133k HOTA ThrowWeapon Leap Forced March barb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6KpgZpez1Q&feature=youtu.be

MP3 Act2
199k +26% blade +40% elite +20% cold blood +10% conflageration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6QbTc_qMIw&feature=youtu.be

MP3 deep freeze - glasscannon - soj
373k(470k blades) DPS verse elite
Act2 Vault, Mine, Wind, Ruin, Road, Oasis, Path 21min run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESiTARUMzE&list=PLEpvECUUdq0_Tzb3Kr1fnePlHLPGengmn&feature=plpp_play_all

MP3 deep freeze - glasscannon
alkaizer run + keep3 partial can be done in ~15mins:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr3qRuMZlP8&list=PLEpvECUUdq09oY9nV67MB6IJF2VH-6SWv&feature=plpp_play_all

MP3 act3 deep freeze - dynamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usv1HZv6wM

MP3 act2 deep freeze - dynamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8sOZ7ePpaE

MP3 act2 time warp - dynamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRv3lENX28I&feature=youtu.be

the build:
[x] sword/dagger/axe with life steal (attack speed prefered)
[x] 2 pieces with apoc
[x] storm chaser
[x] wormhole
[x] chain reaction
[x] healing blades
[x] scramble
[x] deep freeze (bone chill in group)
passives:
[x] critical mass
[x] (if weapon/tals/soj has cold) cold blooded (else) astral presence (else) arcane dynamo (else) glasscannon
[x] (if weapon/tals/soj/triumvirate has fire) conflageraion (else) astral presence (else) arcane dynamo (else) glasscannon

tips:
Get a SOJ with cold or fire one with a spectral blade buff(good ones cost like 3mil, perfects are 15-30m). Attack speed rings cost 150m+ to beat these rings and even then are only worth it if you hit another wicked wind breakpoint.
This build works best at MP3-4, archon is better in lower mp and SNS becomes better in MP6+.
Offhand can come with a spectral blade buff also.

Alternatives:
replace scramble with shards
replace nova with shards

Old build and video:
MP3 act2 with SOJ
1.85 drops-per-min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVREsAOvvo&list=PLEpvECUUdq09fdboIT0Nk_tyPiHWV6R0y&feature=plpp_play_all
MP2 13.5min Alkaizer 99%+LOOT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-0Y_QBCG0&list=PLEpvECUUdq09T_ZFUEX26UB-LmznDEfKl&feature=plpp_play_all
MP3 14.5 min Alkaizer 99%+LOOT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U

[MECHANICS] ADD&MULTI BUFFS *UPDATED*
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320002142
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/24/2012 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Love your build algorithm :P

I've been running similar stuff for a while now so you might find the following experiential observations interesting:

Mirror Images are a great replacement for frost nova, to create safe distance between you and mobs (and get out of CC/curses), and i always use teleport - safe passage as well (useful for dealing with reflect if your DPS is high).

Arcane Dynamo or Prodigy is rarely worth using with Spectral Blades, but Living Lightning procs it amazingly well. Overall, Living Lightning has much better procs than Blades, but Healing Blades is really good, as is Impactful Blades (80% spammable snare), and blades up-front damage is much better.

If you do use Living Lightning, you can replace twisters with Meteor - Liquify and alternate them for plenty of procs (and Arcane Dynamo will almost double your damage).

If you don't have 27+ APoC and you're using Blades + Storm Chaser, you might be better off with Wicked Wind instead, i found the AP return is more reliable - and you can use Impactful Blades to hold things in the twisters if you're not using nova.

Getting cold damage from a ring/amulet/source so you can use Spectral Blades to trigger Cold Blooded is definitely worth the damage boost. If you want to use Conflagration, Chantodo's Will is a good way to get fire damage.

Not spamming Nova/DS/EB is really good for the physical health of your hands (and debatably more fun) :P

Cheers!
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 11/22/2012 12:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Love your build algorithm :P

I've been running similar stuff for a while now so you might find the following experiential observations interesting:

Mirror Images are a great replacement for frost nova, to create safe distance between you and mobs (and get out of CC/curses), and i always use teleport - safe passage as well (useful for dealing with reflect if your DPS is high).

