Diablo® III

[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

@ uber

You wearing your SoJ full time now?

I swap around when I deal with elites.

The reason why SoJ is so good against elites is because we're both using brawler. :P
Reply Quote
@ uber

You wearing your SoJ full time now?

The reason why SoJ is so good against elites is because we're both using brawler. :P

I am going to be interested to see what the clear speeds are for us....maybe we should do XP counts again? There has to be a better way to measure MP10 efficiency.....any suggestions?
Reply Quote

I am going to be interested to see what the clear speeds are for us....maybe we should do XP counts again? There has to be a better way to measure MP10 efficiency.....any suggestions?

XP count would do I suppose.

:P you gotta drop that hellfire ring tho. :D
Reply Quote
Dude it's really time you finish those other sections! ^^

I just a couple of minutes ago came up with the idea to - well - copy your build.

For whatever reasons I didn't really get how Overpower works. Why the hell would I want to cripple myself with using Warcry if I can have 10% crit chance with 99% uptime?¿ Resulting in no fury issues whatsoever and more healing via LS - that's way better than getting a boost on AR and armor.

Duh!

You knew this, everyone else knew this - but I didn't!

Damn you gotta think of us herp derps, too :P

I'm still a little too low on my AR (just about 500, with physical being on 580) to make it work on higher MP I fear. Any thoughts on Crushing Advance? Or should I stick with Killing Spree and try a passive like Superstition instead? I know you don't like defensive passives, but what can I do. Especially since my next planned upgrade were Lacunis - and getting those with resists is not exactly in my budget I fear.
Reply Quote

XP count would do I suppose.

:P you gotta drop that hellfire ring tho. :D

That means im going to need to find a good rare ring....right now I don't have a worthy replacement.
Reply Quote
i keep looking at this thread for ideas on what i really should do next with my gear and im at the point where i cant figure out what upgrade would be most beneficial to my barb any ideas would be appreciated http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mclovin-1300/
Reply Quote
Dude it's really time you finish those other sections! ^^

I just a couple of minutes ago came up with the idea to - well - copy your build.

For whatever reasons I didn't really get how Overpower works. Why the hell would I want to cripple myself with using Warcry if I can have 10% crit chance with 99% uptime?¿ Resulting in no fury issues whatsoever and more healing via LS - that's way better than getting a boost on AR and armor.

Duh!

You knew this, everyone else knew this - but I didn't!

Damn you gotta think of us herp derps, too :P

I'm still a little too low on my AR (just about 500, with physical being on 580) to make it work on higher MP I fear. Any thoughts on Crushing Advance? Or should I stick with Killing Spree and try a passive like Superstition instead? I know you don't like defensive passives, but what can I do. Especially since my next planned upgrade were Lacunis - and getting those with resists is not exactly in my budget I fear.

The 10% crit makes all your abilities more likely to crit which in turn reduces the cooldown of Overpower to the point that you can spam it once or twice every second.

Thats 165-330% damage in 9 yards every 1 second. Its a ridiculously overpowered AOE (lolpun).

@ Wayne,

I feel that barbs have a DPS output much higher than that of almost all other classes, e.g. the 500k dps wiz. The main issue is getting the mobs to be where you want them to be.

12/01/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Mclovin
i keep looking at this thread for ideas on what i really should do next with my gear and im at the point where i cant figure out what upgrade would be most beneficial to my barb any ideas would be appreciated

Gotta look abit more indepth then.

For one. 577 vit is terrible. Really really bad gearing. :/

Get it up to 1k from Chest/belt/ pants.

I see you're stacking alot of life%, but without the necessary 1k vit. any amount of life% is pointless.

Your MH needs a higher damage range. Damage modifiers on a MH are not advised unless you can afford them.

Remember, Damage range> lifesteal>socket>CD>Str.

Lifesteal is a personal preference, you can ignore it if you're comfortable with it not being on your MH.

But this is the order of importance for stats on a MH.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/1/2012 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Drew
If I'm a brand new level 60 barb with 50 mil, should I start farming my way to 100 paragon at MP10?

I think you should follow this guide.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199400949
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Drew
If I'm a brand new level 60 barb with 50 mil, should I start farming my way to 100 paragon at MP10?

Farm at whatever MP you're comfortable with lol.

By the look of your build Act 3 Hell Mp0 should do the trick.
Reply Quote
Uberjager, could you quickly name 2-3 things I can do to improve this char, more MH and OH and 1 piece of gear? (awesome guide btw, exactly what ive been looking for for a long time)

Overpower eh...I havent used it in the past but ill def try it out
Reply Quote
Hey I followed your Guide and Tuned my barb a bit got 24 MS etc check it out tell me what you think now THIS IS THE big question what should I get for more survivability ? AND can I drop the IK 2 set for better ? also what should I replace now. 2- 3 pieces please and ty
Edited by Tierwulf#1319 on 12/1/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Uberjager, could you quickly name 2-3 things I can do to improve this char, more MH and OH and 1 piece of gear? (awesome guide btw, exactly what ive been looking for for a long time)

Overpower eh...I havent used it in the past but ill def try it out

MH ring then your gems.

12/01/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Tierwulf
Hey I followed your Guide and Tuned my barb a bit got 24 MS etc check it out tell me what you think now THIS IS THE big question what should I get for more survivability ? AND can I drop the IK 2 set for better ? also what should I replace now. 2- 3 pieces please and ty

Instead of going Str/vit for innas shoulda gone a single high vit roll. 860 vit is abit low. Your all resists are pretty low as well. might have to swap out killing spree for crushing advance in the higher MPs for survivability. Try to find a WH with AR if you can afford it.
Reply Quote
So I cannot Drop 2set IK ?
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Tierwulf
So I cannot Drop 2set IK ?

60 AR is an awesome bonus. Helps out alot.
Reply Quote
What is a MH ring? (the one with all resist on it?)

Which gems? (the ones in my chest/legs?)

So my MH is groovy?

Thanks a lot for taking some time to suggest changes.
Reply Quote
What is a MH ring? (the one with all resist on it?)

Which gems? (the ones in my chest/legs?)

So my MH is groovy?

Thanks a lot for taking some time to suggest changes.

MH ring = the ring on your mainhand.

Gems because your setup is largely fine. Gem's would be the most solid investment (unless they come up with new gems, which we all wouldn't know about anyway) because you'll never ever need to replace them subsequently.
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks Uberjaber. I book marked this excellent thread.

(btw, what would you suggest for an upgrade to my Mh ring?)
Edited by Grogo#1481 on 12/1/2012 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks Uberjaber. I book marked this excellent thread.

(btw, what would you suggest for an upgrade to my Mh ring?)

Hot damn. Just realised you're relying heavily on your MH ring for AR.

._.

Swap pants out. 200 vit+ vit 2 socket. 60 ar. Str not necessary (good to have if you can afford it).

Ring should be AVG damage/CC/CD or IAS. Strength/vit if you can afford it.
Reply Quote
Hey Uber, wanted to bounce this off ya. I found the Blackthorn boots im wearing and since i was doing speed runs to hit 85 I put them on because my slow climbers dont have MS. The 7% reduced damage from elites got me thinking about what you wrote about the Ice Climbers.

If the 10% to cold damage is bis for mitigation, wouldnt that make the 7% reduction from elites maybe even better? I thuoght so, even if im wrong, its still a good mod to have. So I found an ok IK chest piece that had 6% on. So now im sitting at 13% reduction from elites.

The trade off is about 6 or 8k dps loss from my ice climbers. Not the end of the world and if I can sort out an echo with a socket I think it will put me comfortably ahead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]