Diablo® III

[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Hey uber
Love your thread
Just level'd a barb and starting gearing
Could you take a look and help me out with upgrades?
Also with using EF the fear is really annoying but it adds allot of dps for cheap
I've got about 50mill
Edited by saltyoral#6414 on 12/3/2012 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
For now, these players are on top. Come next market shift, they'll be crying again as they have to regear and either spend another 30k usd or go cry in a corner.

AFAIK I'm just here for the ride. Play the best I can play. Find out things about certain mechanics that no one knows. Try new combinations. etc.

Thats fun to me.

Yeah, you sure are. And I guess that's what makes me angry. I used to be on top in almost all my games I played, considering myself "hardcore" or "pro". But I refused to adapt to the finances thing in D3 and thereby have become a casual. That's probably where my anger comes from.

But oh well, I won't change things by crying. So I just gotta live with it.

Again my sincerest apologies for derailing your thread to my little whine-fest :P

Back to business!
Edited by Este#2536 on 12/3/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey uber
Love your thread
Just level'd a barb and starting gearing
Could you take a look and help me out with upgrades?
Also with using EF the fear is really annoying but it adds allot of dps for cheap
I've got about 50mill

Dude. Just swap your sunkeeper and your EF around. Should help you tonnes.

After doing that. play around abit then tell me how it goes.

Yeah, you sure are. And I guess that's what makes me angry. I used to be on top in almost all my games I played, considering myself "hardcore" or "pro". But I refused to adapt to the finances thing in D3 and thereby have become a casual. That's probably where my anger comes from.

But oh well, I won't change things by crying. So I just gotta live with it.

Again my sincerest apologies for derailing your thread to my little whine-fest :P

Back to business!

haha np man.
Reply Quote
Hey Uber,

Just change to WW style yest nite apart from WT, need some advice tho, but profile is not updated yet :(

What is the best attack speed and CC you recon for a change? Tried WW yest but seems like a bit slow compare to ur videos...
Reply Quote
Uberjager,

Thank you for all the information provided in your posts. For the last week or so i have been reading through all the posts from other people and inspecting there gear to try and pick up on what is good and what is bad gear, and I was wondering if you would mind giving my barb a quick look and telling me anywhere that I have gone wrong or where I am extreme lacking.

I am currently trying to grab a decent pair of IK boots off the AH to boost my AR by about another 140 AR and was hoping to maybe grab a pair with 100 or so dex.

Also I have been wondering if since I am wearing IK belt could I drop LS on my MH and keep on an OH so that I could load my dps up higher?

Currently able to do mp 5 with mild difficulty but would like to make sure my very limited gold supply goes towards upgrades that will have some sort of reason not just simply more dmg.
Reply Quote
How does the SOJ with cold dmg work?
swapped the weapons seems allot better,
if im dieing to say electrified , molten, desecrater, is that because i don't have enough defence?
For e.g MP5 melee elites with elec,firechains, im hitting them all doin good dmg but it slowly wears me down till i die, taking me about 2-3 deaths to kill em
Edited by saltyoral#6414 on 12/3/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Uber, you rock man. And profile is actually updated!

http://d3up.com/b/129070
Reply Quote
Hey Uber, I could really use your help.. for I want to try and get my dps to about 200K unbuffed w/o sacrificing defense.. Is this possible? I've recently got a few great items for sale on AH and will have some gold to upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply Quote
Anyone able to give me advice on what to upgrade next?

Just got the Innas and Ice Climbers for cheap so working on my vit and all res next.
Reply Quote
I've finally hit paragon 100. :-) I can only afford Ice Climbers with 8% movement speed for my boots. Question is, what does movement speed have as an effect on my barbarian? Should I invest on more movement speed to hit the 24% ms limit? I get my ms buffed anyway when I use my skills and get NV stacks, WOTB, etc.

Thanks in advance for the reply dude.
Reply Quote
Bro Uber,
just got a few upgrade for my barb. dps with buffed is around 90k.
Also upgrading my follower like the one you suggest in first page, working great.

Anything you could recommend me to hit dps above 100k? i can run mp4-5 quite smooth now, just some minor issue with RD elite, still trying to upgrade my MH without losing my current aps.

The price in AH is sure going nuts. and it is hard to bid on them, since i dont know why the seller is pretty fast in outbidding me. is this some kind of a hack? just wondering

Thanks.
Reply Quote
View profile
400k ehp soloing mp10 here too np.

Why all the jazz on ww lol. A well geared barb should be able to play any spec and pick the one best for his own play style.

3 min requirements= enough ias , enough dps , enough survivability summarised it.

