Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

http://es-es.twitch.tv/borominion/b/347307066

1:20:44 - 1:27:18

there is a run, i'm a bit sloppy at the begining cause i wasn't used to swaping gear yet lol
Reply Quote
View profile
a quick search on the lacuni says it's worth 100 - 200 million, a bit shy of the billion mark. still freaking awesome though
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
12/13/2012 01:13 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
a quick search on the lacuni says it's worth 100 - 200 million, a bit shy of the billion mark. still freaking awesome though

wow that is all? I would think it would be so much more than that ... I soled a 4.5% crit vit/int lacu for 120m when 1.0.5 was newer ... <sigh> at the market dropoff :P

http://es-es.twitch.tv/borominion/b/347307066

1:20:44 - 1:27:18

there is a run, i'm a bit sloppy at the begining cause i wasn't used to swaping gear yet lol

Okay I had a chance to take a look at your run, yes this is a good strategy but it is also 100% exploiting game mechanics so I have no interest in putting it in my guide nor comparing the xp/hr you get with the xp/hr from non-exploit builds.

If you don't mind full gear-swaps, this is a pretty great method though! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 12/13/2012 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
tbh i wouldn't call it an exploit but something based on game mechanichs, you can find posts months old of ppl complaining about the same thing

now, exploit? try exploding palm simultaneous kill for x2-x3-x4 drop

changing gear to get benefits from different things is as old as D2 :)

sorry for my english btw, i speak spanish, u may have noticed it in the video lol
Reply Quote
Druin, incredible guide and awesome work with keeping up with responses in this thread. You've rekindled my interest in Diablo and I didn't think that was going to happen until the PvP patch. =D

I was wondering if you might have a moment to check out my gear and offer some advice on what my smartest upgrades would be. I put together a set last night and went for some runs but the best exp/hr I could pull was around 50-55 and I feel like I should be able to manage much better.

My gear/passives are a little wonky at the moment as I'm experimenting with removing OWE for Exalted Soul and swapping the Templar out for the higher DPS/+cc of the Scoundrel. I also have an SoJ I lucked out on this morning for 10mil that I haven't equipped yet. 2.23 spirit, 4cc TR, 6/29%. I picked up a 9cc Xeph last night for 5mil but decided to resell it as I felt like the additional Spirit was overkill (had a lower SoJ equipped at the time, 1.43 or something).

Anywho, I really don't have much in the way of Energy issues with the current setup. Seldom I will stutter and have to get in a few hits before SSS but this is rare. I feel like the SoJ will take care of this. Do you think my best bet would be to upgrade my Inna's to All Resist set? Honestly, my DPS seems to be one of my biggest hindrances. I think if I could one-sweep everything, including Golgors and such, I would be much more efficient. What do you think would be best to upgrade if I instead went for more DPS instead of All Resist?

Thanks for any advice you can think of!

Edit: Btw, I was running with a LS Skorn but after swapping to a higher DPS non-LS version last night and playing a bit more carefully, I don't notice a huge difference in survivability! Also, I have a budget of 100mil to 120ish to work with on upgrades.
Edited by Winthrop#1750 on 12/13/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
tbh i wouldn't call it an exploit but something based on game mechanichs, you can find posts months old of ppl complaining about the same thing

now, exploit? try exploding palm simultaneous kill for x2-x3-x4 drop

changing gear to get benefits from different things is as old as D2 :)

sorry for my english btw, i speak spanish, u may have noticed it in the video lol

Haha I did notice! :D

I would argue that Sw-snapshot gear-swapping is actually perfectly fits the definition of an exploit.

From Wikipedia:
An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

SW snapshotting specific things and not others is technically the game's mechanics but playing with a low-dps mainhand while a super-buffed SW does all the damage is pretty clearly now how it was intended to be used. Thus, it is an exploit.

It is such a wide-spread and nearly impossible to NOT use exploit that there is little to no chance that you will be punished for it, but I still believe it is an exploit. :D
Reply Quote
I just tried to do TR with a 900 DPS hand fist weapon with 2.50 Spirit Regen and 80+ CD plus an OS and a TR Crit chance high stat shield for Monk...and even though keeping up TR wasn't an issue (I was well over the 12 Spirit per second mark), in comparison to my SKORN I lost about 40K DPS...so I'm not sure how practical it is to do TR with anything less than a 1200 DPS fist weapon (I'm guessing you are wanting to run TR with a one hander and shield correct...or 2 one handers both with Spirit Regen...not clear on that).

