Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Going through the regen recommended levels for each of the outlined specs, are you assuming a base APS of 1.0? and what about the use of the Templar to boost recovery? Finally I see you list Cyclone/Sub as a spec choice, but why not Firestorm/Sub?
Reply Quote
We have a fruit in Malaysia called Durian. It is the king of the fruit as we call it and a delicacy here. However, most foreigners doesn't like the smell of it. They said it smells like rotten cheese. But we locals <3 it (like me!).

Well, everytime I read Druin's name, I read it as "Durian" even though I have been lurking here for the past 1 year, lol.

Anyway, Durian. I mean Druin, thanks for the TR builds you have presenting to us. I like the one with EP + TR. That build makes WW barbs jelly.
Reply Quote
Hey there, I have a question.

For fire-circ at MP1 with my current monk, should I use a radi star ruby or a radi star emerald in my skorn? (no marquise gems)
Reply Quote
So if my goal is to use a Leoric's ring and level up as quick as I can. What build is best for me? I would like to use Cyclone but missing that crit chance on the Leoric's hurts. Let alone not having any on a Hellfire Ring.

So I'm trying the inner sub right now.
Reply Quote
HELP!!!!!!
I`m 1 of those guys with "cheap" TR build and really need help.
So i got 13 sp regen but my spirit still won`t go up while i use TR. And my TR cost is 8 spirit.
Reply Quote
@Druin

i don't know what the problem with WOL, when I try kill RD with WOL full buff (Blinding Faith and overwe)... sometime only need one shout from WOL to kill me but sometime not problem. maybe you can explain about it?

N1K0

Newbie Monk
Reply Quote
what dps can sweeping wind kill mp1 mobs at?

(i cannot test this on sc..and definately not on hc :p)

i.e. on d/c...sweeping wind active with master of wind in full TR build.
Reply Quote
@Druin

i don't know what the problem with WOL, when I try kill RD with WOL full buff (Blinding Faith and overwe)... sometime only need one shout from WOL to kill me but sometime not problem. maybe you can explain about it?

N1K0

Newbie Monk

Hey there N1K0,

The reason for this is that RD happens instantly for each individual hit of WoL followed immediately by LS.

Essentially you cast WoL and it does 1202% damage / 3 = 400.3% weapon damage instantly.
It then checks if 10% of that hit (RD damage) is > your current eHP (HP * mitigation). If the answer is yes, you die instantly because the RD hit from WoL is enough to kill you, if it doesn't kill you, it does X damage then calculates Life Steal. Because LS is usually > 10% * mitigation (you need 90%+ mitigation for 5% LS to be more than it) you will regain all the HP you lost on the hit.

The game then moves on to the next hit and checks to see if you kill yourself instantly.

It does this 3 times for the 3 hits of WoL and it does this check for each individual monster hit.

If you WoL a huge pack, the chances that one of your hits is a massive high-end crit goes up and the chances for you to 1 shot yourself goes up.

This is why you will sometimes die and sometimes live despite having the same eHP and same buffs ... the range on your weapon makes for a very large variance in total damage done by a Crit.

———————————————————————————————————————

what dps can sweeping wind kill mp1 mobs at?

(i cannot test this on sc..and definately not on hc :p)

i.e. on d/c...sweeping wind active with master of wind in full TR build.

Because of the way SW works, there is no real way of getting SW to "1 shot" anything.

It hits ~60 times per second for ~1/3% weapon damage per hit. This adds up to 20% weapon damage per second but the hits don't all come at once.

If all 60 of the 60 hits crit, your SW will almost certainly kill any MP1 mob even with low DPS (<80k) and if all 60 hits don't crit I doubt even my SW will kill a MP1 mob (>200k DPS).

Because of this functionality, you are usually much better off using a bell-curve model and then making sure 20% of your weapon damage is at least 2 if not 3 standard deviations above the mean monster health on MP1. This will cause your SW to kill ~97% of monsters or ~99% of monsters that stay in it for at least 1 second.

If this approach is a bit to math intensive for you, you can instead go with the standard "more DPS = more dead mobs" plan. I wouldn't recommend being below 140k dps (as MP0 is better at that point) and I have not yet found a level of DPS that is "too high".

Good luck! :D
Reply Quote
@Druin

Thanks bro, I'm undestand what wrong with my monk now.
Reply Quote
Hi Druin and TR-Folks,

I wonder if you could point me into the right direction.

I (and probably most others as well) am looking for the best xp/h TR build. Let's leave the fun part aside, since I can always decide to take the second best approach if it is more fun.

