Diablo® III

Wandering aimlessly in the dark ....

Hi guys, I really am lost and need some help.

I can farm inferno M4/M5 fairly comfortably, but anything beyond that gets difficult in a hurry.

Forget about the Ubers, at this point I am totally ineffective.

I realize I need more DPS, but more importantly some lifesteal or LOH.

If necessary, do I sacrifice health and or All resists to improve this? Which gear needs to be replaced or upgraded. Pretty limited budget, I have about 4 mil to work with.

Flame away if you have to, but some constructive input would be appreciated as well. Thx in advance....
Reply Quote
Let's see, the first thing I notice is your skills - are you using AC or Bears or ? to kill things. Firebomb and Haunt aren't going to do the job. Maybe you can explain what you do?

It looks like you definitely need more all resist (AR) on your gear, too many pieces are missing it. As you upgrade pieces add AR to them when possible. Get your AR over 400 without int resistances.

Armor should be around 4000. Health over 40,000.

Life Steal is only on weapons - so that is out unless you want to change weapons.

Life on hit (LoH) can be found on weapons, jewelry, and on Blackthorn's Jousting Mail (pants). Rings can have up to 450 LoH, Amulets 800, and Jousting mail 480 or so. Get at least 800 LoH right away for MP 4-5. Work it past 1000 or more for long term goal.

Blackthorn's Jousting Mail with two sockets and LoH over 400 would be a good investment for you. They can't roll AR, but they would give you the much needed life on hit and more int and vitality if you can snag a good pair.

You will also need to choose rain of toads (RoT) or Acid cloud (AC) to make life on hit work well.

Everything I told you is about survival, none of it is DPS related.

Your DPS isn't what is limiting you at the moment.
Reply Quote
The skorn you have is probably meant for Barbs since it doesn't have much intelligence. I think you should trade it and try to get one where intelligence is much higher or get a mojo (search by average damage, intelligence and critical hit chance) and a one handed weapon (manajuama is good because it has life steal which is helpful).

Zunimassa's boots would be a help to you, maybe get some vile ward for your shoulders. Pants go with either depth diggers, blackthorne's or inna's. For a belt go with a witching hour or tal rasha's brace. You could probably improve your second ring for pretty cheap on the ah.

I have a bunch of WD stuff I'm selling if you want to message me with how much you have to spend I'm sure we could arrange some type of trade or I could at least tell you what to buy on the AH with what you have.
Reply Quote
Let's see, the first thing I notice is your skills - are you using AC or Bears or ? to kill things. Firebomb and Haunt aren't going to do the job. Maybe you can explain what you do?

It looks like you definitely need more all resist (AR) on your gear, too many pieces are missing it. As you upgrade pieces add AR to them when possible. Get your AR over 400 without int resistances.

Armor should be around 4000. Health over 40,000.

Life Steal is only on weapons - so that is out unless you want to change weapons.

Life on hit (LoH) can be found on weapons, jewelry, and on Blackthorn's Jousting Mail (pants). Rings can have up to 450 LoH, Amulets 800, and Jousting mail 480 or so. Get at least 800 LoH right away for MP 4-5. Work it past 1000 or more for long term goal.

Blackthorn's Jousting Mail with two sockets and LoH over 400 would be a good investment for you. They can't roll AR, but they would give you the much needed life on hit and more int and vitality if you can snag a good pair.

You will also need to choose rain of toads (RoT) or Acid cloud (AC) to make life on hit work well.

Everything I told you is about survival, none of it is DPS related.

Your DPS isn't what is limiting you at the moment.

Thx for the input ... I been putzin around with the skills, but at the moment I am using AC/acid rain rune and bears.

Guess my AR from gear is around 325, your suggesting 400 so has to come up. It does seem that LOH or LS is still my main problem but the DPS is way low compared to decent WD's
Reply Quote
The skorn you have is probably meant for Barbs since it doesn't have much intelligence. I think you should trade it and try to get one where intelligence is much higher or get a mojo (search by average damage, intelligence and critical hit chance) and a one handed weapon (manajuama is good because it has life steal which is helpful).

Zunimassa's boots would be a help to you, maybe get some vile ward for your shoulders. Pants go with either depth diggers, blackthorne's or inna's. For a belt go with a witching hour or tal rasha's brace. You could probably improve your second ring for pretty cheap on the ah.

I have a bunch of WD stuff I'm selling if you want to message me with how much you have to spend I'm sure we could arrange some type of trade or I could at least tell you what to buy on the AH with what you have.

You are definitely correct about the skorn. My WD gear is kind of the "glass half full or half empty" strategy. Its all items I have been fortunate enough to find, but it really doesnt quite do the job. As far as cash, Ive got around 4 million (so quite limited). I will msg u sometime, thx for the help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]