Diablo® III

Upgrade me plz!

I have a 10m budget now and would like to know what I can upgrade to best my DPS? My profile hasn't updated but my mainhand ring is different, the current one I have is +25dmg/70dex/80vit/28CD/4.5CC it gives me about 5k more dps. I know 10m is nothing but what is my best shot at getting more dps without sacrificing too much defense?
Reply Quote
^^^^^^
Reply Quote
Hi OhSnap, ur monk is coming along well! I have a few things to note though that may help gearing your monk for the future. I have noticed that you are keeping a lot of vit on your rings and ammy, these are one of the best locations for offensive stats. I would suggest (albeit slowly) trying to move your vit off these and onto your main armor. This will make it easier in the future to upgrade your dps (as dex and vit on these parts makes them expensive!).

An Ammy with at least 2 of the trifecta (preferring Crit Damage as it can roll to 100% on ammy) and high dex / other stats would get you a large dps increase alone.
Reply Quote
Hi OhSnap, ur monk is coming along well! I have a few things to note though that may help gearing your monk for the future. I have noticed that you are keeping a lot of vit on your rings and ammy, these are one of the best locations for offensive stats. I would suggest (albeit slowly) trying to move your vit off these and onto your main armor. This will make it easier in the future to upgrade your dps (as dex and vit on these parts makes them expensive!).

An Ammy with at least 2 of the trifecta (preferring Crit Damage as it can roll to 100% on ammy) and high dex / other stats would get you a large dps increase alone.

TYVM for your reply. I will keep that in mind to get as much DPS on jewelry as I can and put vit/life on my armor. How are you able to stay alive with just 2.7LS and 330 LOH? What's a good DPS to start using LS?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199034638#2
refer to the above link, basically take out BOH for the above skills.

BOH 15% dps boost
Link 34% dps boost
Reply Quote
Thanks guys, I've updated my Ammy and i got a 10k dps boost from it. Whats next for me guys?
Reply Quote
TYVM for your reply. I will keep that in mind to get as much DPS on jewelry as I can and put vit/life on my armor. How are you able to stay alive with just 2.7LS and 330 LOH? What's a good DPS to start using LS?

Hey again OhSnap. I can survive, mostly due to the LS I have. I would like more, to even out the spikes, but thats something im working on. I would only recommend moving to LS once you start to hit 80k dps, as you start outputting enought DPS to compensate for the LS reduction in Inferno. With my current LS / LoH, I dont die very often doing solo MP5 runs, ill put it that way.

I would also say that your total armor is a little on the low side, try to aim for at least 5000 armor and 10% of that as resists (500). This seems to be the balance a lot of people suggest. This will certainly help a little if you find yourself dying frequently.

When you are upgrading, try and do it in phases, offensive items, and then defensive items. If you go all out on DPS, then you know what will happen :S I would suggest upgrading your defence items, and still potentially get more DPS, but not at the risk of survivability.

You could start thinking about Legendary items, but a lot of these have substantial trade offs from your regular rares, so it is best to come up with a goal, and slowly work towards it.

If you wanna have a chat / run in game, then feel free to add me :) In in NZ tho, so the times I'm no may not work for ya.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Anarki99

Hey again OhSnap. I can survive, mostly due to the LS I have. I would like more, to even out the spikes, but thats something im working on. I would only recommend moving to LS once you start to hit 80k dps, as you start outputting enought DPS to compensate for the LS reduction in Inferno. With my current LS / LoH, I dont die very often doing solo MP5 runs, ill put it that way.

I would also say that your total armor is a little on the low side, try to aim for at least 5000 armor and 10% of that as resists (500). This seems to be the balance a lot of people suggest. This will certainly help a little if you find yourself dying frequently.

When you are upgrading, try and do it in phases, offensive items, and then defensive items. If you go all out on DPS, then you know what will happen :S I would suggest upgrading your defence items, and still potentially get more DPS, but not at the risk of survivability.

You could start thinking about Legendary items, but a lot of these have substantial trade offs from your regular rares, so it is best to come up with a goal, and slowly work towards it.

If you wanna have a chat / run in game, then feel free to add me :) In in NZ tho, so the times I'm no may not work for ya.

