Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

View profile
Hey Druin, you think i'm ready for some TR.
I been holding off because I wanted a pretty darn good TR set. For 12m and some donated items I was able to achieve the following: http://d3up.com/b/211563

It's 5.17 spirit/sec from gear
94.7k unbuffed DPS
29% CHC
356% CHD
360 All resists
30k HP.

No room for Fleet Footed. Not sure If I want to hold out longer for some better TR gear or dive in now...

the 12m bought me the belt/ring/amulet.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 1/5/2013 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump for sticky
Reply Quote
Random obvious TR tip:

If you're running some variant of the Tempest Rush : Tailwind farming spec getting at least 21 pickup radius lets you: run over piles of crap and still pickup the gold drops. Getting 28 pickup radius lets you open chests and continue rushing and still pickup the gold piles. You figure once you hit high enough paragon, your gold find was pretty damn high without any gear, may as well pickup some free gold without hurting your xp / hour. ( I recently stopped using OWE when farming since Blind + MoH spam was plenty to survive RD even without a LL snapshot, so I swapped out some old single resist gear for pickup radius. ) This was inspired by my WD with 50 pickup which was amazingly convenient. Plus you can pickup stuff thru walls which is nice heh.

Some cheap spots to get pickup:
Strongarm Bracers (cheap alternative to crit lacuni's since they have no ias to make your TR cost more)
Gloves: Crit/CD/Dex (poor man's trifecta with no ias to make your TR cost more)
Any Inna piece: Inna's has one random roll, may as well make it pickup

It's important to keep TR net spirit cost to 0. I run with 1.7 attack speed (S&B), so I need 17 spirit/sec to cast it forever.
Reply Quote
Thanks Druin (and Seaboots). This has been a great help to me !

My monk found a nice dex skorn (1347dps 473dex 148vit 163cd) on Friday which motivated me to try this build.
I have skipped a generator using BoH instead and keeping BoH up all the time for a nice boost to TR. TR seems to have enough damage even to kill elites whenever SSS, which is on left click, is on cooldown. I did try TC but I found SSS insta-kills elite packs it's so much faster.

I didn't see it mentioned above, but minimum damage on weapon is very important I think, much more than average damage.
Reply Quote
I've been trying using a leoric instead of a SoJ and it seems to be working well. With only 1 piece of gear that gives spirit regen I still get 11.71 (I think) spirit regen thanks to MoH Circular breathing and the 2 standard passives.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcTYSQ!cdZ!cZcccZ
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
sorry for my temporary leave of absence ... I got distracted by the iPhone game "Heroes vs Monsters" which is the best iOS game I have ever seen. I am not done completely destroying it yet, but I am getting closer to having everything on auto-farm and then I can get back to TR'ing all over the place! :D

hmm, thanks. I never thought of my TR as secondary - bell primary. At the end of the day, TR is my vehicle and bell is the MG mounted on it.

whats the difference here? is it that the DPS is higher and u literally mop the floor as u run?

@seaboots - noted, thanks. will see if i have issues after dropping serenity. i had considered capturing a stronger SW with FiTL, but i wondered if that 30% was worth it.

In a nutshell, yes.

If you get high enough DPS and use the right skill-set you kill ~95%+ trash mobs without deviating from your path forward. This means that you move through the level VERY quickly. Having to stop even to drop one single bell is slower than simply not stopping so, generally speaking, the highest possible xp/hr comes from pure TR.

Simplemath has a claim out for a 115m xp/hr bells build on MP1 but I think he is more the exception than the rule. (Also the claim has never been verified though I do believe him).

Let me get this right.
Core to WP.
Take WP to Arreat 2. Clear to Cursed 1 (DO NOT do cursed 1?)
WP to Rakkis clear to fields. (Port home)
(might be confused on the next part)
Run from home to Skycrown, clear to the end of Stonefort

You got it. Do not do cursed 1 though, if you want (and you don't have 5 NV) you can check to the direct left of the WP where there is a high likelihood of an elite pack.

I run from the base to Skycrown because I HATE losing my SW buff and fundamentally refuse to do so when it is even remotely avoidable.

My guess is that it is faster to WP to Stonefort, clear backward through Skycrown, port home, WP to Stonefort clear through, port home.