Ps: sry I was bored uberjager lol
Reply Quote
Hey Uber,

Just change to WW style yest nite apart from WT, need some advice tho, but profile is not updated yet :(

What is the best attack speed and CC you recon for a change? Tried WW yest but seems like a bit slow compare to ur videos...

Check Nubtro's thread for IAS breakpoints.

for CC get as much as possible. The more the better. So ultimately it isn't about ideal CC, but more of "how much CC before it costs too much"

Uberjager,

Thank you for all the information provided in your posts. For the last week or so i have been reading through all the posts from other people and inspecting there gear to try and pick up on what is good and what is bad gear, and I was wondering if you would mind giving my barb a quick look and telling me anywhere that I have gone wrong or where I am extreme lacking.

I am currently trying to grab a decent pair of IK boots off the AH to boost my AR by about another 140 AR and was hoping to maybe grab a pair with 100 or so dex.

Also I have been wondering if since I am wearing IK belt could I drop LS on my MH and keep on an OH so that I could load my dps up higher?

Currently able to do mp 5 with mild difficulty but would like to make sure my very limited gold supply goes towards upgrades that will have some sort of reason not just simply more dmg.

I'd rather drop CD than LS but its all a matter of personal preference. Ideally you'd want as much damage range as possible on your MH.

How does the SOJ with cold dmg work?
swapped the weapons seems allot better,
if im dieing to say electrified , molten, desecrater, is that because i don't have enough defence?
For e.g MP5 melee elites with elec,firechains, im hitting them all doin good dmg but it slowly wears me down till i die, taking me about 2-3 deaths to kill em

try swapping out superstition for bloodthirst and tell me the results.

12/03/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Pooky
Hey Uber, I could really use your help.. for I want to try and get my dps to about 200K unbuffed w/o sacrificing defense.. Is this possible? I've recently got a few great items for sale on AH and will have some gold to upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Your dps is ok btw. That CC from your cold soj as well as your elite % damage doesn't directly translate to sheet dps, but tbh, you're doing decent in the dps department. I'd try to upgrade your defense.

Anyone able to give me advice on what to upgrade next?

Just got the Innas and Ice Climbers for cheap so working on my vit and all res next.

Ice climbers and Innas are only viable right now if you can afford relatively decent Ice climbers and innas. (150 combined str/vit innas and 300 combined str/vit ice climbers).

Lower tier Ice climbers do NOT give you any benefit whatsoever, you'd have been better off completing that 2 piece BT set with BT pants and going 3 piece IKs (boots, belt, gloves).

Then get a entry level mempos but make sure it doesn't drop your crit below 35%.

I've finally hit paragon 100. :-) I can only afford Ice Climbers with 8% movement speed for my boots. Question is, what does movement speed have as an effect on my barbarian? Should I invest on more movement speed to hit the 24% ms limit? I get my ms buffed anyway when I use my skills and get NV stacks, WOTB, etc.

Thanks in advance for the reply dude.

movement speed is way important for WW barb. Get lacunis. At this point you can probably afford high stat innas and ice climbers.

Bro Uber,
just got a few upgrade for my barb. dps with buffed is around 90k.
Also upgrading my follower like the one you suggest in first page, working great.

Anything you could recommend me to hit dps above 100k? i can run mp4-5 quite smooth now, just some minor issue with RD elite, still trying to upgrade my MH without losing my current aps.

The price in AH is sure going nuts. and it is hard to bid on them, since i dont know why the seller is pretty fast in outbidding me. is this some kind of a hack? just wondering

Thanks.

Mainhand. Get high damage range/ socket/ lifesteal. Str/vit optional, CD too expensive. Look for a cheap one to snipe. Mace with 600-1100 damage range ideal.

400k ehp soloing mp10 here too np.

Why all the jazz on ww lol. A well geared barb should be able to play any spec and pick the one best for his own play style.

3 min requirements= enough ias , enough dps , enough survivability summarised it.

Ps: sry I was bored uberjager lol

Find me a barb that geared 260k unbuffed dps that has enough IAS to hit 2.86 and 2.51 breakpoints, has 1M EHP and has lifesteal on MH and OH giving him the maneuverability to stack up to a maximum of 11%+ lifesteal passives included.

And did everything for under 3b. (mines 2.4)

:P Then I'll say thats the barb that already knows what I'm putting in this thread and my thread is redundant for him.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/4/2012 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pretty neat share of information up there, Uber.

Now to work on hitting my dps over 100k... * request a sticky* This thread deserves one.
Reply Quote
Pretty neat share of information up there, Uber.

