Diablo® III

No-Spinup Healing Blade CM MP3-4 Build

I just tested it with a stopwatch. My oculus sets wormhole cooldown to 12 second. So -4 seconds, as stated. Evocation passive also works, bringing it down to 10 second cooldown.

Note that cooldown begins after the 1second grace period where you can spam the spell.
Edited by krali#2833 on 11/28/2012 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just tested it with a stopwatch. My oculus sets wormhole cooldown to 12 second. So -4 seconds, as stated. Evocation passive also works, bringing it down to 10 second cooldown.

Note that cooldown begins after the 1second grace period where you can spam the spell.

I will time it tonight but I know it was broken in the past and you can read posts like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412401800#4
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6471627378#2

comparing to Chantodo 10apoc random
+6% dmg to elite and 4 teleport reduction and +1 random affix(150 int, 150 vit) > 9% attack speed
Reply Quote
View profile
Bump hoping this gets added to build compendium. great fun at low mp (higher if you have dps) it's amazing how many 225% pink twisters come out and damage EB does due to 75% bump dynamo gives. I need a LS CD OS dagger to take it to next level IMO and use impact blades.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/28/2012 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
+1 ... this build is funnnnnnnn!

nice to break up the mp8+ runs.
Reply Quote
teleport reduction does work on wormhole, not sure when it was fixed. Oculus is BIS for this build bc its 6% elite bonus, apoc, 4 teleport reduction and +1 random affix(150 int, 150 vit). You can't use a wand for this build. So Chant bonus off the table. Attack speed helps just like standard CM. I will post more videos as my change my gear and skills.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/29/2012 4:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
My Opinion:
Wands are bad for this because they have a default attack.

what do you mean?
Reply Quote
232k dps
2.62 APS
54.5 crit
19 apoc
3578 armor
802 all resist
948 physical resist
2.7 Life steal
484 life on hit

+10% dmg to elite
+14% dmg spectral blade
-2 teleport reduction

skills:
storm chaser
wormhole
chain reaction
healing blades
deep freeze
scramble

MP3 exp run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ft2fOn3b4&list=PLEpvECUUdq092k4qHlrXauzegSN5HCYoA&feature=plpp_play_all

My Opinion:
Wands are bad for this because they have a default attack.

what do you mean?

it you press cast storm chaser it will do a wand attack instead of a move which i can inturrpt 1ms later with a healing blade cast
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/29/2012 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah eric u must freeze at high mp. Ive tested this stuff b4 with my sheild which has 240 vit so I went to 45K hp, 8500 armor, 1250 AR wit prismatics and 35% chance to block and get wrecked with no freeze. You simply CAN NOT get enough life back compared to delt. Kinda sux. Blur should be 20% all would totally change wizards landscape

Monsters hit for up to 450K in mp10 so with like 95% reduction with is above u still take 22K, that's a lot to make up when 4-5 are hitting u at once. Not to mention requires a shield and ar armor affix on everything - what kinda wiz is that? And still does not work. Whatever - wiz is broken at high MP imo when freeze is only option.

I can do CM without freeze on mp10. Told you before Aimless.
Reply Quote

I tanked MP10 Ubers last night without frost nova. Aimless is just ign'ant, dawg! Also i posted a video of a nova-less MP8 build run earlier in the thread.

11/29/2012 02:14 PMPosted by RulerEric
it you press cast storm chaser it will do a wand attack instead of a move which i can inturrpt 1ms later with a healing blade cast

My opinion is that you can get around this problem by simply not pressing storm chaser when you don't have the AP for it. I often just hold down my sig spell on right click and then hit my spender on left click whenever my AP goes above 50% sorta thing, don't even need to let go of right click.
Reply Quote
I don't see Scramble help much when you can just Worm Hole around. I personally enjoy the defense boost from Ice Armor, and CB works with it too. I avoid using Nova with this build because I just don't like it, yes I know Nova is very good, but I use this build while expecting no Nova.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Dragonfly

I tanked MP10 Ubers last night without frost nova. Aimless is just ign'ant, dawg! Also i posted a video of a nova-less MP8 build run earlier in the thread.