Arcane Dynamo or Prodigy is rarely worth using with Spectral Blades, but Living Lightning procs it amazingly well. Overall, Living Lightning has much better procs than Blades, but Healing Blades is really good, as is Impactful Blades (80% spammable snare), and blades up-front damage is much better.

Also i have a 14% bonus
If you do use Living Lightning, you can replace twisters with Meteor - Liquify and alternate them for plenty of procs (and Arcane Dynamo will almost double your damage).

If you don't have 27+ APoC and you're using Blades + Storm Chaser, you might be better off with Wicked Wind instead, i found the AP return is more reliable - and you can use Impactful Blades to hold things in the twisters if you're not using nova.

Getting cold damage from a ring/amulet/source so you can use Spectral Blades to trigger Cold Blooded is definitely worth the damage boost. If you want to use Conflagration, Chantodo's Will is a good way to get fire damage.

Not spamming Nova/DS/EB is really good for the physical health of your hands (and debatably more fun) :P

Cheers!

The build is really built around storm chaser bc when I cast a sig spell like blades, living lighting i get a 2nd twister for free which gives loh/electrify/apoc proc etc. Now granted these move around but you can micro just like WD does with bears. You face walls, you orient the direction of the twisters toward the mobs. Also the dps is coming forward with me into more mobs.

Blades apply both cold blood and conflagration so that is 30% more dps because I have both those elements on my weapon / ammy. If you are considering living lighting you might want to also consider deep cuts. You agree that blades are more instant dps and thus instant hp back. I have to use healing past MP2 bc of Reflect Dmg. Also my dps is coming forward with me into more mobs.

Living Lightning and Meteor have too long of a spinup time for dps from my experience I do urge you to post a youtube of your build bc I don't have some of those items to replicate your build. Some builds have synergies at certain APS, DPS levels etc.

Arcane Dynamo is the next best thing if you don't have both cold/fire weapon/ammy/soj.

It is my understand Chantodo's Will only applies fire dmg when it does wand attack or when you use a blade attack. I don't think its applied with shards/ explosive blast.

Also i am going back to chain reaction for this build. Will post updated videos.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/22/2012 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Dragonfly
If you want to use Conflagration, Chantodo's Will is a good way to get fire damage.

Chantodo's Will procs conflagration by itself?
I thought you had to use a fire skill or wear Fire Walkers to do this.
Reply Quote
Eric just puts slips of paper with every rune in a hat and draws 9.:P
Reply Quote
If you want to use Conflagration, Chantodo's Will is a good way to get fire damage.

Chantodo's Will procs conflagration by itself?
I thought you had to use a fire skill or wear Fire Walkers to do this.

Edit: Sorry, i didn't realise how misleading that sounded! You have to use Spectral Blades, it's the only wizard spell that doesn't convert your damage into a specific element.

If you are considering living lighting you might want to also consider deep cuts. You agree that blades are more instant dps and thus instant hp back. I have to use healing past MP2 bc of Reflect Dmg. Also my dps is coming forward with me into more mobs.

Living Lightning and Meteor have too long of a spinup time for dps from my experience I do urge you to post a youtube of your build bc I don't have some of those items to replicate your build. Some builds have synergies at certain APS, DPS levels etc.

Problem is i can't find a way to fit life steal in my build. I need Chant's for the speed, CD is better than lifesteal there because the damage is huge, and it's the same story with Electrify vs Blood Weapon. So in my case Living Lightning heals me a lot faster, and Arcane Dynamo builds up so fast that if i alternate Liquify with LL, pretty much every meteor is +75% damage. It's working quite well so far, but i do still like Blades + Twister. I encourage you to give Wicked Wind another shot, i thought i was quite good at positioning enemies into corners to stack all the moving twisters on them, but the difference when switching to WW was very noticable... i've said it before, WW needs a slightly lower coefficient than the other runes or it's simply too reliable.