Now to work on hitting my dps over 100k... * request a sticky* This thread deserves one.

Gotta finish the guide first. Getting a headache trying to figure out how to address section 3 because flipping no longer works on the same level it used to prior to 1.05. Problem with "underpriced gear" is that its subjective, entirely based off the whims of the free market. So if I say i.e. Blackthornes chest is underpriced, get it now and people start emptying the market it'll cease to be underpriced.

The way it's looking I'll probably have to cut and paste an elementary level excerpt off a book for economics. Which is completely defeatist since most people wouldn't get it and it'd be extremely hard to follow.

Right now I'm looking to get section 4 done with wayneold. But this will take time.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 12/4/2012 6:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice guide Uber, thanks for the effort! Having followed it and built up my barb into quite a decent shape. However, kind of stuck now since I could not think of any cheap upgrades. Can you please take a look at my profile and leave some advices (Having a better mempo with higher stats, but using the one in profile for the pickup radius)? Really appreciate your help!

P.s. I am also a SG barb (Toa Payoh) :)
Reply Quote
When switching weapons, is adding another 200min dmg (700-1100 range) worth losing 100str and 50% CD? (old range 500-1100). I'd also gain a 3rd source of LS.
Reply Quote
I must say that this guide was super helpful to me. It's great to have all that info in one place - thanks for doing this. I played SnB for a long time, and I used this info to try out the WW build. I bought my two weapons based on the guide (spent less than 10mil for the pair). From there I got the Lacunis and an IAS ring to take me up in breakpoints (calculated using Nubtro's thread). I would have to add IAS to 3 more pieces of gear to get up to the next breakpoint for either weapon, so that doesn't seem like a good idea since my budget is pretty low (I'd end up loosing a fair amount of CC/CD in exchange for the IAS). I've got around 700 EHP which seems decent. From testing it out, it seems I can do okay in MP 5-6, but at 7 I start to be more fragile w/ bad elite modifier combinations and kill mobs pretty slowly. MP 4 feels pretty good.

So first, I'd love some feedback on my gear and any ideas for future upgrades. I have about 30mil, but I could save up some more if it made sense based on suggestions. In general it seems like I need to focus on bumping up my DPS more than my EHP at this point. Here's some things I've been pondering (but do let me know if none of these are the best thing to go after next):
* I'm thinking probably weapon gems would be the best place to start, but it seems crazy to me how expensive the 100% CD gems are. Perhaps get 90% for each weapon?
* Some better Lacunis that have CC would be nice, but I'd probably have to drop the the AR, vit, or both unless I saved up for some that were quite pricey.
* I could look for an IK helm or boots with higher str, although that tends to get expensive pretty quickly.
* Are my weapons a weak link? I could always look for a better MH or OH if that would be the biggest improvement.

Second, any thoughts on running a WW build with a shield? I kept my Stormshield (9% CC, 27% block), and it actually works reasonably well from the testing I've done. I can do MP 5 or so with it with no other changes to me gear other than swapping the OH for the shield. The biggest difference seems to me that fury generation and management is trickier. I guess with the extra CC from the shield, you could use other gear slots to increase IAS/CD further. Just not sure if there's really a reason to do that, as in would there be any aspect of it that would have an edge over dual wielding. I guess you wouldn't have any inconsistencies in performance from the switch between MH and OH on Sprint-RLtW, but I'm not sure what else.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Thank you for your guide uber! I was able to pick up some nice deals over the past week:
(1) Inna's Temperance with 179 vit for 60 million gold
(2) Andy's with 9% IAS and 10% fire for 500k gold
(3) Lacuni's with 9% ias, 4.5 cc and 90 vit for 29 million gold

I was able to easily handle solo MP6 key runs / MP7 ubers in a group!

My next plan is upgrading weapons. What do you think works more effectively/better value?
- Butcher's Sickle with socket (comes with native crit + LS) and EF with crit + socket *or*
- High DPS mace with crit + socket and a EF with socket + LS
Reply Quote
Über,

Great post and information!! You inspired me to break out my barb and play him again after capping and shelving him long ago.

I went with your damage reduction budget setup (3 pc IK, 4pc Blackthorns) and between stuff I had laying around and stuff I bought, I spent about 30 mil putting him together. Easily the least expensive and most fun I've had in a while. It is particularly fun to play with a CM freeze lock wizzy running slow time-stretch time.

For those who haven't tried it, the low AR, damage reduction setup is a hoot and it can be put together CHEAPLY!! My resists are in the 300's with only lightning north of 400 and it functions quite nicely.

Thanks again, great stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]