But w/e I don't have an xp/hr benchmark to beat anymore so I afford myself the luxury of slight inefficiency to appease my OCD. ;)

Thanks for the thread Druin. Just by chance I came across it while reading something non-monk related. It turns out I was leveling a monk for so I could have one of each class at 60 and when I saw this thread I decided to give TR a try.

Over the last 2 days I was able to cobble together my TR set for under 5m while I finished reaching max level...well except for the IK gloves I had those in my stash and that made the decision to pick up some IK boots an easy one.

Looks like I am still a bit short on a few goals for the midrange build you outlined.

Spirit Regen w/Templar at 10.3, .5/sec short
84K DPS - 16k short without MoC, I should probably get this higher, right?
Resist 363-442: Should I switch to OWE?
40% CHC: 42 is the magic number for cyclones, right?

Is 25.5k health good enough?

Is 4.3k Armor good enough? I have alot of items with strength so I assumed my armor is a bit higher then normal.

What to upgrade/tweak? I can get some better gems, including giving myself 20%-40% more CHD. A better Hellfire ring with CHC would help. A slightly higher DPS Skorn would probably be a nice DPS boost. Getting a helm with 2+ spirit/s would give the needed 10.8 regen I need.

Hey there Dozens,

Thanks a bunch for the support! :D

Your stats looks almost good enough, here is my take on things.

1. Your spirit regen is too low to use SSS:FO so I would recommend Spec Variant C.

2. Your DPS is simply too low to TR efficiently. It is still most likely better (because you have the correct other stats) than the cookie cutter, but you will have to double / triple pass mobs to kill them and that might get frustrating.

You should spend as much of your effort as you can to break the 100k dps (unbuffed) benchmark.

3. 363 resist all is actually pretty good. If you find you are dying a lot, switch to OWE until you get the playstyle in hand well enough to give it up for Exalted Soul (which will fix your spirit regen issues).

Always keep in mind, it is better to run out of spirit and have to auto attack things than it is to die.

4. 40% CHC is just a smidge too low for Cyclone to be at max effectiveness but, because you can not afford to use SSS:FO, you are going to have serious problems killing elites quickly enough if you use Firestorm or Innerstorm + MoC so I still recommend Spec C over anything else atm.

5. 25.5k HP is fine. If you find you are dying a lot, you may want to look into getting up to the 28k+ level, but honestly I can effectively TR with a 25m budget suit sitting on 22k HP without dying. It is mostly a "how hard do I want to try?" question. If you want to try harder, stick with low HP, if you want to zone out and run into maniacs, get more HP.

6. 4.3k armor is fine.

7. Things to look into upgrading:
a. Ammy. This is a good spot to get CHD along with CHC. It will cost you but you can gain a lot of DPS that way.

b. Gems. The best part about upgrading gems is that it's 100% upgrade. You lose nothing and get more DPS. It is costly though.

c. Hellfire Ring. This is the one that no-one wants to hear, but that ring simply doesn't cut it. You need a real DPS stat and you REALLY want CHC.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Druin, I've been upgrading my TR gear set and I believe I'm near optimized for my budget:)

I finally hit 130K unbuffed, with my CC at 44 and my CD at over 500 while having enough HP (I believe 35K+).

I gave up on me building my SW "damage" for TR and focused more on CD/CC and it's payed off...my xp runs got a little faster (and we all know it adds over time)...instead I swapped out my SoJ for a budget TR one (with 2.0 SR/6 poison dam/20% against elites and 7% TR CC)...I can tell the difference right away on that one item change.

I watched your last TR vid on youtube with the budget build, where you talked a bit about the TR SoJ...keep up the good work on your vids...I've referred a couple of beginner monks to your TR guide and they both liked it as well.

I am really glad to hear you are having such a good time!

Those stats sound really great and I expect you should be having a good time of it with TR at this point! :D

Thanks for the support!

Great and informative post Druin. I'm just sad that I found it after your insights have inflated the prices of Inna's Radiance, Stone of Jordan and Xeph Amulet! It is pretty amazing how the playstyle of one can affect the market so drastically.

Stones of Jordan w/ TR% & spirit regen and Inna's Radiance w/ spirit regen have become pretty elusive and expensive. I've been trying your build without these items since my Xeph Amulet cost me all my extra cash haha (40M, sigh).

I have been ejoying my runs, until I run into an elite pack that crowd controls me in some way (jailer, fear, etc). I usually die then.

