Diablo® III

Warning: Slain By Firewall

- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
This hasn't happened to me in hardcore, but it is something folks should be aware of, because it's a nasty and unexpected way to die in the Keep Depths, First Floor of Act 3.

You already know the fire that comes up from the floor hits REALLY freaking hard. But did you know that monsters that run through it and are set afire can also burn you at the same rate of damage?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199034362

Be sure to see the image the guy posted. He died to "firewall damage" from a pack that was on fire.

Galx
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks a ton for this heads up
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'm 100% sure that this is true:

12/04/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Battle123
i don't think the damage from a burning enemy is the same as standing directly on top of the fire though.

I do the keep depths every Act 3 run. I've been hit directly by the fire a few times, and I've fought monsters that have just gone through the fire many more times. Totally different experiences.
Reply Quote
View profile
i run through fire walls all the time and they dont bother me. i know what your saying here though. i was on a monk once in the keep with a wiz close behind me. as i run over the fire grate it activates and catches the guy behind me. next thing i see is they were slain by it.

its a really sad way to go. it happens though
Reply Quote
View profile
wow iddnt know the fire monsters hurt you. good lookign out
Reply Quote
That area sucks anyway and shouldn't be traversed. At the time, 580 fire res, 10k armor and 3k regen and superstitions and my regen couldn't keep up. Sorry, but that fire is beyond OP.
Reply Quote
the fire does something like 10k a second on my 700 res wizard
Reply Quote
>MP (6) inferno

so yeah..
Reply Quote
View profile
My Wizard died to Firewall. :D She only had like 260k EHP though. xD
Reply Quote
Burn!!!! *say it like lich voice in warcraft 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]