Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Indeed, I leave from work in another couple of hours.
I want to try this out!! :P
Reply Quote
Druin, what's your farming route? I'm very interested in testing your build against my own MP0 fast farming build, which I dub "Blazing Blitz". It also uses Sweeping Wind + Submission as its base skills, but does not have specific gear requirements like yours does. I am extremely interested in doing this comparison!
Reply Quote
View profile
11/29/2012 03:56 PMPosted by strikerdude
Druin, what's your farming route? I'm very interested in testing your build against my own MP0 fast farming build, which I dub "Blazing Blitz". It also uses Sweeping Wind + Submission as its base skills, but does not have specific gear requirements like yours does. I am extremely interested in doing this comparison!

The video was posted in the original post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlpp4WyhO0
Reply Quote
I don't recommend skipping weapons, rings, ammy, gloves. I found a 900 dps 260 str 100 vita 2.7LS OS mace today TRing.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Zero
I don't recommend skipping weapons, rings, ammy, gloves. I found a 900 dps 260 str 100 vita 2.7LS OS mace today TRing.

I don't skip rings ammy's or 1h ilvl63 weps.

I do skip gloves because, while trifectas are worth something, they are relatively low value per pickup and having to go back to base to empty my inventory was costing me a lot of xp :P

Now that xp isn't a thing, I will almost certainly pick up gloves and bracers.
Reply Quote
In to read more when its updated
Reply Quote
god damn it. chores dude?

move the !@#$ out
Reply Quote
will be interesting to see if druin can prove his idea that cyclone is still #1 even in TR build
Reply Quote

move the !@#$ out

These are the self-appointed, home owner kind of chores.

Someday, you too will experience the glory of buying a new vacuum cleaner and getting super excited about it!
Edited by Druin#1518 on 11/29/2012 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

move the !@#$ out

Someday, you too will experience the glory of buying a new vacuum cleaner and getting super excited about it!

Maybe. Perhaps a new snowblower. we get a lot of snow here.

some thoughts:

I laughed at completing the square.

I still think firestorm is better than cyclone after watching your video.

Simplemath claims to get 110 exp/hr using a mp1 bell build. I guess I just dont know the right things to bell, cuz I cant replicate his success. He uses circular breathing and inner storm and just bells every huge pack.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 11/30/2012 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
the most insightful part of this video is the actual run. I am working on something similar. I think crater 1 is worth going to if you can learn where the packs are, as you have said about other areas. I have had a lot of success with crater 1 in limited attempts

Rakkis, crater 2, and keep 2 are all great.

Fields are about as sketchy as crater 1, and skycrown is in the mix too.

any thoughts on an optimized exp run?
Reply Quote
bump for later
Reply Quote
View profile

seriously!
I waited a year before I committed to buying a vacuum. And when I did it took some time and research before I decided on a Sebo!
Reply Quote
Can you comment on this bit:

"Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light - Until they remove the ability for Seeping Winds to lock in Faith in the Light's buff, this will remain a required rune for anyone who is using Sweeping Winds. +30% damage per 1 attack speed for SW is just too good to pass up."

May be a bit of a beginners question, but are you saying that if I cast my blinding flash, then start sweeping wind, it seriously gets a 30% buff for the duration of the sweeping wind?

If so...wow I missed the boat somewhere along the way.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/30/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Targetawg
May be a bit of a beginners question, but are you saying that if I cast my blinding flash, then start sweeping wind, it seriously gets a 30% buff for the duration of the sweeping wind?

Yes you do and so did I for a while there...
You can get some Blazing Wrath in there too
and some Foresight, and whatever other DPS buffs you can muscle up before you activate SW
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 11/30/2012 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

seriously!
I waited a year before I committed to buying a vacuum. And when I did it took some time and research before I decided on a Sebo!

Did you get a Dyson? They are awesome.
Reply Quote
I still think firestorm is better than cyclone after watching your video.

The idea behind cyclone is it is much better at spreading out damage. An extra 4 yards to the radius of SW is fairly small compared to the ability to spawn Tornadoes that have a chance of killing up to 6 monsters each.