I'm only at around 68k dps unbuffed and close to 80k DPS buffed so I'll need a bit more dps before moving to LS. I'm still a bit confused to what I should upgrade first, my budget remains at a measly 10m even after my ammy upgrade. What should I upgrade next?

Unfortunately I'm pacific time so I'm probably playing when you're sleeping and vice versa.
Reply Quote
Hey again OhSnap, well, you upped your DPS by 10k so thats pretty good! I would probably start trying to upgrade that armor of yours. Without STI, you only have 2709 armor, so if you can increase that, that would be good! Maybe try for a new chest with more Dex and Vit, and same for the boots.

You could also start looking at some nice legends if thats the path you want to go down.

Also, have you tried using a DPS / EHP calculator? They can be quite good when comparing items. I use http://www.d3rawr.com, its pretty good!
Reply Quote
Hey again OhSnap, well, you upped your DPS by 10k so thats pretty good! I would probably start trying to upgrade that armor of yours. Without STI, you only have 2709 armor, so if you can increase that, that would be good! Maybe try for a new chest with more Dex and Vit, and same for the boots.

You could also start looking at some nice legends if thats the path you want to go down.

Also, have you tried using a DPS / EHP calculator? They can be quite good when comparing items. I use http://www.d3rawr.com, its pretty good!

Thanks! I made a few upgrades and I'm at 79k dps and started using LS on my offhand, I'm thinking about getting a new MH with LS too but it's quite expensive. My profile finally updated with my new items, what do you think my next move should be to get more DPS to make better use of my LS?
Reply Quote
Hi OhSnap,

Well, you are getting close to the max Crit Dmg you can get, as well as Crit Chance, unless you go for Nats boots and ring, which are very expensive for a nice roll. And remember, most stats suffer from diminishing returns when you get them high enough.

You only have 8% IAS now that you're not using the andys helm, so thats a stat that you could get more of. Having an total attack speed of over 2.0 for a monk is extremely handy and useful.

I have noticed that you have no IAS on any of your rings / gloves / ammy (i know you upgraded it, but it doesnt have to have IAS if you have some on rings). You may want to start thinking about these pieces, but remember, you will potentially have to loose Vit, in preference to an offensive stat, and rings with the complete trifecta (CD, CC, IAS) are really really expensive.... which brings me to.....

You are now at the point where choosing gear gets rather tricky, as the gains you get arent as high as they were before, also, if you are swapping one stat for another e.g. IAS instead of CD, make sure that the drop is compensated for, which is where calcs come in handy.

How does that sound to you? As you progress, it does become progressively harder to upgrade..........unless you are an AH flipper, or use your credit card :) Otherwise you will have to wait for an AMAZING drop :P
Reply Quote
Hi OhSnap,

Well, you are getting close to the max Crit Dmg you can get, as well as Crit Chance, unless you go for Nats boots and ring, which are very expensive for a nice roll. And remember, most stats suffer from diminishing returns when you get them high enough.

You only have 8% IAS now that you're not using the andys helm, so thats a stat that you could get more of. Having an total attack speed of over 2.0 for a monk is extremely handy and useful.

I have noticed that you have no IAS on any of your rings / gloves / ammy (i know you upgraded it, but it doesnt have to have IAS if you have some on rings). You may want to start thinking about these pieces, but remember, you will potentially have to loose Vit, in preference to an offensive stat, and rings with the complete trifecta (CD, CC, IAS) are really really expensive.... which brings me to.....

You are now at the point where choosing gear gets rather tricky, as the gains you get arent as high as they were before, also, if you are swapping one stat for another e.g. IAS instead of CD, make sure that the drop is compensated for, which is where calcs come in handy.

How does that sound to you? As you progress, it does become progressively harder to upgrade..........unless you are an AH flipper, or use your credit card :) Otherwise you will have to wait for an AMAZING drop :P

Thanks for all your useful replies, it's much appreciated! Ya I was just reading up on nats ring/boots. If I were to go that route what are the crucial stats I need to look for in each the boots and ring?

Ya my budget is tight after the upgrades and I'm just going to have to grind it out more since I don't want to use any real money other than the $40 that bought the game or spend my time flipping items on the AH.

Basically what I get from your reply is to start investing in some trifecta items like rings/ammy/gloves?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]