Diablo® III

3rd party program question

I have a question about botting and other 3rd party programs.. Would it be against the rules to have a 3rd party program running on a single player mode? I mean I understand you logg on to D3 through Battle.net, but do they have that authority to ban you from something that you got with no intention of playing as a online MMO game? I guess I'm trying to say is if D3 didn't logg in through Battle.net then Blizzard has no right to tell us to use 3rd party software nor could they know if you're botting because you're playing single player mode. You could argue that it gives an unfair advantage to other players who wont use it(even thought there is no god damn pvp to make it such a big deal..) but D3 has you automatically online, even in single player mode. Therefore if you wan't to just screw around with glitches and hacks on single player mode, you can't because you might get banned over a single player mode 3rd party program. and lets be honestly with ourselfs here and admit it gets boring as hell to do the same story line over and over again..

And no. I am not asking for 3rd party programs to be allowed on D3 it's just I have been wondering about it for awhile and hoping someone could give me a reason I should get banned for using a 3rd party program on D3 single player mode (that is forcing you to be online to play it I mind you).
Reply Quote
offline mode, you could bot safe. The warden would not pick you up. Blizzard games are well known for bots/third party software. If i was reading correctly they are using the same warden from D2, which does not pick up much.
Reply Quote
Irrelevant question is irrelevant.
Reply Quote
problem is... how to tell the difference? if we all could play offline, use bots, etc.. then log in and sell the goods. How would it be fair? it wouldnt. So, plain and simple.... dont use bots.

and really whats the point? you buy a game to play it.... not to let it play itself.
Reply Quote
I don't want to bot I was just wondering. Point is can they ban you for using a 3rd party program on single player (without offline mode). 3rd party programs doesn't have to be only bots. Could use a stat changer program or whatever.
Reply Quote
D3 Offline mode vs D2 Offline mode is a huge difference. Yes D3 not on public servers and running by yourself can get yourself banned. You still log onto Bnet, which you still have the warden.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Losty
I don't want to bot I was just wondering. Point is can they ban you for using a 3rd party program on single player (without offline mode). 3rd party programs doesn't have to be only bots. Could use a stat changer program or whatever.

Yes you will get banned
Reply Quote
If you COULD play the game offline, unplug your internet you could do whatever you wanted, If a frog had wings it would not bump it's backside when landing.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out this recent blog post for further information.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Vaeflare
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.

Yet those who continue to use LOOT ALERT while streaming, showing evidence as such, are left alone because? They are also multi-boxing(which i understand is fine)which uses another third party program to run 3 of the "bots"

yet, i always see blue posts stating, third party programs are not permitted...but fail to see some of them banned, even when they are presenting themselves right in front of you for the taking.
Reply Quote
Can't play the game on a laptop if there isn't broadband around.
Can't play the game on my main when internet goes down (doesn't happen much, but it's a fact).
Can't even put the game on pause when I want to, as long as I want to.

This game really needs an off-line version: no internet, no gah, no rmah, no spam, no bots (except your own if you want to).

From what I've read on this forum so far, this 'always online' thing didn't help ONE BIT. Bots and spam is as insane as it was (or maybe still is) on D2; it only causes discomfort!
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Sutex
Regardless of what modes you intend to play -- if you enjoy solo-play or playing with friends -- third-party software of any kind is not permitted in conjunction with Diablo III. I would highly suggest you check out [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012"]this recent blog post[/url] for further information.

Yet those who continue to use LOOT ALERT while streaming, showing evidence as such, are left alone because? They are also multi-boxing(which i understand is fine)which uses another third party program to run 3 of the "bots"

yet, i always see blue posts stating, third party programs are not permitted...but fail to see some of them banned, even when they are presenting themselves right in front of you for the taking.

haha yeah like NoobKongor for example :D
Reply Quote
The ToS clearly states : "If at any point you find yourself having fun, please fill out a report stating when and where and post in the Bug Report area of the forums. The item and area in question will be removed at our earlierest convenience, if confirmed, via patch or hotfix."

Need to read it closer
Reply Quote
only losers use bots. childish, lazy kids. Go put some hard earned time into your account and dont use cheats.
Reply Quote
thats precisely the reason why this is an online log in game because they can monitor better the type of suspsicious activity. Too bad it really has done nothing to stop the bad guys.
Reply Quote
They didn't create the game so you could "mess around" with cracks, hacks, bots, etc. You really don't have any right to do that... the tone of your post seems like you think you do...If one wants to break the TOS by doing this then they do it at their own risk.

Really not sure what you are asking...

11/27/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Losty
I guess I'm trying to say is if D3 didn't logg in through Battle.net then Blizzard has no right to tell us to use 3rd party software nor could they know if you're botting because you're playing single player mode.

Correct. I assume this is part of the reason there is no offline mode.

11/27/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Losty
(even thought there is no god damn pvp to make it such a big deal..)

You lost me here, losty.
Edited by leaf#1621 on 11/27/2012 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
I know a guy who is still botting the past 5 months. He has not gotten banned at all.
I've reported him at least 5 times now with his own chat admitting that he bots.
He continues to bot even right now and he said he doesn't even care.
Yet, he never gets banned.
So I have to keep reporting him every week? every month? What do I have to do?? Bliz answer me please.
He has 3000 hours play time with 200+ mil gold picked up and 60K elite kills as of this moment.
Reply Quote
The ToS clearly states : "If at any point you find yourself having fun, please fill out a report stating when and where and post in the Bug Report area of the forums. The item and area in question will be removed at our earlierest convenience, if confirmed, via patch or hotfix."

Need to read it closer

Wow you are so funny.
/sarcasm off
Reply Quote
On a legal basis -- You purchase conditional rights to use the software when you buy a video game. You by no means have any ownership of it. Whenever you buy a game, whether it be online, offline, LAN, etc -- you do not have any explicit rights to using third party programs on the game unless defined otherwise by the Terms of Service.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]