Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Hi Durin thx for the build, now I am running on the optimal (expensive) gear as you suggested. My character has been created for 26 hours and its now paragon 22 (about 1X hours were wasted before I knew this build). Have you calculated how long it would take to level up from paragon 0 to 100 using your build?
Reply Quote
Edit: http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3scr9c/

Replaced rage post with confession bear as personal favor. Put the popcorn away
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/27/2012 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm more confused now than I was after your last reply
Reply Quote
Fine. Prove me wrong. Then I will have been arrogant. Until then, I'm just right.

/popcorn.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@Seaboots and @Technokiking
I would greatly appreciate it if you would both either drop this completely or move it to a different venue.

I have done a fairly good job of keeping this thread 100% flame free and I would like it to stay that way.

Please consider it a personal favor to me!

<3
Reply Quote
you may want to edit that last post druin and direct that to seaboots--I came here offering insight and for a valid conversation-seaboots invades TR threads to satisfy himself and takes insult to any offering advice he doesn't agree with.
Reply Quote
@Druin
- Kinda messed up my TR build and Gear LoL HP is too low and no exp bonus. Don't know what to do next. Help? :(
Reply Quote
Not sure if this had been discussed, but is Blinding Flash better or Breath of Heaven better?

I know Blinding Flash adds more DPS to SW when you snapshot it, but Breath of Heaven adds DPS to SW and can be maintained throughout the run using TR.

I also feel like the Health Regen is more beneficial than the blinding effect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Reply Quote
my blinding flash doesnt seems to stay on with sweeping wind. am i doing it wrong? viewing from my dps, when i cast it increases but goes back after 3 sec even wif my sweeping wind activated
Edited by BloodRaven#6756 on 12/28/2012 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
@BloodRaven,

It doesn't show on your sheet DPS, but it's there. The damage output of the Sweeping Wind will be higher.
Reply Quote
Druin, I enjoyed your thread and it gave me some insights.

I posted somewhat specific question regarding my own quest for a very high damage spike/snapshot. The question relates specifically to my build and whether dropping 100%critdam (ie. socket) on a flying dragon is worth it for a ~200DPS and 11% atck speed on another flying dragon as it relates to faith in the light mechanics. I currently spike at ~620k and I'm just having fun with it and trying to maximize it further without breaking the bank.

I would appreciate your advice (and any other mathemagicians) without crapping your thread so I've linked to mine.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415606090
Reply Quote
Here is a question: Innas Radiance or Madstone with Sweeping Winds bonus? I have had alot of fun and success with my inna's radiance, but wud a madsone work better?
Reply Quote
First off, happy new years eve Druin! I thank you so much for this guide, it is perfectly written and everything is extremely detailed! I love the min-maxing you did for this, such an amazing help. I leveled my monk when I heard about this and spent 40m on him using your budget guide, it is simply amazing how fast he can farm. I want to min max more so I would like some help!

Can you critique on my gear and see where I can improve? Do I need pick up radius or anything like that? The only thing I have for sustainability is my 200 LOH on my ring. I still die here and there to spike damage, but it's not as much. Should I invest in something else?

I have a question of sweeping winds and the DR: foresight buff. Do I need to attack something for the damage buff or can I just attack the air? because it is a little bit time consuming to go find a mob and hit him 3 times > blinding flash > sweeping winds to get the maximum buff damage to sweeping winds. Will I still get the buff to sweeping winds if I just blinding flash > sweeping winds > then go hit something 3 times and rebuff it? Or will my sweeping wind only snapshot the blinding flash buff? How does it work?

Thanks and happy new years again!
Reply Quote
Because I can't figure out how to pm... (I really doubt you can on this forum) I was hoping you'd lend your services and help me regear my monk with a 500m budget? =)
Reply Quote
Sticky requested. Good resource Druin.
Reply Quote
To help with getting the post cap increased:

- Request Sticky
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Okay, I am back! Took a siesta for the New Years Holiday and now it is time to answer your TR questions!

