Diablo® III

Monks, you should get some MF

Before, it was more like 1 legen every 4 runs (I had 0%mf from my gear...), now it oscillates between 1 and 2 per run. And I m only paragon 20.

and maybe you're still paragon 20 because for the same budget you've allocated some to MF instead of going all out into a speedfarm build.

in the end, you're compensating for a level shortage that a higher DPS, higher movement build would have helped you achieve anyway.

Lol dude, I just said that I did not sacrificed a lot of DPS to get 170%MF.
I m still at 125k DPS, which is higher than yours. I speedfarm as well as before, I m just saying that some people are fighting on AH to get +0.5% CC on their Nat ring, spending hundreds of millions to get a few more DPS. instead of that, just get some MF, it's cheap and haveing +150% MF is equivalent to speedrun 3 MP higher than the MP one uses.
I paid around 60M to get 5 MF items, and because I am farming MP3, I got as much MF as If I were farming MP6... Spending only 60M. Maybe if I had invested this gold in improving my gear, i would have been able to speedrun MP4. but for the same price, i m able to speedrun the equivalent of MP6.
Totally worth it

Edit: And btw, I am only lvl20 because I switched form wiz to monk. Otherwise I would be around 40
Edited by Majestic#2956 on 12/4/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just never see a difference when I increase MF. I have it on some gear, but literally don't think it makes any differences over just having DPS gear and paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Just level paragon and you get mf
Reply Quote
5nv on mp6, and my MF is 500. I average about 1 leg a run. Some days, however, I can get 3-4 legs in one run. Sunday brought me 7 legs in 2 consecutive runs. Not to mention the crapload of yellows.

I've been running MF gear since July. So yes, 100% agree, MF is where it's at.
Reply Quote
Everything is said..
I was 100% against the idea of MF, following the idea that "instead of MF, get a better gear and go farm higher MP". This is just so wrong.

-Let s say you are farming MP4.

-It will cost you more than 200M to get the gear in order to be able to farm MP6 as easily (the MF bonus given by MP6 compared to MP4 is +100%MF).

-But investing much less than 100M, you can easily get +150% MF on your gear (the equivalent of farming MP7, interms of MF bonus) and keep farming MP4.

-Why? It's because Very high DPS are completely overpriced compared to MF, it's far from being proportional.
Reply Quote
Adding MF to pieces still has great ROI, but only if your farming efficiency is reduced by less than your MF is increased

Quantity > quality as far as killing mobs in this game. Farm A3 MP1 as fast as humanly possible if you want to find a ton of legs and sets.

*edit* this is why Xephirian amulet is such a great great piece of farming gear. +2 spirit gen +35 MF + 35GF....
Edited by simplemath#1821 on 12/4/2012 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
One other thing - I've found that the most reliable metric that determines quantity of legends I find is xp\hr not MF...
Reply Quote
Hmmm interesting.. But I agree with you
Reply Quote
Paragon 91..

MF is !@#$, all it does it drop you more bad unsellable rares. Get pickup radius, speed run and collect more gold as you level.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 12/4/2012 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Paragon 91..

MF is !@#$, all it does it drop you more bad unsellable rares. Get pickup radius, speed run and collect more gold as you level.

Wrong, just don't pick up the rares..
MF drastically increases the number of legs+set you get.

After, once paragon 91, you obviously don't need MF, since the max for the character (without taking into account stacks and MP) is 300%
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP about magic find. My brother plays a barb and we're comparable time played and dps (we usually grind together). One difference between us is I try and and keep a bit of magic find on my gear. The difference in terms of drop quality is striking though. He's never sold anything greater than 10M. I've sold three items over 100M and maybe 7-10 items in the 10M-100M range. The quality of my yellow drops is also significantly better. Even today with the AH prices crap, I still routinely sell yellows in the 1-10M range. His are usually in the 100-500k range.

Remember once the game decides you're going to get a level 63 item (that's fixed) then it decides the quality of your level 63 item - and that all comes down to how good your magic find is. Don't sacrifice too much dps for MF, it's not worth it if you can't kill stuff quickly and it makes the game not quite as much fun. But it's fun to do Alkaizer on MP3 in 14min and almost always find one, and often two legendarily. Happy grinding all.
Reply Quote
Paragon 91..

Wrong, just don't pick up the rares..
MF drastically increases the number of legs+set you get.

After, once paragon 91, you obviously don't need MF, since the max for the character (without taking into account stacks and MP) is 300%

now you're just fighting the game code.

its been explained before that MF affects the QUALITY of drops but not the QUANTITY of drops.

thanks for pointing out your DPS is "higher than mine", ad hominem attacks wont get u anywhere.

Fact - you dropped DPS for MF.

Fact - DPS lets you kill faster.

Fact - Killing faster paragon levels you faster.

Fact - Paragon levels give you MF.

Fact - MF equipping over DPS for paragon levelling is taking a short-term view instead of long term.

And you know what the biggest joke here is? You're not even using a speedfarm build. For all your DPS, you're practically CRAWLING from pack to pack. At 100k DPS, i wipe an elite pack with 1 seven sided strike. One cast. Couple that with my time between packs, and my leg farming efficiency just makes yours... well, something u would do before paragon.
Edited by HuntingFox#6284 on 12/5/2012 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
The fact that OP is talking about farming legs in mp4 just made me realize im wasting my time.

please, continue gearing for MF and slogging thru mp4.

im off to tempest rush thru mp1 now. cya.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:38 AMPosted by HuntingFox
its been explained before that MF affects the QUALITY of drops but not the QUANTITY of drops.
It's a little bit more than that. It affects Quality AND Quantity.

More MF means More Rares and More Affixes on an item...

Example #1: Mob would've dropped a blue item but thanks to your MF it will drop a rare one.
Example #2: Mob would've dropped a rare item with 4 affixes but thanks to your MF it has 5 affixes

The table is
Normal Item -> Blue Item -> Rare Item 4 affixes -> Rare Item 5 affixes -> Rare Item 6 affixes -> Legendary Item/Set Item

Also keep in mind if you see a Legendary Item in DB with "+2 Random affixes" it does NOT necessarily have 2 Random affixes. It could have only 1 random affix due to the lack of MF and your luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]