I have actually recorded a video of my current build, but it's 450mb so i might have to upload it later :)
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 11/24/2012 4:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Update: Wands will not work for this, do not attempt wands.

I updated the first post in the topic with new videos and skill selections.

my current gear:
24ms + scramble + wormhole
800 All resist
healing blade + 3LS + 1176 LOH + crystal shell
critical mass + 19apoc + storm chaser + chain reaction
182k Stated DPS
+26% Spectral Blade dmg
+41% Against Elites
+20% cold blooded (Tals ammy)
+10% conflageration (Fire on weapon)
=427k

Currently MP3 skill setup:
storm chaser
wormhole
crystal shell
chain reaction
healing blades
scramble
critical mass
cold blooded
conflagration

@Dragonfly the issue with your build is you dont have any explosive blast which is almost the corner stone of dps for a none-archon wizard. People use critical mass to get explosive blast and diamond skin. You have critical mass but only for teleport/illusions you should just use the illusionist passive.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/24/2012 7:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
You can add Triumvirate for the +fire part of the build algo. Many of us have one along with a black weapon for their archon setup.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 08:11 AMPosted by krali
You can add Triumvirate for the +fire part of the build algo. Many of us have one along with a black weapon for their archon setup.

did not think of that TY!
Reply Quote
@Dragonfly the issue with your build is you dont have any explosive blast which is almost the corner stone of dps for a none-archon wizard. People use critical mass to get explosive blast and diamond skin. You have critical mass but only for teleport/illusions you should just use the illusionist passive.

Hmm, i think EB is old news these days, especially in a 20 APoC meteor build, i just don't have the AP for it - Electrify and Shocking Aspect are much better DPS for free. It is a lot of DPS to ignore in a twister build though, i just got sick of spamming it :|

My EHP and CC are much too high for illusionist to be better than critical mass. Safe Passage is always available as is.

I like the addition of Thrown Blade to your build, i may have to try that out in lower MP where i don't need the snare from Impactful Blades.. it seems so much easier to use, the short range is still the worst part about Blades imo, even after the buff. That's why i like LL :)
Reply Quote
Bump this build rocks guys. very very very fun.

I changed a couple things and dumped my 260K archon for this at low mp.. only have 100k when in this form but its faster than archon. No wind up always wormholing. and EB doing twice damage doesnt hurt either.

I use illusionist to haul with wormhole. Also illusionist good as you're wormholing around and position wrong on landing and a mob hits u you're now free to TP into right position.

Here is variant I'm using for sick never die defense mp 3-4 farming. 7000 armor and 1150 ar with a source lol.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQXWhO!dgT!cZcYcc
Sure you can use scramble and be even faster but i died - i dont like dying - totally wrecks flow of game.

I use my 1.0.3 cm dagger so no wand attacks and a cheap oculous for apoc and spectral blades.

Try it! And thanks Eric!
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/24/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Dragonfly EB is the only way to compete with archon in terms of dps multipler. I tried your build and it was requiring alot of kitting and reflect dmg was bad. You have 4 more all res piece and cc on gloves. I think that is making you viable. LL does proc more LOH/Dynamo/Para then blades. Checkout the new build below thou.

@Aimless Good too see you got it working with illusionist and prim

I have run into a problem with this build at higher mp. At higher mp I had to trade wormhole for safe passage and i had to trade storm armor for ice armor :(. After alot of attempts! A style that works above mp4 I came up with:

NO-DIAMONDSKIN|NO-SPINUP|NO-PROBLEM|CM BUILD
storm chaser
wormhole
healing blades
chain reaction
Frost nova - Deep freeze (Low aps use Cold Snap)
scramble
critical mass
if weapon/tals/soj has cold
cold blooded
if weapon/tals/soj/triumvirate has fire
conflageraion
else
arcane dynamo
blur

Nova on packs that have knock back, slow time spinning, jailer, frozen, arcane. Don't aim to perma freeze use sparingly.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/25/2012 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah eric u must freeze at high mp. Ive tested this stuff b4 with my sheild which has 240 vit so I went to 45K hp, 8500 armor, 1250 AR wit prismatics and 35% chance to block and get wrecked with no freeze. You simply CAN NOT get enough life back compared to delt. Kinda sux. Blur should be 20% all would totally change wizards landscape

