Diablo® III

Confused about Nephilim allegory in D3

I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me what calling our hero Nephilem is suppossed to imply. I admittedly have not paid super close attention to the story. Is this suppossed to imply that Kulle and other guardians of hell see our hero as an offspring of angel and female human? Nephilim were almost always very clearly described as great giants however, and this happens across many different ancient texts so I don't think this is the answer.
Reply Quote
You're kinda mixing up biblical "nephilim" with Diablo "nephalem." I believe the reason the characters get called that is because they are, in actuality, offspring of demon/angel hybridization, plus many many generations. The Worldstone was made so it would supress the true potential of the nephalem with each subsequent generation, until eventually all traces of their power were gone and they were considered human. Now that the Worldstone has been destroyed, they are able to tap into their true powers again.

Someone correct me where I'm wrong.
Reply Quote
the implication is that the player-hero has the potential of the nephilum of old; that their powers surpass that of the heavens and the hells. Hence being able to tumble with a manifestation of a of the supreme evil on your lonesome.
Reply Quote
View profile
the origional humans were made by angels and demons and born with a huge amount of power, and were called nephalem. The worldstone (which controlled nephalem power and shielded sanctuary from heavan) was tweaked again to stop this. later on, nephalem returned and pretty much saved the world from a crazy angel, the Burning Hells, and the Angelic Host. They once again died out, and have only recently reappeared (your hero).
Reply Quote
sweet thanks, guys.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]