Diablo® III

Any way to avoid connection loss?

Hey!

I have an ISP with a Dynamic IP.
Every once in awhile (like once a day), my IP changes, and while the modem assigns me a new IP, it kicks me out of the game, and I need to authenticate again.

Now, I do know this is normal for when I unplug and replug the modem, but is it normal for this to happen while connected, as well?

If it's normal, is there any software that could Host my IP or something, and I can have a Static IP?
I'm using No-IP.COM, which is usefull for Wake On LAN with dynapic IP, but the domain I'm getting from there is not usable in the windows settings.

Any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
DAngel7,

Your ISP disconnects you in order to change your IP address once a day? No, that's not normal and you should discuss it with them.

Also, you have a European Battle.net account and play on the European region so that's really where you need to be posting any tech issues you may have.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/4436696/
Reply Quote
Ok, I will do that, thanks for taking the time to answer!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]