Just wanted to give you a bump and a thanks. Cheers!

Thanks a bunch for the support!

Sorry about the Xeph ammy / SoJ thing ... that certainly isn't ALL my fault but this guide isn't helping things there :P

That being said, last I checked, you could still get 1.9+ spir/sec Inna's hats for <3m if you look for a little bit.

I would REALLY recommend getting one because it might help to solve your death to CC problem.

Currently, you are working with a spirit/sec deficit.
You have 1.93 (ammy) 0.33 (inna's set) 3 (MoH:C) 2 (CoR) * 1.47 (GP + Templar) = 10.67
You are spending 10* (1 + (0.07 + 0.08 + 0.09)) = 12.4

This means that you do not have enough spirit to TR forever, nor do you have enough spirit to use SSS:FO.

Here is how you can solve that:
1. Get a 1.9+ spir/sec inna's hat. This takes you up to ~13.5 spir/sec (a REALLY good number!!)

2. ditch the trifecta gloves. The IAS is hurting you and the CHC is low which is hurting you. You would gain money, xp/hr and effectiveness by selling them and buying 150dex 8.5%+ CHC 35%+ CHD gloves.

With these two changes you would now gain 13.5 spir/sec and lose 11.7 spir/sec.

This is a net gain while TRing which means you will always have enough spirit to use SSS:FO when you need it (elites with some sort of CC).

Assuming you don't want to go this direction, switch SSS:FO to BoH:Blazing Wrath and switch DR:Foresight to FoT:Thunderclap.

BoH doesn't cost spirit/sec to give you more damage (it snapshots into SW) and FoT:TC synergizes with SW:Cyclone to make killing elites MUCH easier.

Hope this helps!

01/04/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Boz
Another bump for great info to read later

TY! <3

01/05/2013 10:32 AMPosted by odoacer
druin is there a mp5+ build and route for your great TR build.?

Negatory ghost rider!

The HUGE benefit of TR is that it allows you to fluidly move WHILE killing. It does absolutely nothing for your actual ability to kill things (in fact it is much much lower than the cookie-cutter).

In MP levels above 0 you are spending more and more of your time actually attacking things compared to moving around the map. This means that the benefit of TR is lost and you are WAY better off using FoT:TC + SW:Cyclone to kill things.

You can keep TR on your skill-set because it's a GREAT escape skill and you can even keep using Skorn because it's a pretty great wep, but you will no longer be using TR to kill things.

Personally, despite my love for TR, I use a 1h/shield FoT:TC + SW:Cyclone + Dashing Strike: Quicksilver as my "high-MP" build.

Hey Druin, you think i'm ready for some TR.
I been holding off because I wanted a pretty darn good TR set. For 12m and some donated items I was able to achieve the following: http://d3up.com/b/211563

It's 5.17 spirit/sec from gear
94.7k unbuffed DPS
29% CHC
356% CHD
360 All resists
30k HP.

No room for Fleet Footed. Not sure If I want to hold out longer for some better TR gear or dive in now...

the 12m bought me the belt/ring/amulet.

That gear would be fine for a Spec Variant B setup.
The lack of sustain is pretty rough.

I'll just talk to you in game about it. I have some stuff that would probably make your life a LOT easier. :P

01/06/2013 07:43 PMPosted by BabyM
Bump for sticky

<3

Thanks Druin (and Seaboots). This has been a great help to me !

My monk found a nice dex skorn (1347dps 473dex 148vit 163cd) on Friday which motivated me to try this build.
I have skipped a generator using BoH instead and keeping BoH up all the time for a nice boost to TR. TR seems to have enough damage even to kill elites whenever SSS, which is on left click, is on cooldown. I did try TC but I found SSS insta-kills elite packs it's so much faster.

I didn't see it mentioned above, but minimum damage on weapon is very important I think, much more than average damage.

1. If no spirit gen is working for you then go you! :D I do not recommend it because spirit gens offer a lot of options, are mathematically more dps to elites and Foresight's damage buff is bigger than Blazing Wrath's.

With that said, there is definitely an argument to be made that the fluidity of movement that TR gives can increase your DPS "uptime" and actually end up killing elites as fast or faster ... definitely not a beginner's strat but a very interesting one! :D

2. As for the min vs max vs average damage thing, the VAST majority of your damage comes from Sweeping Winds and MoC:Submission both of which do continuous damage and therefore average out your wep's min/max for you.

