Diablo® III

[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

I think I´ve read it here that you level by running just keep 2 with 2xleoric+2xhellfire+ruby in helm+cain set. I´ve never specifically run areas just for the exp but more like highest mp I felt comfortable with. Anyway, I was curious how much exp I could gain with this smart idea of yours, here´s the results of my last 3 runs (by run I mean 1 hour of exp farming):

MP3

- exp +51,615,700
- gold collected +661,415
- lifetime kills +4,687

- exp +52,234,663
- gold collected +746,562
- lifetime kills +4,562

- exp +49,935,403
- gold collected +662,186
- lifetime kills +4,438

What gives me trouble is I had to find an appropriate MP that would allow me to keep up WotB, kill fast and not die too much at the same time. With the Cain set I´m sort of squishy and one green suicidal monster blow up means death, also reflect damage is super annoying

here´s the current set up for the runs
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/840269

My crit is about 70%, 23 ticks on both weapons.

I´d like to know some specifics abour your own runs:
1. what MP
2. how many monster kills per hour
3. how much exp per hour

Any tips how to optimize these runs? Also, have you compared this to running standard/modifier alkaizer runs?

Anyway, also wanted to mention that azurewrath enchantress is fun, I´ve tested IAS rings (for now I stick with leoric+hellfire) on top of max azure aps and it was ridiculous, she´s an ice cold monster. Brilliant idea.

Nubtro! Its an honor.

For those runs. I run keeps 2 exclusively, with 0 elite kills. Only shrines I activate are Enlightened or Fleeting.

I average about 150 kills per minute it really depends on keeps 2 layout. Sometime's the layout is really bad.

I throttle my dps to about 30k and my HP is maxed out at 35k.

Here's a video showing how I do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCaBRrGqW4&feature=youtu.be

(I know you asked for something longer than 1 run, but yeah. >.>)

Title is slightly misleading. I think its about 1.6m exp per minute in that run. (run is slightly above 1 minute)

I don't like the fast OH setup because to optimize ticks I'd have to time my hits which wastes time. (Hence why I use EF)

You can see in this entire video the whole objective is to rend as many units as possible in the quickest way possible. The WW build is just there for its mobility and serves its purpose by keeping you mobile. However, the way the mobs are being killed is predominantly through Rend.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/6/2012 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi Uber, hoping to get your advice on this barb of mine. I was a launch player that left and came back and found this a very informative thread so thanks.

Main question is, what should I do with my weapons? I'm too nervous to drop my LS for an EF without it but I can't afford otherwise. Suggestions or tips?

Get a LS EF with CD (low dps) as your offhand.

Don't aim for sockets. they're usually more pricy.

Your MH can be of a higher damage range. 600-1200. But it might not be as cheap as the EF. focus on that first.

damn i just got mind !@#$ed...

how much then would it cost to make a ww barb capable of doing mp10 ubers?
Ive always wanted to make a barb but it was always too expensive for me...
would you be able to do like a barb building service for me? you would prolly be great at it :p

:P If you want to do ubers you'll have to make a HoTA barb. For ubers, HoTA is just way more efficient.

Hey Guys,

Is there any easy upgrade for me hereon?

Thanks in advance.

Need to know budget. At your current gear upgrades can get a little pricey.

12/06/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Kaboom
Hey Uber, what do you think i should spent my 250m to get the best result, DPS wise . New EF for MH ? I recently swap my 5pc IK to these entry level Mempo/Lacuni/Ice climber, dropping 10% crit to pump my IAS to 43% ( for any 0.21 EF IAS 23 tick breakpoint)

>.> I've reiterated multiple times. Entry level Ice climbers and Innas are counterproductive. You're better off with high str/vit blackthorne pants and high stat IK boots.

Ice climbers/Innas are only viable once you can afford the midrange ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing a section 3. I had your old post bookmarked and checked it often only to find this one today haha.

I'm a HC barbarian and am hoping to build a defensive build a lot like the person you linked to in Section 2 with reduce damage from Melee and Ranged. Stuff in HC is very expensive and I don't have more than a few million gold at any given time, any advice on what to upgrade next?

Also, I tried to do a lot of research on what is defined as "Melee" and "ranged" when it comes to Elite abilities. I think I've realized a lot of it is Melee if you have any more input.

