Diablo® III

RIP Protatoe's barb

I will respond to you 1 last time in this case.

You should thank people like me that you have a job and a safe country to live in. I know I did before I joined the armed forces a while back. I do get payed enough money to live off of each month and a little more; I don't like the way that I get it but I have no other choice. D3 also gives me extra pocket cash. It's a shame that my service appears to be have wasted on mindless people such as yourself, but if I had a choice to do it all over again, I would get blown up and shot again. I admit that I troll a lot but it is in good fun-- it's only to stir people up. I personally do not dislike anyone here and at the same time I do help people. One day your senseless internet tough guy attitude will change.

...and do not call me Bro-- you were not with me or my "bros" when we were defending punks "in real life" such as yourself.

I also didn't know playing a slow killing Barb was fun. :P

I have respect for the millitary and I"m not an internet tough guy.

however, neither of those have to do with you being a loser who dies a lot and gets made fun of because nobody likes you hahaha

also, 40k dps is more dps than most people have in hardcore. so my barb doesn't kill stuff slowly, I duno why you keep saying that. He kills much faster than most people, and a lot faster than any of your dead barbs. i would imagine that you don't know a lot of things, lol. Apparently dying a lot and trolling a lot are fun for you though, which is a really cool story brah.

Actually... I like him, and I'm pretty sure we're going through the same, of some certain similar real life issues(not going to get into that one so I digress).

Trolling on the forums is one way to relax and vent a lil bit, too. It's pretty obvious by the nature of how he responds on the forum, that he has no real beef with anyone here. He's just poking for fun.

We're all playing the same game afterall, anyway.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 12/4/2012 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 04:18 PMPosted by krazlys
He exchanged DC protection for faster leveling. At least he's still having fun.

I doubt there is any spec or gear setup that will protect you from DCs. Sure, if there are a few white mobs mobs around you may be fine with high regen and mitigation but if you DC in the middle of an Alkaizer run the odds aren't good.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Elzilcho
I doubt there is any spec or gear setup that will protect you from DCs. Sure, if there are a few white mobs mobs around you may be fine with high regen and mitigation but if you DC in the middle of an Alkaizer run the odds aren't good.

That's like saying a seatbelt won't protect your life in a car, on the grounds that your odd won't be good if you head-on at 80 mph into a tree or drive off a 50-foot bridge. The point is that it will still save your life in many more common types of accidents versus no seatbelt.
Reply Quote

making money on this game? I think you mean with this game?

dude i have a job. i make a !@#$ load of money in real life. i play this game for fun

I will respond to you 1 last time in this case.

You should thank people like me that you have a job and a safe country to live in. I know I did before I joined the armed forces a while back. I do get payed enough money to live off of each month and a little more; I don't like the way that I get it but I have no other choice. D3 also gives me extra pocket cash. It's a shame that my service appears to be have wasted on mindless people such as yourself, but if I had a choice to do it all over again, I would get blown up and shot again. I admit that I troll a lot but it is in good fun-- it's only to stir people up. I personally do not dislike anyone here and at the same time I do help people. One day your senseless internet tough guy attitude will change.

...and do not call me Bro-- you were not with me or my "bros" when we were defending punks "in real life" such as yourself.

I also didn't know playing a slow killing Barb was fun. :P

Oh damn you just pulled out the "I'm in the military" card. We have term for that, a "tool". You ain't special. There's 2 million people in the service right now and many more that left. No one forced you to join, you volunteered to serve so don't get the "I'm fighting for my country gaiz worship me" high and mighty attitude.
Edited by ImSpartacus#1205 on 12/4/2012 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Glory to the fallen
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ruthless And Weapon Master! you got Balls Kid. RiP
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 09:33 PMPosted by JiJin

That's like saying a seatbelt won't protect your life in a car, on the grounds that your odd won't be good if you head-on at 80 mph into a tree or drive off a 50-foot bridge. The point is that it will still save your life in many more common types of accidents versus no seatbelt.

Not at all, and strange analogy. If there was a 'seat belt' solution for DC's I'd be all for it. Unfortunately there is nothing that provides that much protection with virtually zero trade off.

The person I was quoting implied that gearing to survive a DC would have saved him. My point was that no matter how defensively geared/specced you are if you DC surrounded by mobs (even without a champ pack in there) you'll most likely die. It's not just 10 seconds you have to survive. The server seems to take about 30 seconds before it even realizes you've DC'd and starts the timer.

I do like the idea of comparing a DC to driving off a bridge though. :)
Reply Quote
Even in MP 0 act 3 with 3k life regen and 3M EHP base ( according to diablo progress ) a barbarian can die in just a few seconds against desecrator + arcane, even in MP 0 act 2 if you disconnect in certain situations you can die easily with such a barb, like a group of fallen imps followed by a pack with arcane + desecrator. It may be 100% safe only for MP 0 act 1.

