Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Fair enough Druin, I shall not push you further =) .Someone mention that your guide will be useless after plvl 100, well I would say this build main point is the speed not the exp gain. Mp0 ftw!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
12/10/2012 09:33 PMPosted by BabyM
Fair enough Druin, I shall not push you further =) .Someone mention that your guide will be useless after plvl 100, well I would say this build main point is the speed not the exp gain. Mp0 ftw!

I still Tempest Rush farm when I want loot.

I can smash MP10 and it is just worse ... TR MP0 ftw! :D
Reply Quote
Druin, just wanted to say thanks to your guide I'm quickly moving up PL and also finding a good bit of decent loot:)

Before I saw the guide I tried messing around with TR but never really gave it a shot...once I saw the guides and tried it, I messed around with skill set up and gear until I finally made the "best" for my own character and haven't looked back.

I actually invested in an AR Inna's set (just for farming PL), which allowed me to drop the OwE "mandatory" passive, and it allowed me to go to chant of resonance for the extra 2 per sec spirit regen. This in turn allowed me to ditch MoH (circular boom for the spirit regen), so I could run MoC (like you suggest in your guide). I should say that I don't have spirit regen on my amulet (so therefore the fancy give and take between gear/skills to get me to my 12 per second spirit regen threshold) which I finally did hit.

Now I'm set up quite nicely with 100K damage unbuffed and speed/spirit regen is not an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Druin,

Awesome guide. I don't know if it's been suggested, but what are your thoughts on using Leoric's Signet instead of SoJ?

Let's say that instead of farming 80M xp/hr you could only do 70. Well the ring would take that to 91M

What do you think?
Reply Quote
[quote]Wow... just took the time to read this. Excellent work Druin!!

...and I must say, you make me wanna spec for TR now O_O

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the support! :D

TR is pretty darn fun! I would suggest switching over with the cheapest possible gear so you can see what it feels like then, if you like that, go for some better items.

So I made one in the end (see profile), it's awesome!!! Farming MP1 with with set. Was a bit silly, but sunk about 25m into it.
-Xeph ammy
-SOJ (man you have to search ages for one!)
-Skorn
-Inna's Radiance
-Inna's Vast Expanse
-Some Emeralds

I'll keep tweaking it, but mega thanks on the build! A bit of fresh air from the TC/SW cookie cutter. Infinite TR FTW!

Thanks!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Druin, just wanted to say thanks to your guide I'm quickly moving up PL and also finding a good bit of decent loot:)

You are sincerely welcome!

I am glad that you are giving TR another shot as it can be pretty off-putting if you don't have the right setup (kills soooooooooooooo slowly).

Druin,

Awesome guide. I don't know if it's been suggested, but what are your thoughts on using Leoric's Signet instead of SoJ?

Let's say that instead of farming 80M xp/hr you could only do 70. Well the ring would take that to 91M

What do you think?

I think, if you have good enough gear, Leoric's is the next logical step to take.

I personally never felt like dropping 100m on a ring when I could be buying AR Inna's pieces and what-not and I have never "struck it rich" so I have never had the luxury of sitting on 1b gold.

That being said, if you make 80m xp/hr without Leoric's and 70m with, you don't get 30% more of 70m and here is why:

Leoric's adds the same buff as a Ruby in helm or stacks of NV this means that 30% more BONUS exp (a stat) =/= 30% true xp (the calc) unless you have 0% bonus exp to start with.

100% of people doing this build should use a ruby in helm (31%) and a hellfire ring (35%).
You will also spend ~50-85% of any given run at 5 stacks of NV (75%)

31+35+75 = 141%

This means for any given 1 xp you would get normally, you now get 2.41 xp.

If you add leoric's to the equation you now have 141 + 30 = 171 bonus exp.

for any given 1 xp you now get 2.71.

2.71 / 2.41 = 1.124 or 12.4% more exp.

Generally, this means your 70m xp/hr will now be 70*1.124 = 78.68m xp/hr which is less than you were making without the Leoric's.

