Diablo® III

Post What Your Battletag Means

Mine was "derived" from the game series Ultima by Richard Garriot
(although I misspelled it ).

The following gives some of its history:

The Lycaeum was built before Ultima IV. Back then, it was still a castle, but had an observatory built in. The observatory vanished by Ultima V, but otherwise, the Lycaeum stayed the same all over, still being a castle. It was there, where one of the Shadowlords was destroyed by the Avatar by casting its shard into the Flame of Truth.

The Lycaeum was totally changed by Ultima VI. The fortress was converted into a huge library, with all fortifications removed. Also, a huge cellar under the Lycaeum was built, while buildings appeared around it, to house the facilities that had been removed from it.

By the time of Ultima VII, the Lycaeum hadn't changed much, however, the city had literally grown around it, making it essentially a part of Moonglow by then.
Reply Quote
Seraph has always been my favorite name for fantasy characters. Unfortunately, somebody always has just Seraph, plus I'm no holy angel so dark works just fine.

And yes, I did steal it from the Chinese guy from Matrix Reloaded.
Reply Quote
Canadian band Rush - Tom Sawyer

If you don't know this song... well you don't know what's music !
Exactly!
Reply Quote
Wonko the Sane from the Hitchiker's Guide books of Douglas Adams

He figured out he was the only sane human when he saw instructions on a box of toothpicks

Wonko the Sane is always taken so I use wonko-whatevernumber is available-
Edited by wonko33#1278 on 11/30/2012 11:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
i bring the party. its like when i show up ppl can say "hey its siparti!" its a party now my peeps
Reply Quote
Etxebe is related to my surname, and rachel and sienna are some famous actress some of you may recognize.
Reply Quote
Rokytaski: Rokitansky-Aschoff sinuses : are pseudodiverticula or pockets in the wall of the gallbladder.

:D i just like the name :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Rokitansky-Aschoff_sinus_in_a_case_of_chronic_cholecystitis.JPG/230px-Rokitansky-Aschoff_sinus_in_a_case_of_chronic_cholecystitis.JPG
Reply Quote
My character names come from the excellent series of books called the "Abhorsen Trilogy" by Garth Nix.
Reply Quote
My name is the same name I used for my World of Warcraft Orc Warrior character that I started at the very end of Vanilla. Orc ---> Barbarian isn't too far off of a transition, I don't believe. Same main character for five and a half years. Haven't been able to get into Mists of Pandaria yet, maybe sometime next year. Awesome thread, OP.

Cheers.

-Straag-

Can you respond to important threads, and increase their post-cap too, rather than this pointless thread? thanks

QQ some more.
Reply Quote
Sadly, mine's just the name I randomized when I started playing WoW. Good ol' Pally....
Reply Quote
Mine is the gibberish that originated from "let's brawl" from smash bros
Reply Quote
When I first started coming to the Bnet forums years ago, I thought 99% of the forum posters where babies. I picked the handle dad and i have used it ever since
Reply Quote
Mine is from the Imperial Guard Mythos in Warhammer 40k. My toon names are also usually derived from 40k, Carnifex and Hive Tyrant to name a few.

Though my Amazons/DemonHunters have always been called BigGuns (read as 1 unbroken word) because it fits and I'm perverted.
Reply Quote
Theoldred Hasswaglar is a character I invented on a fan fiction site for the Wheel of Time. Great books by the way if you haven't read and want to do something else when not mashing away on D3. :)

Unfortunately, the site went away along with alot of Theoldred's history...lol, otherwise I'd link to the stories.
Reply Quote
Why, it's an homage to one of the best lyricists of any generation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoS5X4SMrY
Reply Quote
Honestly I just loved flying and or mowing down soldiers with the huey in BFBC2:Vietnam, one of the songs on the radio was the ride of the valkyrie, as was the name of an achievement for the game. The UH 1 helicopter was the name for the Huey, and i just pictured it as the valkyrie itself, so there it is, uh1valkyrie.
Reply Quote
Theoldred Hasswaglar is a character I invented on a fan fiction site for the Wheel of Time. Great books by the way if you haven't read and want to do something else when not mashing away on D3. :)

Unfortunately, the site went away along with alot of Theoldred's history...lol, otherwise I'd link to the stories.

Wheel of Time is my favorite series of books. R.I.P. Robert Jordan. But at least Game of Thrones series is almost as appealing :)
Reply Quote

Great books, I started reading those after i finished the first 3-4 installments of the Game of Thrones (before it became an HBO series), I only made it through the first 7-8 books before getting distracte( Matrim Cauthon, and A Lan Mandragoran were my favorite male characters). Seriously I recommend anyone to at least read the first book.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]