Monsters hit for up to 450K in mp10 so with like 95% reduction with is above u still take 22K, that's a lot to make up when 4-5 are hitting u at once. Not to mention requires a shield and ar armor affix on everything - what kinda wiz is that? And still does not work. Whatever - wiz is broken at high MP imo when freeze is only option.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/25/2012 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Eric - You are missing the stun/freeze from my gloves/belt. Without that, yes, you will have to kite a lot, especially in higher MP. For reflect, frequent use of Safe Passage helps a lot. For my dps (130-150k) i find MP4 most efficient, elites die in ~10 seconds so they don't have much time to move around. That said, MP6 is also good, and MP8 is fine if you don't mind kiting some elites a bit. Good positioning with Mirror Images helps control elite movement. I think the video i recorded will be the best way to describe the playstyle.

I'm afraid we will have to disagree about EB, but i will say that i'm liking Thrown Blades + Storm Chaser + Scramble in lower MP, and i do agree that you don't have to be spamming Frost Nova 17 times a second for it to be viable, especially with the DR changes to the way CC works.

@Aimless - Shields are crap :P I'll upload that video tonight. I know you said MP10 but i wouldn't take my current build over MP8, elites take too long at my dps. for MP10 i'd switch back to WW/Impactful Blades and swap Electrify for Shards. Much better survivability, but you lose a bit of DPS potential.

Edit: Here's that video i was blabbing about: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200061560
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 11/25/2012 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Love this build. A lot of different variations depending on gearing too.

Finding it hard to understand what combination of gear I bought for this build is putting out the most damange. SOJ/conflag, max cc with nats ring/boots, blackthornes pants and ice climbers to max tank or innas for movespeed.
Reply Quote
Yeah Im trying to decide on ms too.

tyrells - lose 8k dps and ias
inna- trash all around
lacuni - trash unless u got a billion for a okay one.

Think i settle with 12ms for now Untill i get a little more dps other places then i put on tyrells.
Reply Quote
^ I find dropping crit on lacuni's the best way to go. Try looking for 75int + 150vit + 50AR, you might be surprised how cheap it is. Damage reduction from ranged/melee is also a good stat to get on bracers.
Reply Quote
Very nice build. Tbh less efficient than SNS, but who cares, it's fo fun! Ice Armor is the best Armor :D also I used Deep Cut over Healing Blade for more dmg, and use a Weapon with both LoH and LS, worked pretty well. I feel that Oculus is the best Source for this build, I rely on Teleport heavily.

+1
Reply Quote
Very nice build. Tbh less efficient than SNS, but who cares, it's fo fun! Ice Armor is the best Armor :D also I used Deep Cut over Healing Blade for more dmg, and use a Weapon with both LoH and LS, worked pretty well. I feel that Oculus is the best Source for this build, I rely on Teleport heavily.

+1

spectral blade / storm chaser builds are more efficient than sns at lower mp:
SCSB CM Wizard 1.85 drops-per-min on MP3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVREsAOvvo&list=PLEpvECUUdq09fdboIT0Nk_tyPiHWV6R0y&feature=plpp_play_all

Once a battle last like 9 seconds then wicked wind, shards, nova becomes better.

Oculus teleport reduction doesn't work on wormhole but it works on all the others, helps my safe passage when i use it. In MP4-5 group play i use safe passage for the mitigation while still being able to use scramble. MP6+ is still sns land.

Throw blades might work better then deep cuts, throw proc's the least but they hit alot more targets. Deep cuts do proc the most but mobs have to live for those ticks. Only way is to time and compare. I need healing blade for RD.
Reply Quote

Oculus teleport reduction doesn't work on wormhole but it works on all the others, helps my safe passage when i use it.

Sure about that ? I can't test it from here. The cooldown begins 1sec later, isn't it the problem ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]