Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Mojo, you can try using exalted soul for a larger pool spirits instead of owe passive. It generates 1.35spirits/s too! Without 4 pieces inna bonus, you might want to consider the 20s sweeping wind rune, so that you won't be refreshing it ever so often. Hope it helps.
Reply Quote

85m xp/hr is pretty darn high! You would probably benefit from switching to the full TR setup as detailed in my guide as you are most likely running into the "too little damage spread" issue at your level of gear.

That being said, I only infrequently break 90m xp/hr and have topped out at 103m xp/hr so it's not like you are that far off from what I consider to be a pretty good top-end!

aye. well i guess it's better to show than tell so i'll link a vid to what im doing. been trying to get ahold of a xeph ammy to play around with to no avail...i think the damn monk guides got people buying them up left and right :P

http://youtu.be/fFWLlBzv4w0
Reply Quote
thanks for the tip, babyM. i will try that!

Druin, profile is showing my setup now, if you can give a couple pointers please? i don't wanna spend a fortune on this. i already have my high MP gear to sink all my gold into.

cheers!
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 12/13/2012 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
heeeeey, got another question: if i were to buy a goldskin and run around, would crazy gold spill out everywhere? do the 3 hits per second all trigger goldskin's proc?

anyone here ever play around with a gold skin???
Reply Quote
oh. my. god.

druin, i freaking love you.

these last 2 nights have been not only my fastest xp, but also the most legendary drops EVER in the shortest time.

found a 193 intelligence, 2 soc depth diggers and was pretty chuffed.

then, OMG time. lacuni. 85 dex, 33 arcane resis, 6% crit. yes, 6%.

Druin, i could kiss you, if i could track you down.

so i am going to invest some of the gold from my lacuni sale (up for offers, everyone!) into this build and sharpen it up. i'm having dps and low HP issues a bit. i feel i can be far far more efficient.

shout out to BabyM. exalted soul put my spirit regen up where it needs to be. however, losing OWE, combined with my low health has led to a few deaths tonight.

Druin, where do you reckon my best investment would be for this build? please don't say 4-piece inna's! i wanna be able to keep my base life regen gear, if i can, and work around it.

before tonight, my biggest ticket item ever was a puzzle ring i sold for 14 million at the time.

big high-five goes out to you!!!!! gimme a fist-bump!

edit: did i just triple-post?? i'm on a west australian time zone; you must all me asleep over there!
Edited by MrMojoRisin#6850 on 12/13/2012 6:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Would it be feasible to do TR on MP0 with two monks at the same time? Or would the increased health be too much for the extra dmg to take over?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@MrMojoRisin

1. Get full Inna's asap!

2. Goldkin? lol no clue! Gold find has never been my thing. I like loot and I like xp but gold is too boring of a thing to think about collecting ;)

3. AHDFGsf'adsghsgsfhgfsdauf;ghAHADF ... those Lacu's ...........................................................................................................................................................................................

Okay then.

Sell them for the billion or w/e you can get for 6 CC lacu's and buy 4 piece inna's a TR crit SoJ with 2 spir/sec, Zuni boots and, if you can find one, 8%+ CC Xeph ammy with 2+spir/sec.

Aim to drop OWE so that you can pick up fleet. This means getting non-single resist rolls on your Inna's. (Vit/armor/AR instead)

Good luck you sly dog! <3

Would it be feasible to do TR on MP0 with two monks at the same time? Or would the increased health be too much for the extra dmg to take over?

It would theoretically be possible. Mobs gain 75% more HP and you gain 100% damage ... assuming you both play perfectly and have exactly equal gear.

I would consider running Firestorm on one monk and Cyclone on the other (whoever has higher Crit). Have the Cycloen guy go first and have the firestorm guy clean up after him.
Reply Quote
12/13/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Piffle

Done it quite a few times and it is quite fun - almost balletic - the problem was the guy I run with is too interested in picking up rares to want to continue rushing thru the levels. We have another Monk we play with and I look forward to trying it out with 3 even 4 Monks.

Running with a Barb didn't really work out as well.

Also, it is a great way to power level someone from 0-60. He had just gotten his DH to 100 and wanted to play a Monk next...he had a great time just trying to keep up while I flew thru the beasties in Normal/Hell/Nightmare and finally Inferno content.
Reply Quote
Bought a helm with 1 spirit regen.. 100k
bought a 1400dps skorn with no life steal - 500k..

So far runs have taken about 9 mins.

Nice change of scenery..
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Bought a helm with 1 spirit regen.. 100k
bought a 1400dps skorn with no life steal - 500k..

So far runs have taken about 9 mins.

Nice change of scenery..

Such a big spenda you are! ;)
Reply Quote
Balling balling!!!!!

You may have covered it but I honestly didn't read anything besides skill setup

What do you think of firestorm vs cyclone? Seems like the big radius netted me faster kills..
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/13/2012 10:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Balling balling!!!!!

