Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
How about a plan that can drop that will allow you to add a socket to an item? This will only work by removing a current stat on the Item. This would limit the influx of godly items and remove others from the game. You could even have the plan consume itself after so you have to farm for the plans each time you want to rework an item.
I think this would be an incredible feature, especially if it was a random stat from the item. Maybe you could have two or three "tiers" of risk & reward, multiplied by the fact that there are pages and books--you could randomly remove one stat for two sockets, or choose a stat for one socket. Either way, after you add a socket or two, the item should no longer be able to have anything added to it anymore. I think that'd probably stop people from ALL having great items with sockets instead of stats they don't need... This way you'd have to farm for weapons and plans if you wanted to random roll the stat you didn't need for the bigger reward of two sockets.
removing a stat on the currently item is hardly a trade off at all. Might as well just say, "add a socket to an item". If the goal is to limit people from crafing godly items, how about the following?
- Add a socket but the item becomes account bound (i.e. no trading/selling)
- Add a socket but 1 random stat gets divided by 2
- Add a socket at the cost of another item thats of the same type. E.g. sacifice a skorn for an additional socket on another skorn
- Give a non-linear cost increase on sockets. e.g. first socket on the account = 100k gold, next socket = 1 million gold, 3rd time adding a socket = 100 million gold...etc This will act as a gold sink to remove golds from the market.
Edited by ricerocket#1255 on 12/18/2012 8:21 AM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.