Same for monks, but usually monks have less EHP and life regen then a barb ( think about 100k life and inspiring presence ), but with mantra of retribution or whatever and mystical ally the history is almost the same, only safe place is MP 0 act 1, which is boring, but still safe.

It's too bad after all the time he invested this happened to him.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 10:53 PMPosted by ImSpartacus
Oh damn you just pulled out the "I'm in the military" card. We have term for that, a "tool". You ain't special. There's 2 million people in the service right now and many more that left. No one forced you to join, you volunteered to serve so don't get the "I'm fighting for my country gaiz worship me" high and mighty attitude.

I normally just read and rarely post here, but I'm going to have to agree with this. Just because you served, does not mean you are better than anybody else. There are millions of people who would kill to serve but cannot due to some condition they have. Others simply cannot handle the lifestyle or do not wish to support the commander in chief. Whatever the reason may be, it's not required to serve, nor should you ever use it to "claim" you are better than someone else. Trolling or not, get off your high horse. You made the decision, get over it.

Also, you'd be surprised at how many people you come across on the internet that have served.

And this is coming from an Ex-Marine Afghanistan Combat Veteran. So fix your attitude.
Edited by Shaddai#1468 on 12/5/2012 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, I never understand why anyone has to thank the military for what they do for this country. Isn't it just another profession? We all find something to do, and as a thanks we get paid for it.

In the end, its another job and pulling the "You should feel grateful that you have a job and a safe place to live" just sounds... weird. You get paid don't you? You should be satisfied of your job/career of your own accord, instead of expecting others to enable you. I haev more respect for people who donate money for charities etc. without expecting much in return (except maybe tax benefits). That's a scenario where it is a selfless act. Doing your own dam* job as the military is not doing anything extra.

Anyway, back on topic.. Ouch losing a 99 plvl char sucks. I guess using the riskier build did make it possible to hit that without boring yourself to death. Good luck on your new barb, don't go that hardcore on it :P and enjoy other aspects of life. Dying is inevitable for a HC character, so trying to accomplish it by sacrificing other things may not be a good idea. I am not saying you are, but its just a thought. Good luck again!
Reply Quote

I suspect that hunter could could dc on mp3 with no fears at all. And twister has a 3.5m or so ehp barb as well. I could DC on mp0 and have very little fear unless I was sitting on a bunch of arcane.

Yeah, I never understand why anyone has to thank the military for what they do for this country. Isn't it just another profession? We all find something to do, and as a thanks we get paid for it.

In the end, its another job and pulling the "You should feel grateful that you have a job and a safe place to live" just sounds... weird. You get paid don't you? You should be satisfied of your job/career of your own accord, instead of expecting others to enable you. I haev more respect for people who donate money for charities etc. without expecting much in return (except maybe tax benefits). That's a scenario where it is a selfless act. Doing your own dam* job as the military is not doing anything extra.

Anyway, back on topic.. Ouch losing a 99 plvl char sucks. I guess using the riskier build did make it possible to hit that without boring yourself to death. Good luck on your new barb, don't go that hardcore on it :P and enjoy other aspects of life. Dying is inevitable for a HC character, so trying to accomplish it by sacrificing other things may not be a good idea. I am not saying you are, but its just a thought. Good luck again!

Yeah, but as a Dr/lawyer/mcdonalds worker/whatever, you rarely have to dodge bullets. And if you do, you probably go to counseling for 6 mos and/or change careers. Our men/women in the military put their lives on the line every day, and the vast majority of them could make more $$ in the private sector.
Edited by Bryanw1995#1913 on 12/5/2012 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, but as a Dr/lawyer/mcdonalds worker/whatever, you rarely have to dodge bullets. And if you do, you probably go to counseling for 6 mos and/or change careers. Our men/women in the military put their lives on the line every day, and the vast majority of them could make more $$ in the private sector.

+1
Reply Quote
RIP Protatoe.

Hope the next one makes it all the way to p 100
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Battle123
agreed until you said hunter trolls people and sam fights back. Pretty sure it's the other way around.

Hunter trolls people. Case en point:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933914179#6

Sad to see your barb go, Protatoe. Hope to see another soon.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 12/5/2012 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
Our men/women in the military put their lives on the line every day, and the vast majority of them could make more $$ in the private sector.

Back in the day, as a married E4 w/ a kid on the way ... I qualified for WIC. People should think about that, for a second. (it looks like it's gotten a bit better, looking at the current pay scale charts. But still ...)
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 12/5/2012 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]