Yeap. Alot of the elite abilities are melee

Tbh. I haven't gone into the HC market so I wouldn't know much about it.

What I do know is that there is an Ex-SC barb that's now on HC that's giving free advice for HC gearing. I know some HCer's don't really like the guy but go look up Appanim.

Any advice for the most significant upgrade I can make to help bump me up a notch in EHP & DPS? Thanks in advance!

Your DPS is fine. Go for High vit IK chest and vit lacunis. You could also probably upgrade that glove.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/6/2012 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Uber,

I'm getting clocked in MP6+ and it's irritating as hell.

I have 370m for one last big upgrade and I'd like to push into MP7-8 land. Please check me over,

I can roll MP4, but get trashed on MP6+. I would really appreciate your advice on best upgrades!

Leaning toward a EF w/ LS as my OH, but I think my DPS will take a dump...

I sincerely appreciate your advice!!!!
Reply Quote
alright mr uberjager, so I pretty much did everything you said, but what about for weapons?

for weapon change I have these two in my bank, are any of them better than the one i have now? (1185 dps with 129 str). I have a 1053 dps with 140% cd or 1077 dps with 90 cd and 2.5 ls. Both pretty much give me a 10k paper dps loss.

should I go with the advice you gave that other guy about getting a ~1000 dps EF with cd/ls and use the cd/os mace mh? budget is about ~50m
Reply Quote

Nubtro! Its an honor.

For those runs. I run keeps 2 exclusively, with 0 elite kills. Only shrines I activate are Enlightened or Fleeting.

I average about 150 kills per minute it really depends on keeps 2 layout. Sometime's the layout is really bad.

I throttle my dps to about 30k and my HP is maxed out at 35k.

Here's a video showing how I do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCaBRrGqW4&feature=youtu.be

(I know you asked for something longer than 1 run, but yeah. >.>)

Title is slightly misleading. I think its about 1.6m exp per minute in that run. (run is slightly above 1 minute)

I don't like the fast OH setup because to optimize ticks I'd have to time my hits which wastes time. (Hence why I use EF)

You can see in this entire video the whole objective is to rend as many units as possible in the quickest way possible. The WW build is just there for its mobility and serves its purpose by keeping you mobile. However, the way the mobs are being killed is predominantly through Rend.

Yeah after thinking about it for a few moments, I understand that lowest MP with just Rending stuff would be the fastest way to farm exp with a Barb.

Watched the video but couldn´t see if it was indeed MP0. Also which passives do you use beside Weapons Master? I guess Animosity/Unforgiving is there somewhere. Seems like you run Blade of the Warlord MH and EF OH for the Fury generation, I guess I did it wrongly - trying to adapt to a certain MP without changing my gear.

Hmm 35k displayed damage is enough to kill stuff? I´ll have to do some test runs. But thanks for the answer.
Reply Quote
Yeah after thinking about it for a few moments, I understand that lowest MP with just Rending stuff would be the fastest way to farm exp with a Barb.

Watched the video but couldn´t see if it was indeed MP0. Also which passives do you use beside Weapons Master? I guess Animosity/Unforgiving is there somewhere. Seems like you run Blade of the Warlord MH and EF OH for the Fury generation, I guess I did it wrongly - trying to adapt to a certain MP without changing my gear.

Hmm 35k displayed damage is enough to kill stuff? I´ll have to do some test runs. But thanks for the answer.

Yep, its Mp0

35k dps equates to about 60-70k buffed.

Barb base dps is extremely deceptive as compared to other classes as our buffs add so much.

My understanding of quick farming setup for any MP is to have enough damage that mobs die in 1 rend but do not die to WW or RLTW instantly. I use animosity/unforgiving/weapons master. :P

Also, vanguard rune for frenzy helps you recoup lost time if you:

1. accidently hit something.

2. need to build fury.

Yeah. You have to throttle your dps. The EF and Blade I'm using have no sockets/ they cost about 200k ea and under, so its really cheap.
Reply Quote
Hey Uber,

I have 370m for one last big upgrade and I'd like to push into MP7-8 land. Please check me over,

I can roll MP4, but get trashed on MP6+. I would really appreciate your advice on best upgrades!