11/29/2012 02:14 PMPosted by RulerEric

My opinion is that you can get around this problem by simply not pressing storm chaser when you don't have the AP for it. I often just hold down my sig spell on right click and then hit my spender on left click whenever my AP goes above 50% sorta thing, don't even need to let go of right click.

that is hard to do at higher attack per second. Most of the time i am focused on planting attacks and angle, ap would just be too much to manage.

11/29/2012 09:05 PMPosted by novice
I don't see Scramble help much when you can just Worm Hole around. I personally enjoy the defense boost from Ice Armor, and CB works with it too. I avoid using Nova with this build because I just don't like it, yes I know Nova is very good, but I use this build while expecting no Nova.

scramble makes me go at 49ms. When i move fast monster speed is increased and they come to me faster. Its like the whole game is faster. Wormhole gets me thru the dead zones. Ya the build started out as no nova. But now i have a nova and but no diamond skin. Nova works better on chain nightmarish / knock back. 15% crit chance nova is a good dps boost and good cm boost. I should make a new topic.
Reply Quote
Is there any way to outperform Nova :(
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:15 AMPosted by novice
Is there any way to outperform Nova :(

shards almost did it in mp3 for me but those chain crowd control hits :(. Nightmarish, Knockback, slowtime, nova is our WOTB

added a act3 sample with my new 560m ring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usv1HZv6wM&feature=youtu.be

Will capture a act2 mp3 run tomorrow.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/30/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
I added a video using time warp instead of nova, it is viable but nova is better solo for sure. Too many "edge cases" where nova is better.
Reply Quote
Hey, I just asked for feedback over in my build compendium about whether builds like this one should have their own section. I figured you might have something to say about that. Head over there if you do: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930?page=5#94

Okay, y'all, discussion time: Should I add a new "Melee Wiz" section?

I've seen a couple builds now:

-the Buff Wiz linked in the OP
-Rock's new spectral build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199403658
-RulerEric's no-spinup build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199910399

...that might deserve their own section. The builds are very dependent on CM, which makes me kind of want to toss them into CM-based, but they don't play the same as CM/WW and its variants (more stutter-stepping forward with SB, no WW-based windup period, permafreeze optional). They also don't seem to suck enough and there are too many of them for me to want to toss them into Other. Should I make a new section for them? If so, what should I call it?
Reply Quote
added 2 videos using glasscannon and 1 that used glasscannon and soj. Its better then i expected.
Reply Quote
View profile
Eric - have u tried power hungry? I find it very useful to wormhole to next pack immediately. Seems like AP was always empty right after a skirmish so I found myself walking more than I like so I switched illusionist to Power Hungry and no more AP issue. I can see why you guys like your lacunis now.

Anyway here is final build I've settled in on up to MP 5 no freeze well sometimes. Insane DPS with jagged ice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQXWhf!TgZ!cZcYcb
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/5/2012 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Eric - have u tried power hungry? I find it very useful to wormhole to next pack immediately. Seems like AP was always empty right after a skirmish so I found myself walking more than I like so I switched illusionist to Power Hungry and no more AP issue. I can see why you guys like your lacunis now.

Anyway here is final build I've settled in on up to MP 5 no freeze well sometimes. Insane DPS with jagged ice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQXWhf!TgZ!cZcYcb

Ya it can be a issue i have been just slowing down the last second of battle to save arcane. I have scramble and do mp3; If i get hit i don't wormhole i save it. I can't give up dps for the arcane lol, glasscannon now, in the future conflageration. It does take some micro but it easy micro compared to meteor.
Reply Quote
Actually upon further testing i am find Astral Presence to be better see I hit space bar alot that does a force attack and now i can do like 4 storm chasers (135/35) at times while in taxi and to pre-place while a pack move to me just like the good old storm chaser days.

Just did a mp3 with Astral Presence
3:45 vault
10:00 mine, sailing 1, ruins, road
16:00 path to oasis, both oasis center quest, swampy cellar, kw

I think Astral Presence might be best now.

@Aimless If i was to use power hungry i would use frozen storm and cold blooded also. With power hungry/cold blooded/frozen storm/shards/chain reaction/storm chaser/healing blades/wormhole
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/5/2012 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Astral Presence a great idea Eric, will try that sometime.

Great suggestions from all y'all - this is a FUN build :) ... i am running wand though (not profile equipment obviously) since i dont want to use the beak helm...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]