This calc isn't 100% accurate because Leoric's is MUCH more effective when you have 0 stacks of NV
31+35=66 or 1.66*xp
66+30=96 or 1.96*xp
1.96/1.66 = 1.181 or 18.1% more xp

It still is nowhere close to the 30% gain you would hope to be getting.

tl;dr - All things being equal, take the leoric's. If you lose significant farming speed, it isn't worth it. (DO THE MATH!)

So I made one in the end (see profile), it's awesome!!! Farming MP1 with with set. Was a bit silly, but sunk about 25m into it.
-Xeph ammy
-SOJ (man you have to search ages for one!)
-Skorn
-Inna's Radiance
-Inna's Vast Expanse
-Some Emeralds

I'll keep tweaking it, but mega thanks on the build! A bit of fresh air from the TC/SW cookie cutter. Infinite TR FTW!

Thanks!

So glad that you decided to give it a try!!

TR is a really fun way to play (at least for me) because it reminds me so much of D2 where you would kill massive groups of mobs realllllly fast (cow level).

I would highly recommend giving MP0 Act3 a shot though ... nothing in D3 so far can compete with the feeling of TRing into masses upon masses of skeletons in cramped Keeps2 hallways and watching a million nadoes spawn as bones fly everywhere as I ROCKET by! :D
Reply Quote
Druin,

Do you think this SoJ worth the 100M price tag?

http://static.lowyat.net/uploads/attach-42/post-51842-1355270979.jpg

Thanks mate.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Druin,

Thanks mate.

That depends on what 100m gold means to you. If you are sitting on nearly maxed gear, that is a close to BIS SoJ.

I believe BIS SoJ's go for ~300m so it would be "worth it" in a market perspective, yes.

If you can get a full suite of other gear for that 100m you might be better off doing that instead ... hard to tell what the best use of 100m is :D
Reply Quote
Druin,

Thanks mate.

That depends on what 100m gold means to you. If you are sitting on nearly maxed gear, that is a close to BIS SoJ.

I believe BIS SoJ's go for ~300m so it would be "worth it" in a market perspective, yes.

If you can get a full suite of other gear for that 100m you might be better off doing that instead ... hard to tell what the best use of 100m is :D

Thanks for the insight Druin.

Just as I thought as well, that SoJ is quite a bada$$. But as you said, from my current equipment perspective, 100M "should" be better spend on upgrading a few slot.

As my current gear nearly optimized for para levelling, I think im going to hold that 100M and spend it once i got to para level 100.
Reply Quote
so your guide has inspired me to spend all 3.4 million of my gold on spirit regen stuff.... man, i sincerely hope this works!!!!
Reply Quote
oooo i'm nervous! i dunno how i went with my purchases! will have to wait a few hours for kids to go to bed to try it all out!

3.4 million isn't a lot to some, but it's decent amount to me.

1450 dps skorn with 316 dex, 178% crit and socket

helm (not inna's) with 57 dex and 59 vit, and 5.5% crit, socket and 2.13 spirit regen

soj with 1.68 spirit regen, cold damage and cyclone strike 4 spirit reduce (was cheap with decent regen and cold damage)

xeph's with 1 spirit regen, 135 dex, 38 cold resis (my resis) and 345 life regen

gloves and an ammy which are not quite as good as mine, but without attack speed

what do you think???? can i do this??? i don't need LS on the skorn with my insane life per second i run....
Reply Quote
ugh. watching more of your videos, and i reckon my dps is way too low to pull this off efficiently.... waiting for tonight to try it all out...
Reply Quote
can't seem to shake past 85m xp/h and have tried most all the combo of skill setups...any suggestions :/ thanks :D
Reply Quote
If i use the Breath of Heaven follow by Cyclone, does the damage stack up ?
Reply Quote
I finally managed to break the 60 million exp/hour barrier last night. Big thanks to Druin for all his help!

