Diablo® III

[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

I need more EHP! Please help my fragile Barbarian with your knowledge!
Reply Quote

I have lower vit ones if you're interested, I'm waiting for pvp for those to go up in value.

Tbh. My EHP is fine now. >.> Its practically impossible for me to die unless I get careless. So there's really no point in keeping the AR ones.

I need ones with nice vit. I'd be willing to take a str loss but would want the higher dex in return. The current AH has poop.
Reply Quote
Wayne / Uber,

I wouldn't mind if you could critique where I could go next with my barb. I am loving the damage with my current weapon setup, but I know that I'll need more LS to effectively handle higher MPs. I've been doing MP0 runs for a while for the xp but with the expected changes in 1.07 I'd like to be able to more readily handle higher MPs (thus running without WotB right now). I feel I'm really pigeon holed in terms of "upgrades" because a step forward in damage means a big step back in EHP. Thanks in advance.

You need to balance out your life with some armor and all resistance as well as sustain. You have done a good job getting enough vitality not to get 1 hit, but now you need to start working on making all enemies hit softer....

The first thing that jumps out at me is you have no all resist on your shoulders, chest, pants, or gloves.....all slots that should have all resist on them. Instead you have chosen to load up on your helm, belt, boots, bracers and amulet.

Bracers and amulet are 2 areas where if you transitioned away from defensive stats and acquired crit chance and more offensive stats you could really see a significant boost in damage. Although your bracers and amulet are nice and do a great job right now you will notice if you get higher quality all resist pieces on your shoulders, chest, pants, or gloves you will be less dependent on the defense they currently provide. you have built a great set, but unfortunately you went defensive on the slots that are optimized for offense and vice versa. In order to upgrade you will have to transition a lot of the utility of your gear around and then work on optimizing each piece from there.....
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Iria
I need more EHP! Please help my fragile Barbarian with your knowledge!

Have you ever looked at replacing your gloves with an defensive rolled IK glove with a high vit, all resist, and armor roll? They also come with 5-6% melee damage reduction....I don't know how much that gets factored into EHP....I am a non-believer in that stat anyway.
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Wayneold
Have you ever looked at replacing your gloves with an defensive rolled IK glove with a high vit, all resist, and armor roll? They also come with 5-6% melee damage reduction....I don't know how much that gets factored into EHP....I am a non-believer in that stat anyway.

Hmm, good idea! Let me check some of the defensive ones. Thanks for the tip!
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Wayneold

Just checked diabloprogress. It seems since the IK gloves can only roll 2 random stats (100 Vitality and 80 All resist are the best rolls) I miss out on the superior stats of Tasker and Theo's extra socket (Vitality +58), massive extra armor, and other primary stats which the IK glove's melee reduction can't beat.

Edit: the life regen on the IK gloves however is nice.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/14/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Iria

Just checked diabloprogress. It seems since the IK gloves can only roll 2 random stats (100 Vitality and 80 All resist are the best rolls) I miss out on the superior stats of Tasker and Theo's extra socket (Vitality +58), massive extra armor, and other primary stats which the IK glove's melee reduction can't beat.

Edit: the life regen on the IK gloves however is nice.

Not a good idea for IK. The melee reduction gets watered down with each consecutive % reduction piece. That 20% on your thundergod belt is sufficient.
Reply Quote
Have people considered using cold Tal Rash ammy instead of SOJ? One rolled with high strength and CC isn't as expensive as I thought it'd be. I saw a couple on the AH for 300-500m yesterday, and that doesn't seem a crazy price considering it frees you up to use a rare ring instead of SOJ. At least one Barb is using it: you can check out FeRMi's setup here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FeRMi-1453/hero/36961

Obviously I am weary of paying a lot for an ammy after blizzard announces there will be a new craftable one. Who knows how godly that will be able to roll

@Wayne

I followed your advice from a week ago: traded my IAS IK gloves for ones with CD and upgraded Inna's for ones with 9 IAS to stay in the same breakpoint. Also upgraded my SOJ to a mid tear barb one. Paper dps stayed the same but my real damage output went up considerably. I was stuck on farming mp8 for a while and now farming mp10 :)

About the cold Tal Rasha's, I actually considered buying it. Was eyeing it for abit but felt that the 888m price tag on it wasn't warranted. I kinda expected it not to sell at that price and was intending to haggle down the owner when lo and behold it sold.