I'm timing my runs and keeping score on xp/h for most of these builds in Act I and II. They mostly average around 70kk xp/h in Act I and 65kk xp/h in Act II. I think there is a lot of potential upward here. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

My options that I can think of are:
1. Gear: Bonus XP or Life% in helm. Hellfire ring (which has no dmg affixes except dex = ~152k dmg, 39% CC, 18% IAS) or Nat-ring + Boots (169k dmg, 46% CC, 27% IAS).
2. Build: Depending on CC or Dmg I could chose different TR-Builds.
3. MP: By taking life in helm and maybe another Amulet with more mitigation, but less dmg I could make my runs on higher MP
4. Key runs: I could keep making Key-Runs until I get a HR with CC. I can do these at MP8 and get around 3.5 keys/h, but only 30kk xp/h.
5. Routes: I could try to optimize my runs like pathing, running around the big mops until they are dead or only killing the small ones, skipping elites after 5 stacks of NV, refreshing DR:F every 30 sec...
6. Loot: I am mostly only picking up legendaries, DEs, tomes, gems, amulets and rings. I could try to memorize the names of wrists, bracers, shoulders and so on. This would slow me down a bit, but giving me a chance of potentially billions of gold for better gear.
7. High MP Builds: I could switch to TR-EP-Bell or Nirvana/Chimera or TriGen, but since we are in the TR compendium I will NOT concider this option

There are a lot of different combiniations I could try. My gear is mediocre. I have 2.17 SR in helm, and different SOJs, like 7% TR, 10% SW and 5% WoL, so I can run most builds, except the high-end ones.

Where do you think I should start optimizing? What are your average xp/h results with what spec and routes? Do you kill all mobs by running in circles or leave them alive?

@ Druin
Maybe you could optimize your guide a little bit (if this is even possible :)) by providing additional assistant based suggestions. Something like:
WHEN < 140k dps && CC > 45% && SR from gear > 4.4 THEN these are my suggestions: Cyclone-Circ I&II, Inner-Sub I&II&III...
WHEN > 140k && < 160k dps... and so on.

Anyways, thank you for what I consider the best Diablo3 guide I have read so far!
Reply Quote
Explanation
Get checkpoint in Core of Arreat
Begin game right outside Azmodan's room

This might be a stupid question, but i have to ask it anyway.

How do I start somewhere else as the hometown? No matter which checkpoint I get and leave, I always start in the hometown.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
This might be a stupid question, but i have to ask it anyway.

How do I start somewhere else as the hometown? No matter which checkpoint I get and leave, I always start in the hometown.

Haha!

For a long time in D3, when you had a checkpoint, it started you out right there when you began a game.

They changed that at some point (1.0.7?) so that when you enter a game with a checkpoint, you start in town with a portal open to that checkpointed spot.

This stops people in Hard Core from dying instantly upon entering a game.

Simply replace all instances of "start at ___" with "take portal to ___" and you should be good to go!
I know it's not ideal but what sort of regen would be needed to use a Fist of Az? Curious because I saw one with regen on it. Would be nice to use the same weapon for whatever build I liked.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I know it's not ideal but what sort of regen would be needed to use a Fist of Az? Curious because I saw one with regen on it. Would be nice to use the same weapon for whatever build I liked.

You can not reasonably TR via the method described in this guide with a Fist of Az.

FoA not only requires an additional ~7 spirit/sec to maintain TR with while only giving you ~3.3 but it also does less damage per TR hit which means it does less damage than a skorn.

That being said, it is TECHNICALLY possible.

You would have the following spirit profile:
Loss: 1.554 (APS of wep) * [1+ 0.08 (pants IAS)] = 1.674 APS * 10 (TR cost) = 16.74 spirit/sec

This means that you would need to make 16.74 spirit/sec WITHOUT guardian's path to break even assuming you have the least possible IAS (8% pants only).

This requires:
Gain: [2.5 (weapon) + 2.5 (hat) + 2.33 (ring) + 0.33 (inna's set) + 3 (inner storm) + 3 (MoH:CB) + 2 (CoR)] * [1+ 0.12 (templar)] = 17.54

Net: 17.54 - 16.78 = 0.76 gain

good luck! :D
View profile
Druin, the happy monk

<(^^<)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
<(^^<)

(>^^)>
Hi there,
I'm struggling with Pleveling and after reading this I really want to use this build. However I'm low on money, which end up in low lvl gear. I'm doing only like 50k DPS, around 250res, ...
What would you advise me to do, any help is appriciated..
Reply Quote
slojmo add me in game, maybe i can help you out. i'll be on here and there
Reply Quote
Hey druin I saw from your recent videos that you use another style of gameplay where you use exploding palm and blinding light to kill mobs. Does that method tend to be more efficient and if so, what would be the requirements to start doing that method?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
09/06/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Jelly
Hey druin I saw from your recent videos that you use another style of gameplay where you use exploding palm and blinding light to kill mobs. Does that method tend to be more efficient and if so, what would be the requirements to start doing that method?

I will assume when you say "blinding light" you mean "wave of light" in which case, yea!

Here is a link to my guide for that spec and stay tuned because I am coming out with a 2.0 version of it soon! :D

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9244925015

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]