@ Mojo, hope it goes well for you!
Reply Quote
found 2 set items in my first 3 runs! good start. a crappy nat's cloak worth maybe 50k or so and a IK belt with vit. searching similar says worth about 10 - 15 million! making it about the second most valuable thing i have ever found... yes, that's right, and i have been on since launch day. i'm cursed, i tell ya!

gained a paragon lvl too!

working out ok. i only barely get enough spirit when using circular breathing, guardians path and chant of resonance. need more spirit regen!

left a 9% as gloves on too. might swap those out tomorrow. didn't equip my xeph i bought either. figured 1 spirit regen is not worth losing over 12k damage. will sell the xeph back i think.

more spirit regen!!!

thank you, Druin! i tried the TR build before but couldn;t get it to work very well so gave up. this second attempt now is workign much better! i still need sharpening, but much better! thank yoU!
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 12/12/2012 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey there Druin et al., how much do you recon this TR SoJ is worth:
http://imgur.com/XwsHx
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
12/12/2012 03:22 AMPosted by MrMojoRisin
ugh. watching more of your videos, and i reckon my dps is way too low to pull this off efficiently.... waiting for tonight to try it all out...

Oh dear!

I am more than happy to advise you in game about what you can do with the gear you currently have to get the best possible TR results! Just let me know. :D

12/12/2012 03:29 AMPosted by glockjs
can't seem to shake past 85m xp/h and have tried most all the combo of skill setups...any suggestions :/ thanks :D

85m xp/hr is pretty darn high! You would probably benefit from switching to the full TR setup as detailed in my guide as you are most likely running into the "too little damage spread" issue at your level of gear.

That being said, I only infrequently break 90m xp/hr and have topped out at 103m xp/hr so it's not like you are that far off from what I consider to be a pretty good top-end!

12/12/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Vincent79
If i use the Breath of Heaven follow by Cyclone, does the damage stack up ?

The 15% damage buff from Breath of Heaven: Blazing Wrath will increase the damage of your SW and Cyclones by 15% as lon as you have the buff on when you cast SW.

You will only lose this bonus when you let the SW buff icon drop off your character completely.

I finally managed to break the 60 million exp/hour barrier last night. Big thanks to Druin for all his help!

@ Mojo, hope it goes well for you!

Yay Piffle!

/cheer

found 2 set items in my first 3 runs! good start. a crappy nat's cloak worth maybe 50k or so and a IK belt with vit. searching similar says worth about 10 - 15 million! making it about the second most valuable thing i have ever found... yes, that's right, and i have been on since launch day. i'm cursed, i tell ya!

gained a paragon lvl too!

working out ok. i only barely get enough spirit when using circular breathing, guardians path and chant of resonance. need more spirit regen!

left a 9% as gloves on too. might swap those out tomorrow. didn't equip my xeph i bought either. figured 1 spirit regen is not worth losing over 12k damage. will sell the xeph back i think.

more spirit regen!!!

thank you, Druin! i tried the TR build before but couldn;t get it to work very well so gave up. this second attempt now is workign much better! i still need sharpening, but much better! thank yoU!

I am sincerely glad to hear you are enjoying it! I was a bit worried that you would spend all your gold and then hate it, but it looks like we are all good there! :D

That is a very good SoJ! Congrats on your find.

That being said, I would sincerely like to keep this thread as "price-check" free as possible.

If you want to make a separate thread on the monk forums regarding this SoJ I would be happy to assess it to the best of my abilities.

Thanks! :D
Reply Quote

That is a very good SoJ! Congrats on your find.

That being said, I would sincerely like to keep this thread as "price-check" free as possible.

If you want to make a separate thread on the monk forums regarding this SoJ I would be happy to assess it to the best of my abilities.

Apologies, I should have given it a bit more thought before posting :)
Reply Quote
I wonder when Blizzard will have a speed contest for the fastest game run...With stacking movement speed on three pieces of armor and TR 25% and 10% more from fleet footed the build should be called the Usain Bolt build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]