Diablo® III

Post What Your Battletag Means

Soul...... Gone......
Reply Quote
BoughanFire = my last name Boughan (pronounced bon) + fire = bonfire nickname ive had n used for all my gamertags and email n such for over a decade now, got stuck with it at a kegger i threw. the fire i had going got the fire department called n the name ended up sticking.
Reply Quote
The name of a song from one of the absolute - hands down - best live bands EVER! Phish... Trey melts faces and I figure that I do the same in diablo so.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyx8xJnIhX0 1:49 on is straight up ripping holes in peoples perception on reality.

Phish was (and still is) such a huge part of my life. I basically lived on tour with them every Fall, Summer and Winter. Worked when I could to get some money and sold hand blown glass to pay for gas/beer/weed/!@# etc... Followed them from 93'-95' then I took a break in 96' and went back for the funk in 97' Just recently went to some shows at Dick's Sporting Good's Park in CO and they blew me away after all these years. The first and second set spelled out the name of one of their songs "F**K Your Face" then they played that song and a couple others, it was amazing. --- http://phish.net/setlists/?d=2012-08-31 --- They are considered the successors to the Grateful Dead but they are so much more and can take you so much farther with their music. It's hard to "get it" but once you do... you'll never go back. You never meet a Phish fan that just "kinda" likes them. It's all out crazy fandom (like me) or absolute hatred.

Share the groove!

Edit: Plus i'm extremely mellow, slow and lazy! :)
Edited by TheSloth#1666 on 12/2/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Cynicism (Greek: κυνισμός), in its original form, refers to the beliefs of an ancient school of Greek philosophers known as the Cynics (Greek: Κυνικοί, Latin: Cynici). Their philosophy was that the purpose of life was to live a life of Virtue in agreement with Nature.

Also, Cynic is one of my favorite bands and their bassist Sean Malone is probably my largest musical influence.
Reply Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_consciousness
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hive_Mind#.ULufpYNZWSo
Reply Quote
Its supposed to be jimbobsonofgod (from robin Williams HBO special for those that don't know the reference) but it was too long so I went with jimbob.
Reply Quote
66 Gnome Rogue
Asmodaeus:

The Persian Asmodai
In Mazdeism, Æshma-deva (Asmodai) is the chief of all demons, a personal being under direct command of Angra Mainyu, the principle of evil, and the enemy of Sraoscha, one of the suras or angels that serve Ahura Mazdah, the principle of good (see dualism). Æshma's mission is to fill the hearts of men with anger and vengeful desires, and to create all evil on Earth. He incites men to abandon the path of good and follow that of evil. It could never be proved that Æshma was a demon of carnal desire, as was also an early !@#$ predecent, another demon mentioned in Mazdeism. Avestan Æshma is cognate with modern Persian language kheshm.

Asmodai in Judaism
In Judaism Asmodai appears in the Book of Tobit and the Talmud.

Note, however, that the Book of Tobit is not part of the established Jewish Canon. In the Book of Tobit, Asmodai falls in love with Sarah, daughter of Raguel, and kills her husband each time she gets married. In this way, he killed seven men on their wedding night, thus impeding the consummation of the sexual act. After this, Sarah becomes engaged to a young man called Tobias. Tobias is menaced by the demon and receives the aid of the angel Raphael. Raphael teaches Tobias how to deal with the demon, making him catch a fish and put its heart and liver on lit coals. This produces a vapour that makes Asmodai flee to Egypt, where Raphael binds him. More about the demon's fate in this story is unknown, but here he is presented as feeling carnal desire as well as having evil behaviour.

In the Talmud, Asmodai seems not to be the evil creature he is in other books. However, there are some legends concerning Asmodai and King Solomon. One of them tells that King Solomon tricked the demon and obliged him to collaborate in building the temple of Jerusalem. In another legend Asmodai changed place for some years with King Solomon. Yet another legend tells that Asmodai is the king of all demons, comparable to the Christian notions of Satan, and married Lilith after she left Adam.

Asmodai in demonology
The importance given to Asmodai in demonology is less than in Judaism, being considered somewhat lower to other hellish authorities by most Christian demonologists (according to The Lesser Key of Solomon he is the thirty second in rank), but all of them coincide on his duty, being this to exacerbate carnal desire.