There really shouldn't be a reason as to why you're not able to do Mp8-10. You seem to have the stats for it the only exception being your Lifesteal which I find low. Could it be the skills/passives you're using?

alright mr uberjager, so I pretty much did everything you said, but what about for weapons?

for weapon change I have these two in my bank, are any of them better than the one i have now? (1185 dps with 129 str). I have a 1053 dps with 140% cd or 1077 dps with 90 cd and 2.5 ls. Both pretty much give me a 10k paper dps loss.

should I go with the advice you gave that other guy about getting a ~1000 dps EF with cd/ls and use the cd/os mace mh? budget is about ~50m

I think your main issue comes about from your lack of HP. Aim for a better IK chest and a Lacunis with more stats, str+vit.
Reply Quote
He Uber,

Thanks for making this guide, it's helped me a lot.

I'm a HC barbarian and am hoping to build a defensive build a lot like the person you linked to in Section 2 with reduce damage from Melee and Ranged. Stuff in HC is very expensive and I don't have more than a few million gold at any given time, any advice on what to upgrade next?

Also, I tried to do a lot of research on what is defined as "Melee" and "ranged" when it comes to Elite abilities for damage reduction. I think I've realized a lot of it is Melee if you have any more input.
Reply Quote
He Uber,

Thanks for making this guide, it's helped me a lot.

Also, I tried to do a lot of research on what is defined as "Melee" and "ranged" when it comes to Elite abilities for damage reduction. I think I've realized a lot of it is Melee if you have any more input.

already replied to your previous comment (its the same as this one) above. :3
Reply Quote
Hi Überjäger,
first thanks for the thread. I tried the freezing enchantress and loved it a lot. :-))

I have a question for you and i hope you by no means take this wrong in any way. This is by no means my intent.
Here is my story. I play on EU and am currently at a point where my next upgrades cost quite a lot. I also do not want to spend 50-100 million on a marginal upgrade. Anyway i reaad your thread and saw how you and several other players talk on several other occasions about farming MP9-10 for items. Well MP9-10 are way too slow for me. So i took a look at yout Battlenet profile and realisef than many of hour stats (dps stats) are almost the same. So i thought maybe it is his attacks speed due to the Echoing Fury, which might result in much higher true dps. I loaded both hour profiles in http://www.d3rawr.com/d and to my surprise this is the result:

Überjäger true dps (with only passives):
793742 (against normal mobs)
1008052 (against elites)

My true dps (with only passives)
681824 (both normal mobs and elites)

I could get a witching hour with about 95 vitality, which according to this same page will give me more ehp than one with 50 all res and save me about 70 million (EU server prices). For about 50 million I can get one which will get me to your true dps against normal monsters (with a random one 787821)
My question: Is this gonna get me really to where farming mp9 will feel ok -ish, when it comes to speed? Or am I actually currently doing somethign wrong?
Please keep in mind my problem are not the elites. I am ok with them taking some time, but trash monster are currently way to slow to kill.

Thanks in advance for the answer and please excuse my english. I am not a native speaker and it has gotten a bit rusty. Any other advice is highly appreciated, but my amulet, pants and boots are self-found so i pretty much would like to keep those :-P

My EU profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/EshkoBeshko-2955/hero/19017907
Reply Quote

Yep, its Mp0

35k dps equates to about 60-70k buffed.

Barb base dps is extremely deceptive as compared to other classes as our buffs add so much.

My understanding of quick farming setup for any MP is to have enough damage that mobs die in 1 rend but do not die to WW or RLTW instantly. I use animosity/unforgiving/weapons master. :P

Also, vanguard rune for frenzy helps you recoup lost time if you:

1. accidently hit something.

2. need to build fury.

Yeah. You have to throttle your dps. The EF and Blade I'm using have no sockets/ they cost about 200k ea and under, so its really cheap.

