Diablo® III

[2]Uberjager's thread on Ubergearing WW Barbs

Great advice/read Wayneold....can't wait to get home to watch the vids...this helps me out tremendously as I'm sure the vids will just reinforce what is written..

thanks
Reply Quote
Damn, switched weapons (more avg dmg and LS, losing str and CD in the process) and it's already better. Paper DPS went down a little but I feel way more powerful. And having 3 sources of LS allows me a somewhat easy time in mp7, which is where I'm farming keys and ubers.

Thanks!

Wayneold, zomg nice write-up. It is very much appreciated. I have never seen someone moving so "sharply", I tend to make way bigger cycles around mobs. Looks like I'm wasting my nadoes.

Lesson learned, thank you, kind Sir!
Reply Quote
Great advice/read Wayneold....can't wait to get home to watch the vids...this helps me out tremendously as I'm sure the vids will just reinforce what is written..

thanks

Damn, switched weapons (more avg dmg and LS, losing str and CD in the process) and it's already better. Paper DPS went down a little but I feel way more powerful. And having 3 sources of LS allows me a somewhat easy time in mp7, which is where I'm farming keys and ubers.

Thanks!

Wayneold, zomg nice write-up. It is very much appreciated. I have never seen someone moving so "sharply", I tend to make way bigger cycles around mobs. Looks like I'm wasting my nadoes.

Lesson learned, thank you, kind Sir!

You're welcome, glad it helped.
Reply Quote
On a different note,

I know your videos were just to show the techniques, but it looks like you guys are spending lots of time in Keep 2 exclusively. Is this a valid way to farm? Going high MP and just doing this level? What about getting stacks?

Just wondering, Alkaizer route gets very annoying once you did it 30 times a day or something :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Great write-up has helped me alot. I've gained alot DPS by swapping to inna's/ice climbers and dropping my IK 5 pc. I am able to farm MP8 keys and Ubers with ease/efficiently but struggle hitting MP10(takes a long time).

I think the biggest notice change would be me getting a WH and one of my weapons changed to Life steal?(both eventually) Anyways I have roughly 250M to spend, what weapon would you replace Uberjager? EF lifesteal or fast dagger/sword lifesteal? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to all the gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Haste-1425/hero/4164686
Reply Quote
You say to hit 2 aps. w/ mace 1.2 and EF OH I'm at 1.99. Is that not enough for the tick? Meaning do I really have to buy a lacuni with 9% ias instead of the 8% ias on my current ones?

*currently deciding what to upgrade/sidegrade next.
Reply Quote
go ahead and put me on blast, im ready.

Either you...

Change nothing, but play a throw barb.

or

Drop Andariels Visage get Basic entry mempos.

Drop Witching hour get IK belt.

Drop str temperance, get vit temperance.

Drop Lacunis, get Str/Vit/AR versions

I'd advise you to change your weapons as well but it'd break your bank :/

ty, did all of the above.

for weapon change I have these two in my bank, are any of them better than the one i have now? (1185 dps with 129 str). I have a 1053 dps with 140% cd or 1077 dps with 90 cd and 2.5 ls. Both pretty much give me a 10k paper dps loss.
Edited by Jarik#1151 on 12/5/2012 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice writeup Wayneold!

Uber - y u no section 3?
Reply Quote
Hi Uber, hoping to get your advice on this barb of mine. I was a launch player that left and came back and found this a very informative thread so thanks.

Main question is, what should I do with my weapons? I'm too nervous to drop my LS for an EF without it but I can't afford otherwise. Suggestions or tips?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:37 PMPosted by MOOT
You say to hit 2 aps. w/ mace 1.2 and EF OH I'm at 1.99. Is that not enough for the tick? Meaning do I really have to buy a lacuni with 9% ias instead of the 8% ias on my current ones?

Based on d3rawr (http://www.d3rawr.com/d), you are at 2.0022 APS (20 ticks) for both MH and OH without WOTB up.

When WOTB is up (which should be all the time), APS is 2.3547 (23 ticks), you can afford to drop 9% ias and still stay at 23 ticks, or pick up another 11% ias to go up to 26 ticks.

I would say you are good for IAS currently. As for upgrades, I will leave that to the gearing experts.
Reply Quote
Updated Wayneold's guide into Section4.

Nice writeup Wayneold!

Uber - y u no section 3?

Haha, I got IRL stuff lah. Go apply student visa need to do medical. Sian.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Uberjager
Updated Wayneold's guide into Section4.

Thanks man! Hope it was what you wanted...if you need anything else let me know.
Reply Quote
damn i just got mind !@#$ed...

how much then would it cost to make a ww barb capable of doing mp10 ubers?
Ive always wanted to make a barb but it was always too expensive for me...
would you be able to do like a barb building service for me? you would prolly be great at it :p
Reply Quote
Hey Guys,

Is there any easy upgrade for me hereon?

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Hey Uber, what do you think i should spent my 250m to get the best result, DPS wise . New EF for MH ? I recently swap my 5pc IK to these entry level Mempo/Lacuni/Ice climber, dropping 10% crit to pump my IAS to 43% ( for any 0.21 EF IAS 23 tick breakpoint)
Reply Quote
I think I´ve read it here that you level by running just keep 2 with 2xleoric+2xhellfire+ruby in helm+cain set. I´ve never specifically run areas just for the exp but more like highest mp I felt comfortable with. Anyway, I was curious how much exp I could gain with this smart idea of yours, here´s the results of my last 3 runs (by run I mean 1 hour of exp farming):

MP3

- exp +51,615,700
- gold collected +661,415
- lifetime kills +4,687

- exp +52,234,663
- gold collected +746,562
- lifetime kills +4,562

- exp +49,935,403
- gold collected +662,186
- lifetime kills +4,438

What gives me trouble is I had to find an appropriate MP that would allow me to keep up WotB, kill fast and not die too much at the same time. With the Cain set I´m sort of squishy and one green suicidal monster blow up means death, also reflect damage is super annoying

here´s the current set up for the runs
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/840269

My crit is about 70%, 23 ticks on both weapons.

I´d like to know some specifics abour your own runs:
1. what MP
2. how many monster kills per hour
3. how much exp per hour

Any tips how to optimize these runs? Also, have you compared this to running standard/modifier alkaizer runs?

Anyway, also wanted to mention that azurewrath enchantress is fun, I´ve tested IAS rings (for now I stick with leoric+hellfire) on top of max azure aps and it was ridiculous, she´s an ice cold monster. Brilliant idea.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 12/6/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Strongly request for a video of uber exp farming. Just one round of keep2 showing total exp before n after will be great!
Reply Quote
griever83 one round wouldn´t be enough because you should leave the game as soon as you run into a dead end so the rounds vary exp wise a lot, depending on which direction you run and how long your kill streaks are.
Reply Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing a section 3. I had your old post bookmarked and checked it often only to find this one today. Glad to see the new additions
Edited by Michael#11164 on 12/7/2012 4:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
Any advice for the most significant upgrade I can make to help bump me up a notch in EHP & DPS? Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]