Min is better for the TR and Cyclone portion of the damage you do, but that is a pretty minor concern.

Again, not a beginner's thing but certainly something to be aware of thanks!

I've been trying using a leoric instead of a SoJ and it seems to be working well. With only 1 piece of gear that gives spirit regen I still get 11.71 (I think) spirit regen thanks to MoH Circular breathing and the 2 standard passives.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcTYSQ!cdZ!cZcccZ

So I get this question a LOT and I always have the same answer:

Leoric's gives you ~12-18% more total xp per run. IE: If you get 7,000,000, you would get between 7,840,000 and 8,260,000 xp instead.

However, you have to give up either SW:Cyclone (for inner storm) or MoC:Submission (for MoH:Circ). If you think that you can't get between 12% to 18% more kills with one of those two skills, than Leoric's makes sense. It isn't a no-brainer though and I personally didn't like it because I felt the damage spread gained through Cyclone + Submission > 12-18% more xp.
Reply Quote
Leoric's gives you ~12-18% more total xp per run. IE: If you get 7,000,000, you would get between 7,840,000 and 8,260,000 xp instead.

However, you have to give up either SW:Cyclone (for inner storm) or MoC:Submission (for MoH:Circ). If you think that you can't get between 12% to 18% more kills with one of those two skills, than Leoric's makes sense. It isn't a no-brainer though and I personally didn't like it because I felt the damage spread gained through Cyclone + Submission > 12-18% more xp.

Hmm I take there's a difference between the 20-30% bonus experience that SoJ gives on paper and these 12-18% you mention? I would like to know more about that.

What I like about it is NOT using SoJ and Xeph which have become very costly lately, much more than a single Leoric. I need to do more experiment with alternate gear since the prices are too high now for TR specific gear.
Reply Quote
Hey Druin!

Thanks for the guide. I've been putting off doing a TR build for a while but after I hit 120K DPS/550K EHP I noticed all my upgrades were more than I felt like spending. That made me feel ready for TR :)

I'm really glad you included variants and made it easy to switch between typical FoT/SW:C builds. I couldn't just toss my gear for that because I need it for doing hellfire runs.

I see that you keep the guide pretty up to date, and I'm not about to read through 26 pages, so I'll start here. How come you didn't mention using Life Per Spirit Spent, LPSS, other than as a possible bonus on Inna's? Using the gear my armor displays right now, I was able to do a pretty fast dry run last night and had no problem. 35.7 LPSS kept me alive through the whole run, without any life on hit or life steal. I think that is pretty substantial and opens a lot of possibilities for budget builds.

I found the weapon I'm using; I haven't even picked up 4pc Inna's yet.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

Hmm I take there's a difference between the 20-30% bonus experience that SoJ gives on paper and these 12-18% you mention? I would like to know more about that.

What I like about it is NOT using SoJ and Xeph which have become very costly lately, much more than a single Leoric. I need to do more experiment with alternate gear since the prices are too high now for TR specific gear.

Being as SoJ doesn't have +xp% on it I will assume you mean Leoric's :D

Math:
You SHOULD use a ruby in helm (31% bonus xp) and a hellfire ring (35% bonus xp) and NV stacks give between 0% and 75% bonus xp.

Without Leoric's you have 166% to 241% bonus xp during any given run.
Leoric's ring gives an additional 30% on top of that.

166 becomes 196% and 241 becomes 271%
This means for each 1 xp you gain, you recieve 1.66->1.96 to 2.41->2.71 xp.
1.96/1.66 = ~1.18 or an 18% increase in total xp gained.
2.71/2.41 = ~1.124 or 12.4% increase in total xp gained.

Therefore: Adding Leorics will NOT increase your total xp gained per run by 30% it will increase it by something between 12.4% and 18% (you do not have stacks of valor or 5 stacks of valor for the whole run so hard to tell what the exact number is for Leoric's).

Hey Druin!

Thanks for the guide. I've been putting off doing a TR build for a while but after I hit 120K DPS/550K EHP I noticed all my upgrades were more than I felt like spending. That made me feel ready for TR :)

I'm really glad you included variants and made it easy to switch between typical FoT/SW:C builds. I couldn't just toss my gear for that because I need it for doing hellfire runs.