Oh boy, I bought a Blade of Warlord and did 1 hour of these runs at mp2 (didn´t bother with lowering my damage) using Ravage and exactly those three passives and here´s the result:

lifetime 1,308,180 -> 1,315,096 = +6,916
gold 202,794,624 -> 203,230,370 = +435,746
exp 141,967,221 -> 211,232,784 = +69,265,563

an insane jump from 49-52 mil exp/ hour to almost 70 mil/hour and it could go even higher with a bit of tweaking...the thing that hurts the most is seeing the huge piles of gold behind (despite +21 pickup radius) and of course the drops I miss..

lol what am I going to do now that I´m paragon level 95.73 already which means with this method (if only I used it sooner) I´ll get to 100 within a few days oh well :/

thanks again for the response
Reply Quote
Uber great job helping people. Typically I don't post in these threads to often, but enjoy reading them for ideas. The frozen enchantress is amazing, I was able to sell my scoundrel gear and buy the gear for the enchantress and pocket 3-4m.

What would you recommend for my next 1-2 upgrades? I've been shopping for 230+Str/80+Vit/75+AR Ice Climbers the last week or so.

Thanks
Edited by Bulvine#1904 on 12/7/2012 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Uber,

Go WW/HoTA. Your upgrade budget is more than what all my gear is worth and I can do the majority of MP10 and solo ubers on MP9. Just need more sustain.
Edited by FeRMi#1453 on 12/7/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just to say thanks to Uberjager and Wayneold for the great guide!

Came across the guide while reading up on what type of equips to get for my barb. All my equip could probably do with much more upgrades since I bought them all for a total of less than 50,000 >.<

Will work on it when I have the gold (only have about 3mil...)
Reply Quote
Third try ;)

Not sure if you just didn't see it or if you don't want to answer, but here goes my next try :P

What kind of run are you doing when hunting for loot? You mentioned you do it on MP10 and obviously you got Keeps in there. But I would really love to know the specific route.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Great post Uber! My personal favority is the freeze enchantress section.

I've been running a ww barb with skorn and wanted to pick your brain on the subject. My aps is 1.6995 (with WotB active), or 17 ticks. With 1453 base weapon damage that's 24,701 raw nado/ww dps (before multiplying by the 0.2 ww or 0.4833 nado coefficients and before applying strength/crit/skill bonuses). Now, if I were to switch to a dual wielding setup with a 1200dps, 1.40 aps MH (witch is 857 base weapon damage) and a +.25 aps EF OH, that'd get me to 3.024 MH aps (30 ticks) and 2.664 OH aps (26 ticks). Multiplying 26 ticks/30 ticks by my 857 base MH damage would get me to 22,280 raw nado dps/25,710 raw ww dps (again, before applying coefficients and bonuses).

Unless my math is very wrong somewhere, it seems to me there is no dps advantage to dual wielding. You generate almost twice as much fury in the dual setup, but fury's not an issue for me at mp7-10. On the other hand, a mid range skorn with relatively high CD seems cost effective since, well, it is many times more likely to roll a good skorn than a good rare 1h axe or mace.

Any feedback would be deeply appreciated. Maybe I'm not have trouble with fury generation since my fully buffed CC is 82%, but i was fine at 72% before i switched rend for overpower.

Thanks again for the great post.
Reply Quote
Thanks again to Uber for this thread, but also to Wayneold. Unless I'm mistaken, his reply was shortly following a request of mine (I assume Uber simply asked Wayneold to respond), but that post about HOW to play WW barbs was most, most helpful. Thanks again to the both of you!
Reply Quote
Deleted
Edited by Ender#1728 on 12/7/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wanted to chime in on the experience runs. You can greatly improve your experience runs by following the proven method several people are already running.

If you run the Alkaizer run with replacing WOTB to Rend you can greatly improve your Exp per hour and also collect legendaries along the way. The way this works is the first two ports are for collecting a quick 5 stacks. These stacks will help you increase exp along the way. Then running the next 3 ports are the greatest mob/exp per hour possible. By farming this you can up your exp from 40-50 mil closer to 60-80. Depending on your DPS you should probably farm this route at MP0. Replacing WOTB with Rend is for the elite packs. You run in, rend, WW for 2 seconds and then they're dead.
Reply Quote
You can play around with different rend builds, but this rend build works best for me.

Bash - Inst
Whirlwind - Hurricane
Sprint - Run like the Wind
Battle Rage - Into the Fray
Overpower - Momentum (Instant Fury)
Rend - I use the greater range on MP0 or increased dmg for MP1.

My passives are Weapon Master, Animosity, Unforgiving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]