Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

View profile
What is the ideal crit chance for this build?
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 05:42 PMPosted by MrNastyTime
What is the ideal crit chance for this build?

you should be looking for max rolls on everything. anything less would not be optimal, as this build relies heavily on cyclones
Reply Quote
@Wittster: Thanks, that's what I thought. Overgeared farming isn't my thing, so I'm sticking to incorporating TR into my current Cyclone build.

@Druin: I just tested Submission this morning with a two-handed white axe. I couldn't figure out what it was doing, but it displayed the same "white crit" behavior SW exhibits. I was hitting for 26 and 32 without Wrath and 30 and 36 with it. Those numbers might not be the exact ones, or maybe it just doesn't respect min=max configurations, but it sure looked like it was using crits. Can you point me to a thread, or post some test numbers, that say otherwise? There's a Submission post on the first or second page somewhere if you don't want to clutter your guide.
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 12/2/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@Wittster: Thanks, that's what I thought. Overgeared farming isn't my thing, so I'm sticking to incorporating TR into my current Cyclone build.

@Druin: I just tested Submission this morning with a two-handed white axe. I couldn't figure out what it was doing, but it displayed the same "white crit" behavior SW exhibits. I was hitting for 26 and 32 without Wrath and 30 and 36 with it. Those numbers might not be the exact ones, or maybe it just doesn't respect min=max configurations, but it sure looked like it was using crits. Can you point me to a thread, or post some test numbers, that say otherwise? There's a Submission post on the first or second page somewhere if you don't want to clutter your guide.

Feel free to clutter my guide, I don't mind.

Check out my Mechanics video, I talk a little about it there and you can watch it "crit."

My testing indicates that it does respect min=max situations and it also has a chance to "crit" for 1.2x damage independent of what your CHD is.

Let me know what you find though :D
Reply Quote
Really nice guide on TR. :)

I use TR mostly in farming (mp2 or 3) since I'm not in a hurry to reach p100 and I'm really having fun with the speed. Although I don't use 2H I can still do TR by changing some skills.
Reply Quote
Druin,

Nicely written guide. I've been TRing MP0 for the last 25 plvls and totally agree that its the only way to get exp.

Ive found, as you mentioned, that 6 spirit/sec from gear is about optimal. I made a little excel chart to help me when I was tweaking my spirit regen / spirit spent and for me, this was how it turned out:

http://imgur.com/t7sEJ

I think that pretty much jives with your findings. That +3 excess means I always have juice for SSS and /or serenity which as you know, is uber important.

Anyway, well done.

EDIT: Looks like my profile is showing 140K DPS.... not so much. With that Xeph ammy, my DPS is right around 120K.
Edited by Edward#1570 on 12/2/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't normally post in forums but my lazy !@# actually took the time to log and comment.

Thank you very much Druin for taking the time and making such a comprehensive and inspiring guide, it made me start leveling my monk.
Looking forward to trying this out in action, just a few more levels to go!

Greets from EU side! :D
Reply Quote
Very nice guide, thanks so much.

Does life per spirit spent work with tempest rush?
Reply Quote
====================================
Linked to Academy and Immortalized 12/02/12.
Entitled Master Druin's Motorcycle Workshop.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/2/2012 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Really nice guide on TR. :)

I use TR mostly in farming (mp2 or 3) since I'm not in a hurry to reach p100 and I'm really having fun with the speed. Although I don't use 2H I can still do TR by changing some skills.

Thanks!

I plan on making a 1h/shield build that doesn't abuse SW-lock at some point ... when I am less poor ;)

Druin,

Nicely written guide. I've been TRing MP0 for the last 25 plvls and totally agree that its the only way to get exp.

Ive found, as you mentioned, that 6 spirit/sec from gear is about optimal. I made a little excel chart to help me when I was tweaking my spirit regen / spirit spent and for me, this was how it turned out:

http://imgur.com/t7sEJ

I think that pretty much jives with your findings. That +3 excess means I always have juice for SSS and /or serenity which as you know, is uber important.

Anyway, well done.

EDIT: Looks like my profile is showing 140K DPS.... not so much. With that Xeph ammy, my DPS is right around 120K.

Glad you enjoyed it! The real key to the SSS is having that excess spirit. It took me forever to get there because I was using too much IAS gear but when I did ... oh man! SSS is the best.

I don't normally post in forums but my lazy !@# actually took the time to log and comment.

Thank you very much Druin for taking the time and making such a comprehensive and inspiring guide, it made me start leveling my monk.
Looking forward to trying this out in action, just a few more levels to go!

Greets from EU side! :D

I am happy to hear my guide has crossed country lines. ;)

Greets friend!

Very nice guide, thanks so much.

Does life per spirit spent work with tempest rush?

Thanks!

LPSS is pretty bad with TR. The reason for this is you will never have spirit to spend "on command" because you need to be spending it gradually. This means that you will be very vulnerable to spike damage.

If you are considering Transcendence, I would look into beacon of ytar instead so you have SSS more often and then, if you need the heals, switch BF:FitL with BoH:Blazing Wrath. BOH is a LOT less dps but you will get an "on command" heal.

Linked to Academy and Immortalized 12/02/12.
Entitled Master Druin's Motorcycle Workshop.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895

Much appreciated Mr. Raahl! <3
Reply Quote
Check out my Mechanics video, I talk a little about it there and you can watch it "crit."

My testing indicates that it does respect min=max situations and it also has a chance to "crit" for 1.2x damage independent of what your CHD is.

Let me know what you find though :D

I'll check out the video. I think I misspoke earlier about the min=max part; I either confused it with some other notes I took or just looked at my non-min=max notes and forgot I wasn't wearing a ring. I also noticed the "20% white crit" factor, but I didn't know it was straight 20%: I did a couple tests and got 32 (crit for 38) and 29 (35) for Submission with a two-hander and 30 (36) and 27 (33) with a one-hander. I got the higher pair in each set during the three-second mantra bonus, of course.
Reply Quote
hard to do this on Hardcore inferno but i can make this work on Hell much safer, i get about 16m per hour.
Reply Quote
Thanks alot for this guide! Really learned alot of new tricks from this, most from the mechanics vid.
Reply Quote
Before I moved onto Zuni boots, I used Fire Walkers w/ 274 dex (rolled dex and dex/str). They were 1.05 million when I bought them. (I just checked the AH, I guess they're not that cheap right now.) It was fun to rush around, leaving a trail of flames behind. They did around 3k-5k dmg per tick. I think there are 3 ticks total. The Zuni's I have are a 4k upgrade, but no flames :(.
Reply Quote
@Moreir: How could your 199 dex zuni is 4k dps upgrade from 274 dex firewalker?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 03:06 AMPosted by vell
@Moreir: How could your 199 dex zuni is 4k dps upgrade from 274 dex firewalker?

zuni has "add 7-8% to poison dmg"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/zunimassas-trail
Reply Quote
I must be missing something. Monk doesn't do poison damage, do we?
E.g. There's SW Tornado for thunder, or Bell for Holy, but poison?
Reply Quote
I must be missing something. Monk doesn't do poison damage, do we?
E.g. There's SW Tornado for thunder, or Bell for Holy, but poison?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413025317#13
Reply Quote
How do we get a SoJ with tempest rush? i havent seen any in the market..
Reply Quote
I run a very simular build what is said here, but use Wave of Light / Empowering wave. 1 bell will annihilate almost anthing in its radius and the xp bonus from 1 shot kills is way too good to pass up. I can sustain virually limitless TR but might try submission for its aoe affect and see how it goes. I use BOH/BW for a constantly sustained 15% boost to my DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]