Diablo® III

RIP Protatoe's barb

You were SO close to paragon 100.

HC just lost a huge character.

Rest in peace!
Reply Quote
wow, that's a shame.
Reply Quote
I guess we're all doomed and DC death will get us all.

Maybe that's what the Mayans were predicting, massive DC death in December 2012.
Reply Quote
I think it happened yesterday and I think he had enough experience to know this.
Reply Quote
Looks like his getting his monk up to 100 paragon its already at 50
Reply Quote
Tis a sad sad day. 2 billion gold gear plus paragon 98 down the drain and not only that but the worst way to go too. RIP
Reply Quote
lol did you he after the maint? if so LOL at him for thinking the servers are fine after a maint.

everyone knows when servers come up after a maint. that the servers are crap

He died last night, moron. And his cheapest item was worth 10 times all of your gear put together. Go back to the SC kiddie pool for a while.

12/04/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Bloodthirst
Looks like his getting his monk up to 100 paragon its already at 50

Monk is his alt, it was already at 50.
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 12/4/2012 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
people who say dc never happens blah blah it happens to anyone
Edited by Bloodthirst#6488 on 12/4/2012 1:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I know its painful but who doesn't archive a character so amazing as that. :/
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
OMG that's so horrible! :( I've been following his progress closely since he was around 75, and I saw him playing the Monk last night, but it never occurred to me that his Barb had died. I figured that maybe he just needed a break or something.

Jeeze, Protatoe, if you read this, I'm so sorry to hear about your lost hero! Please share a little bit with us about what happened. There were lots of people watching your progress to 100, and who will probably feel bad that your hero has fallen. Did you make it to level 99?

Even as Protatoe's Barbarian takes his place among whatever passes for the Halls of Valhalla in Sanctuary, we are all starkly reminded that no matter how well-geared our characters are, or how well we play them, death is just one DC or other unforeseen event away.

But to get sooooooooooooooooo close to Paragon-100 and miss it like this... ARRRGGGGGH, how frustrating that must be for him!

RIP Protatoe. Your deeds of valor will be remembered.... by many!
Reply Quote
Thats crazy, how did he die?
Reply Quote
Go to jsp forums he talks bout it there
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Bloodthirst
people who say dc never happens blah blah it happens to anyone

His landlord resetted his router or something like that. Sometimes it's avoidable, but yes, everyone is subject to DC deaths.
Reply Quote
It was a hell of a run. He took alot of enemies down with him. . .more than his share I'd say.

Much, Much, MUCH Glory to the fallen.

I can only hope to accomplish half of what this great character did.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Here's what was posted over at jsp, reposted from a thread where Protatoe posted elsewhere about this death:

I was about 2 minutes from hitting level 99. Oh well, was bound to happen eventually. I was anxious to hit level 100 and was using really aggressive build that wasn't safe vs. DC's. Waypointed to the bridge and everything stopped moving with a screen full of spear chuckers.. knew I was a goner. Was a good run for Protatoe.. he was made soon after launch.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/protatoe-1870/hero/9754403

http://i.imgur.com/2IkZn.jpg

The topic of the thread is "Some Guy Almost Made It To Paragon 100 - And Then His Landlord Pulled Out Router" so there must have been more in the original post, but I can't find any other threads.

The image is stark and sad....

Galx
Reply Quote
RIP. Must've felt horrible. Haven't lost a HC character in D3 yet, but I remember back in my D2 classic days, before the LOD expansion, getting to lvl 99 was basically impossible and chaos sanc was impossible for melee because of IM. Lost my lvl 90 there because of DC.
Reply Quote
He exchanged DC protection for faster leveling. At least he's still having fun.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:18 PMPosted by krazlys
He exchanged DC protection for faster leveling. At least he's still having fun.

yea losing a lvl 99 is really "fun"... i think it's funny that he died :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]