Diablo® III

Rakkis Crossing Lag Spikes

Hey everyone,
I have a great computer, never any problems with anything else, run 70-110ms max, run on all max settings, same with WOW. I never get any stuttering, or any problems in general except something in the last few weeks.

In Rakkis Crossing, after you past the door to the cellar store, you head up some stairs to the next section and there is always a ton of fire and a ton of mobs. EVERY single time i get a huge lag spike once i start CM/WWing. Doesn't matter if I play single, or with group play, it just a huge lag spike and slows and I usually end up dieing. Second time, everything is fine.

Seems like this is a common issue for wizards:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199032527
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Same here, extreme lag on rakkis and on COOP (archon wiz). I run with max settings with a HD7970 Card I52500k @ 4Ghz 16 GB RAM

Shouldn't happen !
Devs wake up !
Edited by alpahc#2190 on 3/17/2013 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had the same problem until today. I was telling my friends I didn't want to do Rakki's because my computer couldn't handle it, someone in my party told me to lower my Sound Settings. I lowered it from 32-bit (Lower) to 16-bit (Lowest) and I haven't had any fps problems at Rakki's since.

This may help you too.
Reply Quote
Had the same issue, it falls under the hdd not being able to keep up problem.

I installed the mpqs folder to a flash drive today and have had no problems so far

and I was able to turn my sound back up to 5.1 surround :)
Edited by Hotrod#1963 on 3/17/2013 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I had the same problem until today. I was telling my friends I didn't want to do Rakki's because my computer couldn't handle it, someone in my party told me to lower my Sound Settings. I lowered it from 32-bit (Lower) to 16-bit (Lowest) and I haven't had any fps problems at Rakki's since.

This may help you too.

Unfortunatly I couldn't try this fix, setting sound to 16 bits resulted in garbled audio from time to time on my PC
Edited by alpahc#2190 on 3/17/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Had the same issue, it falls under the hdd not being able to keep up problem.

I installed the mpqs folder to a flash drive today and have had no problems so far

and I was able to turn my sound back up to 5.1 surround :)

I have everything installed on a SDD.
Reply Quote
[I FIXED MINE]
I had this very same problem, I bought a new computer, and still had the problem.
I increased my sound from 32-bit to 64-bit and haven't had the problem since.
Edited by Kornholio#1299 on 3/19/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]