Diablo® III

used to be SC now HC Bump this

just wondering how many used to be SC that have turned to HC
i bet this post dont get many bumps though..
Edited by xCLASSIFIEDx#1172 on 12/4/2012 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just switched this past weekend. Realized that HC is the real game. Can't believe it took me that long. Hope you HC guys will accept me!!
Reply Quote
switch to hardcore 1 month after the game first came out, after i rush i feel on near death fight i decide to quit softcore period.
Reply Quote
I had over 500 hours logged on SC when i switched, 100 hours of HC > 500 SC hours
Reply Quote
i switched in september. i figure a lot of people started with SC. just look at my demon hunter haha 150k dps (just upgraded, legacy nats set, 80k unbuffed), im the poster boy for the converted. i was getting bored of the game and thought "oh yeah i wanted to try HC at some point". when i got to level 28 or so a buddy of mine joined me, and we played through 3 characters. on my 5th character and i love it. i would consider my witch doctor my best guy :D

ive played my DH maybe 2 hours in the past 3 months lol, people still add me from time to time and i have to explain i have no interest in playing SC more than once a week or so. its great up until i die and realize theres no penalty. they should increase repair costs like 100%
Reply Quote
why would we admit to switching from sc to hc? I admit it bc i dont care what ppl say. HC community is alot nicer in general but have an elitist attitude towards sc players. They hate us. Im switching after topping off my SC wiz. Upgrades cost about 500 mill-1 bill. And hes 93 paragon lvl. tired of grinding for that 3 mf% -.-

Started on saturday, and lost a lvl 49 saturday night due to dc.
Started on Sunday, and lost a lvl 35 sunday afternoon due to dc.
Started again, GOTA KEEP ON TRUCKING!
Reply Quote
i think i might have 20 hours or so just started last Saturday but im definately enjoying the game more. MUCH more careful about how i play though. im only just starting act4. I went back to play Act1 and 2 on MP 10 once i feel good on act3 MP 10 ill start act4. Now im just tring to find a good solid group to play with.
Reply Quote
I like what I'm seeing....

You guys aren't total douche bags.

Add me if you want.
Edited by Diomedes#1380 on 12/4/2012 8:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
After 3 months of inactivity, i decided to get back to d3 on HC rather than be bored with my old SC garbage monk (AH moved too quickly and because blizzard in charge of build diversity). Switched 2 weeks back, got my first two deaths and put it off for a week and here i am with another.
Reply Quote
@diomedes.

GEZ man lol ya got me worried about my choice to play Wiz now.. where are most of your deaths at?
Reply Quote
i'm playing HC now.. won't sell all my SC stuff.. not a Billionare.. nor even a Millionare on SC.. so.. i alternate playing.. when i'm sleepy.. i play SC when i'm full active.. HC.. (Way more fun than SC) i also convince my bro to join me :D.. it's so fun when your close to death.. (Happens once when i was sleepy and did a "long blink" when i open my eyes.. was stand on a poison plant.. xD..
Edited by OpeThO#1400 on 12/4/2012 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'll just support you guys, I was SC through most of D2, changed over to HC a few months before D2x

=)
Reply Quote
@diomedes.

GEZ man lol ya got me worried about my choice to play Wiz now.. where are most of your deaths at?

Wizard is an absolute death trap in HC. Regardless of the fact that the first HC Paragon 100 was a Wiz on the EU servers, they are tied for being the softest class in HC with DH.

I died so many times on a Wiz because I made it a vendetta to hit 60. When I finally learned how to play a Wiz (stay FAR back, and run like hell the second anything gets past the monk + barb in front of me) I had those deaths under my belt.

Most of my wiz deaths were at the end of NM A3 or start of NM Act 4 during 1.03. This was before -lvl req weps with more than -10 levels were readily available for under 7mil.
Edited by Diomedes#1380 on 12/4/2012 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
ive heard that DH and WD were worse than wiz in hc.. I cant speak from experience yet tho. Just know that i will use teleport, diamond skin, and frost nova, blur, and evocation for every build lol
Reply Quote
WD is either the best or second best for HC since 1.04. Pets can tank crazy well, Spirit Walk is the best CC break in the game, and Spirit Vessel is a nice HC passive.I think the consensus among the HC community is (not my choices, but I am crazy)

Barb-WD----Monk-------------Wiz--DH

Mine is:

WD---------Monk--DH---------Barb----------------------------------------------Wiz
Reply Quote
WD is either the best or second best for HC since 1.04. Pets can tank crazy well, Spirit Walk is the best CC break in the game, and Spirit Vessel is a nice HC passive.I think the consensus among the HC community is (not my choices, but I am crazy)

Barb-WD----Monk-------------Wiz--DH

Mine is:

WD---------Monk--DH---------Barb----------------------------------------------Wiz

Ditto!

My only argument is that Spirit Vessel isn't just "nice" it is THE BEST PASSIVE IN THE GAME.
Edited by Diomedes#1380 on 12/4/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Started on saturday, and lost a lvl 49 saturday night due to dc.Started on Sunday, and lost a lvl 35 sunday afternoon due to dc.Started again, GOTA KEEP ON TRUCKING!

That sucks. You should probably get to 60 on your first char. I think if you don't get to 60 on your first character your kicked from HC and have to wait a week before creating another character to start over. Reallllly let that sink in that you belong in SC.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:17 AMPosted by TheRoge
I think if you don't get to 60 on your first character your kicked from HC and have to wait a week before creating another character to start over. Reallllly let that sink in that you belong in SC.

Pretentious are we not?
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:17 AMPosted by TheRoge
Started on saturday, and lost a lvl 49 saturday night due to dc.Started on Sunday, and lost a lvl 35 sunday afternoon due to dc.Started again, GOTA KEEP ON TRUCKING!

That sucks. You should probably get to 60 on your first char. I think if you don't get to 60 on your first character your kicked from HC and have to wait a week before creating another character to start over. Reallllly let that sink in that you belong in SC.

Because a d/c sure measures my skill level...
Reply Quote
I switched over to HC from SC around mid-June and haven't really touched my SC Wiz since. I even upgraded my computer to accommodate HC play around July... My computer was hevily under spec for this game lol. I've had 8 deaths so far, but still pushing forward to my new goal of plvl 100... that is if I don't die to disconnect first lol...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]