I see that you keep the guide pretty up to date, and I'm not about to read through 26 pages, so I'll start here. How come you didn't mention using Life Per Spirit Spent, LPSS, other than as a possible bonus on Inna's? Using the gear my armor displays right now, I was able to do a pretty fast dry run last night and had no problem. 35.7 LPSS kept me alive through the whole run, without any life on hit or life steal. I think that is pretty substantial and opens a lot of possibilities for budget builds.

I found the weapon I'm using; I haven't even picked up 4pc Inna's yet.

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for the support!

I am really glad to get some feedback about the switch from cookie-cutter to TR. I tried to make it as viable as possible because I know a LOT of people simply do not have the time or resources to completely re-gear just to XP.

I do not include information on LPSS because it is a nearly impossible to acquire stat. You can get it on Inna's Hat (which I mentioned) and Transcendence and that is it.

The only other pieces it spawns on are Fist Weps and Diabos both of which are un-useable because you need to use Skorn or a Doom Hammer.

That being said, I am sure you can make Transcendence work for the spec because it is >600 life per second while channeling and can burst heal you over and over for 3k while fighting elites.

Something to look into for sure! :D
Reply Quote
Have you tried using daibos? I wouldn't go to the extent of calling them un-useable. Sure you won't be able to get as much damage as skorn but it still works pretty well.
Reply Quote
Hi again Druin.
Yes I felt TR killed elites just as fast as TC, and much safer. I couldn't see any need for a generator, especially when it cost me 15% to all damage. But I've changed my gear a lot so I'll play around with TC and Foresight again.
BoH has the advantage over Foresight that it boosts TR damage and (I think) Submission too, because it is easy to have up all the time. It's much quicker to buff with BoH you don't need a target. The heal is useful against reflects.
I guess Foresight+BoH is another option for an even bigger boost to SW if you can run without SSS.

I don't have a Xeph amulet (saving up but it'll be tough to beat my current amu), so to get enough spirit I've been toying with Circular Breathing + Cyclone/Firestorm vs Submission + Inner Storm. The latter seems to have a noticably greater killing speed. But I am having trouble with Inner Storm only generates spirit at 3 SW stacks. Occasionally I miss recasting and it drops or I die or something and I burn out spirit, Do you have any tips for getting the 3 stacks up quickly ? I wish there was a dummy in town you could punch up!

Apologies if I am stepping in, but in Leoric comparison above shouldn't you also add in 13% from follower hellfire+leoric or at least 7% Hellfire ? It makes wearing a leoric less attractive 11.8% -> 16.7% for 0 -> 5 stacks.

I gotta this TR build is a lot of fun. It's really fun playing it with friends.
Edited by GAK#6148 on 1/7/2013 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Math:
You SHOULD use a ruby in helm (31% bonus xp) and a hellfire ring (35% bonus xp) and NV stacks give between 0% and 75% bonus xp.

Without Leoric's you have 166% to 241% bonus xp during any given run.

166 becomes 196% and 241 becomes 271%
This means for each 1 xp you gain, you recieve 1.66->1.96 to 2.41->2.71 xp.
1.96/1.66 = ~1.18 or an 18% increase in total xp gained.
2.71/2.41 = ~1.124 or 12.4% increase in total xp gained.

Therefore: Adding Leorics will NOT increase your total xp gained per run by 30% it will increase it by something between 12.4% and 18% (you do not have stacks of valor or 5 stacks of valor for the whole run so hard to tell what the exact number is for Leoric's).

That's interesting, I see what you mean now. However at mp0 I don't have 166-241 % more experience on my character sheet . I just checked, with a 31% Ruby, a hellfire (35%), a templar with Hellfire (7%) and a 30% leoric :

with 0 nv: 31 + 35 +7 + 30 = 103%
with 5 nv (75%): 103 + 75 = 178%

Without leoric I would have 73% and 148% respectively. On my character sheet I can see those numbers unlike the 166-241% you mentioned. Thus the bonus would be 103/73 = 1.41 or + 41% to 178/148 = 1.20 or +20%.