Anyways, tried TR with a one hander/shield and wouldn't recommend...takes too long to kill unless you have an amazing fist weapon...but at that point you might as well fork over 50M for a good LS Skorn and be done with it.
Reply Quote
I am in if some of you guys want to do group speed runs I think my monk is up to snuff for group action...
Reply Quote
I just tried to do TR with a 900 DPS hand fist weapon with 2.50 Spirit Regen and 80+ CD plus an OS and a TR Crit chance high stat shield for Monk...and even though keeping up TR wasn't an issue (I was well over the 12 Spirit per second mark), in comparison to my SKORN I lost about 40K DPS...so I'm not sure how practical it is to do TR with anything less than a 1200 DPS fist weapon (I'm guessing you are wanting to run TR with a one hander and shield correct...or 2 one handers both with Spirit Regen...not clear on that).

Anyways, tried TR with a one hander/shield and wouldn't recommend...takes too long to kill unless you have an amazing fist weapon...but at that point you might as well fork over 50M for a good LS Skorn and be done with it.

actually all you have to do is snapshoot the dps before swapping to u'r 1h/shield spec, i'm not using an over-op weap, just a 800+ dps WKL with 2.38 spirit regen & LS

i posted a link to a video where i'm runing it with 70k dps and killing everything MUCH faster than using skorn (u can find it some posts back)
Reply Quote
Random question time...

What's it like having 4 Monks in a party all perma-TR?
I can imagine it being really riduncolous! :P
Reply Quote
Boro, I'm not been rude or anything here, I tried asking about those snapshot mechanic before and Druin was saying let this guide be clean and if someone want to find out, he can always open a new thread and seek the answer. Hope you get what I am trying to say. Peace~
Reply Quote
Is it worthwhile to put +Exp gear on your Templar in addition to a HF ring?

I did that with my WD alt, was wondering how much of a difference I'd actually see.
Reply Quote
Random question time...

Not as good as 3 monks and a forced march barb.
Reply Quote
Is a sword and board viable for this? I sold a board last week that had 10 Crit Chance and some critical chance to Tempest Rush. I dotn remeber the finer details but here was some dex on there too.
Reply Quote
Random question time...

We should let indigo montoya to do his multi box monks using tempest rush.

I would be an awesome sight for sure.

http://www.twitch.tv/d3_inigomontoya
Reply Quote
View profile
still no takers on my lacunis i found, but now built up to 5.5 million through other sales.

what, other than inna's should i upgrade next (maybe after lacuni sale?) i'm thinking i should buy a couple things that would benefit both my regular gear set, and my TR build? like gloves and a higher dex vile ward...?

any suggestions??

i'm kind of turned off by inna's to be honest. it's a bit ugly imho.
Reply Quote
Nice video and explanations. I pretty much just need to change my passives and mantra and I'm there (6% Life steal) but I may just go on a flier and get a ridiculous LoK Skorn for fun too.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote

actually all you have to do is snapshoot the dps before swapping to u'r 1h/shield spec, i'm not using an over-op weap, just a 800+ dps WKL with 2.38 spirit regen & LS

i posted a link to a video where i'm runing it with 70k dps and killing everything MUCH faster than using skorn (u can find it some posts back)

I'm not new I know how to "snapshot SW DPS" and lock it in...I still wasn't killing anywhere near as fast as with my 1360 DPS 260 CD Skorn, I just don't see how a one hander unless it was a daym good one can ever come close to an output that Skorn puts out...
Reply Quote
View profile
how did this thread end up down here? le'me just lift this back up to the top here.

you grab that end, i'll get this end. now just liiiiiiiiiiift. with your knees, mind you! now, push it over to the side that way a bit so i can get a better grip. not that side, this side. okay, got it. now liiiiiiiift up to the top of the thread list. watch your fingers don't get squished!

heave!

phew, that was harder than it looked! hopefully it stays up there now.
Reply Quote
One thing that is a bit unfortunate is that those 3 areas in act III are so much better in terms of mob density that nothing else comes even remotely close. I would gladly give up 5-10 even a bit more exp/hour if I could go farm act II for change. However, any route that I've tried ends up giving me less than half the exp/hour. Has anyone found a route in act II that maybe doesn't give you over 60-70 mil. exp/hour, but at least gives you ~50 or even a bit less? I do realize that in act II you have to do mp1 at least, but still...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]