You may have covered it but I honestly didn't read anything besides skill setup

What do you think of firestorm vs cyclone? Seems like the big radius netted me faster kills..

Anecdotal evidence will tell you that Firestorm is better (as you clearly stated).
I have noticed this every time I use Firestorm.

Empirical testing will tell you that Cyclone is better (as long as you have high crit chance).
I have proven this with millions of excel spreadsheet entries.

Here is why:
As a person, you have a hard time believing things that you don't see and Cyclone does A LOT of its work off the screen. You will always see more monsters die ON your screen with Firestorm but, in total, less mobs are dying.

Note: you will rarely see me with Cyclone equipped anymore because, while you do get XP from mobs that die off screen, you don't get loot. I don't get a lot from XP anymore so Firestorm > Cyclone for loot/hr.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I know what you mean druin. When using FOT/DS, I mostly just down half the mobs and move onto the next pack and let my cyclones finish them off. The thing is I see a ton of tornadoes being procced.

When TRing, I tried to monitor the cyclones being proced and there were very few with leads me to believe. Also, I think gold farming is much more efficient /w firestorm. With my pickup range, using firestorm keeps them within radius to allow me to maximize my gold pickup.

I looked over your guide again and see that I should have been using SSS. That elites were really what took the longest. will try again tonight. Thanks
Reply Quote
I think the hardest part about mastering this build is knowing when your cyclone will take care of the monsters that are left and when it will not. I double back when I shouldn't and probably go on ahead when I shouldn't.

I think for that reason I've seen a bigger variance in exp/hour using Cyclone than using Firestorm. I've gotten my highest exp/hr using Cyclone. Granted, I only tried Firestorm 3-4 times, but it seemed less fun to me. I like cyclones! =D

@Druin thanks for the tip about cyclone first then firestorm.
Reply Quote
yeah i double backed a few times to make sure things were dead, probably wasted a bunch of time doing that
Reply Quote
[quote="73919547368"]

Also, it is a great way to power level someone from 0-60. He had just gotten his DH to 100 and wanted to play a Monk next...he had a great time just trying to keep up while I flew thru the beasties in Normal/Hell/Nightmare and finally Inferno content.

I just tried helping friends level up yesterday with my TR set up...before I would have had to resort to using my WW Barb, but TR faster & more reliable. I got one of my friends from lvl 28 to 60 in less than 3hrs:) I got comments from a friend who knows the barb class inside out (and WW) that TR is better than WW for lower level MP0/1 farming (made my day to hear that)
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7394210006?page=1#0

TR shield + 1h weapon, actually getting more xp/h than using skorn (472983473298 nados)

:)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7394210006?page=1#0

TR shield + 1h weapon, actually getting more xp/h than using skorn (472983473298 nados)

:)

The issue with this build-type is that, while you get more cyclones, they hit for less damage.

This is usually worth it because Cyclones spread damage better so more+less dmg = worth it. Also, Cyclone "super-scales" with Crit Chance (increased damage AND increased proc rate) so it gains damage exponentially.

However, with TR, when you add attack speed, you must give up stats in favor of spir/sec to account for it.

Also, attack speed doesn't increase your dps by the amount it should due to TR's knockback and natural 3x hits/sec.

That being said, if you snapshot SW with a 2h and full SW gear, 1h/shield is flat out better in every way.

Exploiting > not exploiting, who would have thought? ;)
Reply Quote
actually my cyclones hit constantly for 100k-125k critical when i snapshot the EF on DW (and sweeping also snapshots the life steal)

seems deccent enough for mp 0

about what i have to drop to be able to sustain it cause of the spirit consumption; circular breathing instead of submission

considering i spawn x2-x3 more nados, it FEELS more efficent

i may be wrong though :)
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
actually my cyclones hit constantly for 100k-125k critical when i snapshot the EF on DW (and sweeping also snapshots the life steal)

seems deccent enough for mp 0

about what i have to drop to be able to sustain it cause of the spirit consumption; circular breathing instead of submission

considering i spawn x2-x3 more nados, it FEELS more efficent

i may be wrong though :)

As I said, if you snapshot-exploit your SW to do massive damage, the build is simply better than the normal 2h build. However, if you do not, you are missing TONS of damage from your SW:cyclone by using a 1h/shield over a 2h wep. Not to mention the lost DPS from TR and MoC:Sub.

To be fair, if your gear is good enough, I suppose your Cyclones would break passed the "OHK on crit" barrier w/o snapshot-exploiting and that would also make 1h/shield better.

This path only opens up when you have truly god-like gear though because you would need something like 150k+dps with full TR gear on.

Note: you seem to have some of the best possible gear in the game, I would love to see your TR layout with 1h/shield as I think it most likely meets the above "god-like gear" requirement! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]