Now I know you've been doing some serious math so I have the feeling I may be missing something and I would like to know what it is (if that's the case).
Edited by LSOJJ#1542 on 1/7/2013 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

That's interesting, I see what you mean now. However at mp0 I don't have 166-241 % more experience on my character sheet . I just checked, with a 31% Ruby, a hellfire (35%), a templar with Hellfire (7%) and a 30% leoric :

with 0 nv: 31 + 35 +7 + 30 = 103%
with 5 nv (75%): 103 + 75 = 178%

Without leoric I would have 73% and 148% respectively. On my character sheet I can see those numbers unlike the 166-241% you mentioned. Thus the bonus would be 103/73 = 1.41 or + 41% to 178/148 = 1.20 or +20%.

Now I know you've been doing some serious math so I have the feeling I may be missing something and I would like to know what it is (if that's the case).

Oops, I was simply being unclear.

My math is correct (though as Gak pointed out, I didn't account for the 7% from follower! oops!) but I didn't state it very well.

With Hellfire + Ruby + Templar you would have 31% + 35% + 7% = 73% BONUS xp.
However, because you still get the base xp + the bonus xp, that 74% bonus translates into xp * 1.73.

Revised math for clarity:
You SHOULD use a ruby in helm (31% bonus xp), a hellfire ring (35% bonus xp), a hellfire ring on your templar (7% bonus xp) and NV stacks give between 0% and 75% bonus xp.

Without Leoric's you have 73% to 148% bonus xp during any given run.

73% becomes 103% and 148% becomes 178%
This means for each 1 xp you gain, you receive 1.73->2.03 to 2.48->2.78 xp.
2.03/1.73 = ~1.173 or a 17.3% increase in total xp gained.
2.78/2.48 = ~1.121 or a 12.1% increase in total xp gained.

Therefore: Adding Leorics will NOT increase your total xp gained per run by 30% it will increase it by something between 12.1% and 17.3% (you do not have stacks of valor or 5 stacks of valor for the whole run so hard to tell what the exact number is for Leoric's).
Reply Quote
Well I just realized why we have different results. I didn't take into consideration the base value of exp gain, thus 73% exp translates to 1.73 instead of 1.00 xp.

So doing the math again:

203/173 = 1.17 without nv or +17% and 278/248 = 1.12 or +12% with 5 nv.

So in between 12% and 17% much like you said. What's good about leoric is that it's easy to find on the AH and a bit cheaper than TR SoJ/Xpeh with crit. Now, is it worth it? Gotta try it on my own a little bit.

Edit: You're fast Druin.
Edited by LSOJJ#1542 on 1/7/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Well I just realized why we have different results. I didn't take into consideration the base value of exp gain, thus 73% exp translates to 1.73 instead of 1.00 xp.

So doing the math again:

203/173 = 1.17 without nv or +17% and 278/248 = 1.12 or +12% with 5 nv.

So in between 12% and 17% much like you said. What's good about leoric is that it's easy to find on the AH and a bit cheaper than TR SoJ/Xpeh with crit. Now, is it worth it? Gotta try it on my own a little bit.

Edit: You're fast Druin.

;)
Reply Quote
Just in case it wasn't mentioned yet, Tempest Rush has its own little snapshot which probably includes the effects of blinding flash. Worth checking out.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 02:10 PMPosted by LSOJJ

if i have 400% crit damage and I am critting for 1M damage on average and I add 50% more crit damage, will my new average damage of my crits be:

a)1.5M <---clearly op, so why would leoric's bonus exp scale like this??
b)1.1M <---the way the game actually works. 50% more crit damage results in my crit doing 10% more damage.
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 1/7/2013 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great guide, very indepth! I geared up for it, tried it for a week and I'm sold. So sold in fact, that I am concerned that this is the only way I'd like to play my monk. The cyclone build seems so slow in comparison; even my pickup radius witch doctor seems slow now. Is there a way back from TR?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VvT76-2714/hero/13446403
Reply Quote
Hi Druin, I've been trying to put together a S&B build for TR usage and my current profile is the closest I could get on my limited budget. My hellfire and Xeph is missing 1.5 CC and some CD, my helm needs another 1 CC, and of course I could get lots of more DEX if I had the money! Other than that I don't really feel there's a lot of room for improvement. Though I would love to be proven wrong and I'm completely open to suggestions :)

The build actually works decently and I have infinte TR if I sacrifice some speed and remove fleet footed. I often have to do two passes, but the cyclones really do a great job if I just trust them and not double back quite so much. I don't do any gear-switching, just the locking of DR+BF.

This obviously cannot compete with a 2H-build, but I thought I'd give it a try for fun :)

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zen-2888/hero/5069724
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]