.
Reply Quote
+1

this is overdue. SO OVERDUE.
Reply Quote
Yep. Hardcore is not legit when most people die to DC. My first two characters were barbs i got to 60 and they both died to DC. My wizard lagged a bit and blew up. If it was like SC2 and game is stopped when lag it would all be much much better. Least of the games problem though. Rng hates me and ive gotten nowhere in a week of playing with perfect mf. It's not fun farming for nothing.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Bump ;).
Reply Quote
Hell yeah for auto pause. My ping already sits at about 250 average with spikes up to 400 and low points at 190. Thats all still rather playable tho, i have no issues so far and i dont' have any rubberbanding issues.

Over the 500ping mark tho, excpessially if it's sustained, thats a game killer. that split second of 400ping i can handle but if it jumps to over that for a little while it screws the timeing of everything.

If the game auto paused on prolonged ping spikes that would be great, and honestly i wouldn't mind it in HC at all, better alive with a chance then dead without the ability to escape.

It would piss SC player off tho and i'm not sure how they could implement this without also impacting the SC players.

still get s a +1 from me tho for auto pause, or at least an option to turn it on.
Reply Quote
"It would piss SC player off tho and i'm not sure how they could implement this without also impacting the SC players."

I'm not sure it will piss all SC players : as most of them have canon glass like build, they easily die with some latency and I don't think they like to repair or restart an über fight.

A simple pause could piss off both SC and HC players though, that kind of pause/slowing down is already implemented in SC2 and sometimes it's a bit boring... But in D3, you can still leave the game ?
Reply Quote
How do you manage this party situations?
Do you have the option to "Drop" the player like in sc1/wc3 (I assume SC2 is like this also)?? If not, what's the timeout on the pause?
If you/another player/the game "pause" times out, and drop the player, do you send him/her to the grave/archive of fallen heroes?

As you can see, many questions need to be answered and requirements fully understood before such a thing.could be implemented.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Last night 3o'clock

'lost connexion => rip'

+1000
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]