Diablo® III

Sockets... Risk vs. Reward

How about a plan that can drop that will allow you to add a socket to an item? This will only work by removing a current stat on the Item. This would limit the influx of godly items and remove others from the game. You could even have the plan consume itself after so you have to farm for the plans each time you want to rework an item.
Reply Quote
Nice spark of an idea. More item diversity for gamers to have

kindly check my idea as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199402346

Thanks,
Reply Quote
wouldn't it also be nice if two-handed weapons have a base number of 2 sockets
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Or just remove sockets from every current weapon in the game, and don't allow weapons to roll sockets anymore.
Reply Quote
I think this would be an incredible feature, especially if it was a random stat from the item. Maybe you could have two or three "tiers" of risk & reward, multiplied by the fact that there are pages and books--you could randomly remove one stat for two sockets, or choose a stat for one socket. Either way, after you add a socket or two, the item should no longer be able to have anything added to it anymore. I think that'd probably stop people from ALL having great items with sockets instead of stats they don't need... This way you'd have to farm for weapons and plans if you wanted to random roll the stat you didn't need for the bigger reward of two sockets.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Ejwheeleriv
How about a plan that can drop that will allow you to add a socket to an item? This will only work by removing a current stat on the Item. This would limit the influx of godly items and remove others from the game. You could even have the plan consume itself after so you have to farm for the plans each time you want to rework an item.

removing a stat on the currently item is hardly a trade off at all. Might as well just say, "add a socket to an item". If the goal is to limit people from crafing godly items, how about the following?

- Add a socket but the item becomes account bound (i.e. no trading/selling)
or
- Add a socket but 1 random stat gets divided by 2
or
- Add a socket at the cost of another item thats of the same type. E.g. sacifice a skorn for an additional socket on another skorn
or
- Give a non-linear cost increase on sockets. e.g. first socket on the account = 100k gold, next socket = 1 million gold, 3rd time adding a socket = 100 million gold...etc This will act as a gold sink to remove golds from the market.
Edited by ricerocket#1255 on 12/18/2012 8:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]