However, you don't have to take my word for it! I certainly did test Firestorm, and I will be happy to test it again. :D

Edit: I should point out that without the proper amount of Crit Chance, Cyclone is not going to be a useful rune. I run around with ~46% chance for TR to crit which means ~1 in 8 hits with TR will proc a Cyclone. It hits 3.6 times per second (I have 1.2 APS) and hits AoE. That comes out to plenty of cyclones for me! :D

Simplemath claims to get 110 exp/hr using a mp1 bell build. I guess I just dont know the right things to bell, cuz I cant replicate his success. He uses circular breathing and inner storm and just bells every huge pack.

This seems possible if you have insane gear, I would certainly love to see it!

For most monks, I find it unlikely that Bells will out xp Tempest Rush due to requiring the use of MoH:Circ and spirit gen gear while still requiring very very high dps.

Honestly, who knows! I haven't personally tested the speed-bells build! Sounds like a good thing to look into.

the most insightful part of this video is the actual run. I am working on something similar. I think crater 1 is worth going to if you can learn where the packs are, as you have said about other areas. I have had a lot of success with crater 1 in limited attempts

Rakkis, crater 2, and keep 2 are all great.

Fields are about as sketchy as crater 1, and skycrown is in the mix too.

any thoughts on an optimized exp run?

First off, credit for this run goes to Kaho. He showed it in his video "run like the wind monk."

Second, the issue with most other zones isn't that they are always barren, it's that their mob-density-consistency is too low. The highest xp/hr I have ever gotten was doing an Alk run + Rakkis but, in a large sample size of data, Alk runs give lower xp/hr because, while a good spawn of Tower of Damned 1 and Arreat Core CAN be amazing, their mob-density average is too low compared to their clear time average.

The same can be said for Arreat 1. Sometimes it is worth it, on average it is not.

Fields are amazing. They never ever ever have low mob density and it's a static map spawn which allows you to make good, optimal decisions.

All in all, every single time I tried to edit this run to incorporate another zone or remove a zone, my xp/hr went down in large-set sample size testing.

Conclusion: this is the most efficient Act3 MP0 run for a TR monk! :D
Edited by Druin#1518 on 11/30/2012 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
looking forward to part 3!
keep it simple, steady and comprehensive!

nice job!
Reply Quote

First off, credit for this run goes to Kaho. He showed it in his video "run like the wind monk."

Second, the issue with most other zones isn't that they are always barren, it's that their mob-density-consistency is too low. The highest xp/hr I have ever gotten was doing an Alk run + Rakkis but, in a large sample size of data, Alk runs give lower xp/hr because, while a good spawn of Tower of Damned 1 and Arreat Core CAN be amazing, their mob-density average is too low compared to their clear time average.

The same can be said for Arreat 1. Sometimes it is worth it, on average it is not.

Fields are amazing. They never ever ever have low mob density and it's a static map spawn which allows you to make good, optimal decisions.

All in all, every single time I tried to edit this run to incorporate another zone or remove a zone, my xp/hr went down in large-set sample size testing.

Conclusion: this is the most efficient Act3 MP0 run for a TR monk! :D

I tried the route a couple times and more than once I hit Fields with 2nv which I think is not optimal. Maybe doing a quick run to Tower of the Damned to get 1-2 nv should be incorporated in this case?
Reply Quote

I tried the route a couple times and more than once I hit Fields with 2nv which I think is not optimal. Maybe doing a quick run to Tower of the Damned to get 1-2 nv should be incorporated in this case?

I know that hitting fields with low NV feels bad and I totally acknowledge that there will be terrible runs mixed in there. (hitting Crater 2 with 2 NV ftl)

However, when going for maximum xp/hr over a long period of time, the most important factor is frequency and not single-time experience.

Rakkis and Fields both give good xp without lots of stacks AND let you get stacks at the same time. If you want to do Core and Tower of Damned 1 before because it feels bad to hit relatively high-density zones with low NV, by all means do so!

I assure you I am not guessing though. I personally tested adding both those zones to my run and, while some runs where elite and mob density was high resulted in really good xp/hr, on average, those zones do NOT provide enough xp to make them worth the time they take.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]