In the Testament of Solomon (dated 1st - 3rd centuries CE) , Solomon invokes Asmodeus to aid in the construction of the Temple. The demon appears and predicts Solomon's kingdom will one day be divided.

"My constellation (is like an animal which) reclines in its den in heaven; some men call me the Great Bear, but others the Offspring of a Dragon. Moreover, a smaller constellation accompanies my constellation, for the high position and throne of my father is always in the sky. So do not ask me so many things, Solomon, for eventually your kingdom will be divided. This glory of yours is temporary. You have us to torture for a little while; then we shall disperse among human beings again with the result that we shall be worshiped as gods because men do not know the names of the angels who rule over us." - Testament of Solomon 5:4-5

When Solomon interrogated Asmodeus further, he learned that Asmodeus was thwarted by the angel, Raphael, as well as sheatfish found in the rivers of Assyria. He also admitted he hated water.

In the Malleus Maleficarum (1486), he was considered the demon of lust, to which agreed Sebastian Michaelis saying that his adversary is St. John. To some demonologists of the 16th Century, that assigned each month to a demon, Asmodai's power is stronger in November. According to other demonologists his zodiacal sign is Aquarius but only between the dates of January 30 and February 8, he has seventy-two legions of demons under his command, and is one of the kings of Hell (Lucifer being the emperor). They also add to his mission that of inciting gambling, as he was said to be overseer of all the gambling houses in the court of Hell; and some Catholic theologians compared him with Abaddon. To other authors this demon is considered a prince of revenge and protector of male h o mo s e x ua lity, - h o mo s e x ua lity being one of his methods of seduction. In the Dictionnaire Infernal by Collin de Plancy he is depicted with the chest of a man, c o c k legs, serpent tail, three heads (one of a man spitting fire, one of a ram, and one of a bull), riding a lion with dragon wings and neck, all of these creatures being associated with either lasciviousness, lust and revenge.

Other spellings: Æshma (Old Persian), Æshma-dæva, Ashmadia, Ashmedai (Hebrew), Asmodaios (Greek), Asmoday, Asmodée (French), Asmodee, Asmodei, Asmodeios, Asmodeo (Spanish, from a Latin declination), Asmodeius, Asmodeus (Latin, as he is known in most translations of the Book of Tobit), Asmodi, Chammaday, Chashmodai, Sidonay, Sydonai.
Edited by Asmodaeus#1438 on 12/2/2012 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Life is but a passing. Death is eternal.
Reply Quote
It means Eight Cats
Reply Quote
I have no idea.
Reply Quote
Named after just some guy from just some game.
Reply Quote
Mine means cellular death. I'm a nurse BTW.
Reply Quote
b r a d - add the aks - there you go.
Reply Quote
CostoModgen comes from Star Trek DS9. When I first saw the episode on its first run.... over a decade ago... (just realized I'm old lol) I heard the name that I spelled "CostoModgen" but years later after I purchased the DVDs I put on the subtitles and saw its correct spelling...

Kost Amojen (or something similar) so yeah... CostoModgen is a bastardization, but it is my bastardization!

I've had the handle in every game that I've played and I've only had 1 person recognize the reference! I thought there were more Star Trek dorks out there!
Reply Quote
We all know WIRT as the peg leg vendor in diablo, but "oda" comes from the meaning of my name Cody: which stands for Son of Oda. I ahve always used son of oda as my handle on anything, but my clan (group or real life friends) aggreed on xWIRTx as our clan so yea...
Reply Quote
Many years ago I needed a name for some random MMO.I had been playing FF7 sooo...and the 3's are simply my lucky number repeated :)
Reply Quote
Gosu is a Korean word that describes a player of "godlike" skill. This is in comparison to "hasu" meaning mediocre skill, or "chobo" meaning beginner/noob.

I first came upon the word in old Starcraft days and found it to have a particularly humorous connotation.

I later evolved the name into Gosukusan, which is a hybrid between "Gosu" and "Goku San"; the main Character from DragonBallZ, which I also found to be funny sounding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]