Tracked down the buyer and it turned out to be none other than Fermi :P

It's a good ammy. I just wouldn't pay the price for it given my current ones cost me 400m. :D
Reply Quote
Yeah, I looked at the possibility of IK boots and gloves combo for the +60 All resist but I would lose around 2.5M EHP from switching to IK from Tasker and Theo + Ice Climbers. I don't think 60 All resist can cover that lol.

At the moment I firmly believe the following are the BiS for raw EHP:

Head - Helm of Command with All res, socket, life% (nothing else viable)
Shoulders - Vile Ward with high Dex, Vit and Life% or Rare Shoulders
Amulet - Mara's Kaleidoscope with high Vit, Dex, and Life% or Rare Amulet
Gloves - Tasker and Theo with high Vit and All res or Rare Gloves
Chest - Blackthorne's Surcoat with Life% (nothing else viable)
Bracers - Rare Bracers
Rings - Justice Lanterns with All res, extra Vit, socket, or life% (one Legacy other non-Legacy, nothing else viable)
Belt - Thunder God's Vigor with All res (nothing else viable)
Legs - Blackthorne's Jousting Mail with high Vit and All res (nothing else viable)
Boots - Ice Climbers with high Vit, Dex, and extra armor (nothing else viable)
Main - Doombringer with high Vit and Dex (nothing else viable)
Off - Stormshield with high rolls and Life% (nothing else viable)

That leaves only flexibility in shoulders, amulet, gloves and bracers of the which bracers are the only item slot that don't have a viable legendary.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/14/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wayne / Uber,

I wouldn't mind if you could critique where I could go next with my barb. I am loving the damage with my current weapon setup, but I know that I'll need more LS to effectively handle higher MPs. I've been doing MP0 runs for a while for the xp but with the expected changes in 1.07 I'd like to be able to more readily handle higher MPs (thus running without WotB right now). I feel I'm really pigeon holed in terms of "upgrades" because a step forward in damage means a big step back in EHP. Thanks in advance.

You need to balance out your life with some armor and all resistance as well as sustain. You have done a good job getting enough vitality not to get 1 hit, but now you need to start working on making all enemies hit softer....

The first thing that jumps out at me is you have no all resist on your shoulders, chest, pants, or gloves.....all slots that should have all resist on them. Instead you have chosen to load up on your helm, belt, boots, bracers and amulet.

Bracers and amulet are 2 areas where if you transitioned away from defensive stats and acquired crit chance and more offensive stats you could really see a significant boost in damage. Although your bracers and amulet are nice and do a great job right now you will notice if you get higher quality all resist pieces on your shoulders, chest, pants, or gloves you will be less dependent on the defense they currently provide. you have built a great set, but unfortunately you went defensive on the slots that are optimized for offense and vice versa. In order to upgrade you will have to transition a lot of the utility of your gear around and then work on optimizing each piece from there.....

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for your input - I read and re-read what you wrote a few times and I think I've been doing myself somewhat of a disservice because while I have been increasing my EHP through gear choices, I've been hurting myself on the sustain end of things because my dam red has been lowered. I'm basically getting less mileage out of a HP because I give it up so quickly due to that lowered dam red right?
Edited by Derek#1971 on 1/14/2013 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am looking to upgrade my gloves... the min stats I am looking @...

8% atk speed; 8% CC; some CD; strength.

I have around 20 mill but am having a hard time finding better gloves than the ones I currently have (Sage Gesture).

The DPS I gain doesn't offset the vit I will be losing. IK gloves seem to be way to expensive for even just atk speed and CC (forget about CD).

Any ideas? Should I go for rares/set/legs?
Reply Quote
Think you could help me out? I was thinking of upgrading my litany to an 8 % IAS one (up from 6) to reach the 3.3 WoTB breakpoint without enchantress, but would simply getting a new dagger with attack speed accomplish that much cheaper? Besides that I was planning on getting new shoulders with 100 +vit once I find a good deal. After that I'm at a loss. I see all these guys with 2 mill TDPS and it makes me jealous as !@#$.
Reply Quote
Hi Uberjager / Wayne,

I would appreciate your thoughts on my barb, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Prime-6672/hero/28627734

I'm on a tight budget, atm I can spend 30-40m. What would you suggest the next upgrade and other improvements? Thank you very much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]