Note: We are getting pretty darn close to that 500 post mark. If it happens and we get slammed with a thread-lock, I will simply make a new thread that links here where we can continue the discussion until a kind-hearted forum mod sees fit to let us back in! :D

12/27/2012 04:23 PMPosted by FTW
Hi Durin thx for the build, now I am running on the optimal (expensive) gear as you suggested. My character has been created for 26 hours and its now paragon 22 (about 1X hours were wasted before I knew this build). Have you calculated how long it would take to level up from paragon 0 to 100 using your build?

Hello FTW.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the build!

I never did any calcs on time-to-100 because the number would make you never want to play ever again. :D Even at 90m xp/hr, plvl100 takes FOREVER.

Edit: http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3scr9c/

Replaced rage post with confession bear as personal favor. Put the popcorn away

Me toooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

@Druin
- Kinda messed up my TR build and Gear LoL HP is too low and no exp bonus. Don't know what to do next. Help? :(

Hey Xonique,

I don't know if you still need help as your profile currently shows non-TR gear. If you do, I think we should probably talk in game because it sounds like you need more specific help and less general TR question stuff!

PM me and we can chat!

Not sure if this had been discussed, but is Blinding Flash better or Breath of Heaven better?

I know Blinding Flash adds more DPS to SW when you snapshot it, but Breath of Heaven adds DPS to SW and can be maintained throughout the run using TR.

I also feel like the Health Regen is more beneficial than the blinding effect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I find Blinding Flash to be quite a bit more useful.

Because Sweeping Winds is such a large part of your DPS, increasing it by 30% is, overall, a larger DPS boost than the 15% from Blazing Wrath.

Furthermore, Faith helps out with elites a lot by keeping them in place and increases your bust damage.

If you find the heal from Blazing Wrath is really useful to you, I am sure it isn't THAT big of a difference and I don't really see a problem using it.

If they ever fix the snapshot mechanic on SW, I will recommend switching Faith out for Blazing Wrath.

12/30/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Exiter
Here is a question: Innas Radiance or Madstone with Sweeping Winds bonus? I have had alot of fun and success with my inna's radiance, but wud a madsone work better?

Madstone isn't really viable because it would lose you the 4 piece Inna's set bonus and that would force you to use the Master of Wind rune which is terrible.

It has nice stats, but until they see fit to un-tie the monk class from 4Inna's+SW as the only working mechanic, we can't really use it.

First off, happy new years eve Druin! I thank you so much for this guide, it is perfectly written and everything is extremely detailed! I love the min-maxing you did for this, such an amazing help. I leveled my monk when I heard about this and spent 40m on him using your budget guide, it is simply amazing how fast he can farm. I want to min max more so I would like some help!

Can you critique on my gear and see where I can improve? Do I need pick up radius or anything like that? The only thing I have for sustainability is my 200 LOH on my ring. I still die here and there to spike damage, but it's not as much. Should I invest in something else?

I have a question of sweeping winds and the DR: foresight buff. Do I need to attack something for the damage buff or can I just attack the air? because it is a little bit time consuming to go find a mob and hit him 3 times > blinding flash > sweeping winds to get the maximum buff damage to sweeping winds. Will I still get the buff to sweeping winds if I just blinding flash > sweeping winds > then go hit something 3 times and rebuff it? Or will my sweeping wind only snapshot the blinding flash buff? How does it work?

Thanks and happy new years again!

Thanks a bunch for the support!!

As for the Foresight buff:
1. Foresight MUST be active when you cast SW to gain the bonus.
2. You can activate the Foresight buff by hitting an inanimate object with the third strike of DR. However, if you break the object with the first or second strike it will not work.
3. Foresight will NOT activate if you simply swing at the air, the third strike must hit something.

I think I showcase two really useful inanimate object in my budget video, if not, I absolutely do in my forthcoming spec Variant B video so you can wait for that if you want!

01/01/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Hosing
Because I can't figure out how to pm... (I really doubt you can on this forum) I was hoping you'd lend your services and help me regear my monk with a 500m budget? =)

You can't PM on the Blizz forums. If you want to contact me directly you can email me at DruinTheHappyMonk@gmail.com or you can add me in game at Druin#1518

That being said, I can give pointers, but beyond that I really do not get into the "how do I gear my monk" thing. There is no way I will be able to tell you what gear will make you the most happy. That is something you will have to discover on your own!

I AM perfectly happy to give my opinion on whether or not something is over or under priced if you have specific things that you are looking at.

01/01/2013 10:28 PMPosted by n0rain
Sticky requested. Good resource Druin.

To help with getting the post cap increased:

- Request Sticky

TYVM! Still no response from the forum-people so I do not know what will happen 2 posts from now :(

Keep sending those e-mails guys!!! We will do this! :D

<3
Edited by Druin#1518 on 1/2/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hope I'm not wasting this forum post! Lol

Thanks for the replies Druin, but could you look at my gear and see where I can somewhat improve in? I only have 4 mill at the moment but would like to know what upgrade I should be looking for next. I know I should look into an Hellfire ring but it will be kind of hard and time consuming for me

Also do you have any tips on item routes/farming? I know Seaboots route is the best xp/hour at the moment but what about item routes? I'm only Paragon lvl 15 at the moment should I just be focusing on Seaboots route until I hit paragon 100 then farm? Sorry I'm a noob right now as I haven't played this game in a couple months!

Thanks for the replies!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
I hope I'm not wasting this forum post! Lol

Thanks for the replies Druin, but could you look at my gear and see where I can somewhat improve in? I only have 4 mill at the moment but would like to know what upgrade I should be looking for next. I know I should look into an Hellfire ring but it will be kind of hard and time consuming for me

Also do you have any tips on item routes/farming? I know Seaboots route is the best xp/hour at the moment but what about item routes? I'm only Paragon lvl 15 at the moment should I just be focusing on Seaboots route until I hit paragon 100 then farm? Sorry I'm a noob right now as I haven't played this game in a couple months!

Thanks for the replies!

I actually do have some tips regarding item farming!

I have two routes that seem to both perform very well.

The first is, in my opinion, much better than the second because it is less effected by low MF and it is far far far far less boring! :D

1. Act 3:
Start in the Core of Arreat Checkpoint (like an Alk run)
Run down to WP
WP to Arreat 2 clear through to Tower of Cursed lvl 1
Take Tower of Cursed lvl 1 WP to Rakkis Crossing
Clear down TO Fields of Slaughter (do not clear fields it is TERRIBLE for loot)
Port back home, run from base to Skycrown Battlements
Clear all the way to the end of Stonefort
Port home
Repeat

I really like this run because it has a redic elite density, does NOT contain Keeps lvl 2 (which I personally HATE as a map) and can be run on MP0.

2. Act 2:
Start in the Vault of the Assassins checkpoint
Run VotA
Port home
Repeat

This run yields the most elites/hr by a fairly large margin. If you have maxed MF (300%) 5 stacks of valor actually does very little for your overall items per hour. This means that, even though you only get 2 kills at 5 stacks of valor per VotA run, it does yield a LOT of loot.
This run must be done on MP1 or greater so that the loot is sufficiently high level which means it is a bit harder to do as a TR'er.

I have been unable, as of yet, to find a conclusive way to determine what the best loot/hr run is. The problem with this testing is that the "free" rare from 5 stacks of Valor is 100% guaranteed to be a 4-stat rare but it is exactly as likely to be a 5+stat rare or legendary as any other dropped item.

While it is possible for a 4-stat rare to be good, it is incredibly unlikely and this makes 5 stack Valor rares relatively worthless. However, they don't look any different from other rares and this means that it is tough to figure out which runs drop the "most" loot.

When I have conclusions that are backed by more statistically significant data (elites/hr just doesn't cut it) I will let everyone know! :D

Post#500 ... wish me luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]