Diablo® III

What will the new character classes be?

Does anyone know what new character class(es) in the expansion pack will be? I'm hoping for a bard. BTW, does anyone know when it'll come out?
Reply Quote
Druid.

Soon.
Edited by Typhon#1952 on 12/21/2012 7:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
It'll be strength based for sure. I wanted a paladin but I don't think they'll be too into rebooting old classes, save for the barbarian, obviously. They shoulda named that class gladiator. I wouldn't mind a warrior either. Maybe Elvin class, or a ghost type class. Never said they're good ideas but I'm trying to think outside the box. Elf wood be similar to the Druid and the ghost/liche/wraith class could be similar to the necromancer
Reply Quote
A gladiator would be interesting. Instead of being enslaved blood-sport warriors like the ancient Roman gladiators, they could be convicted criminals given the option of military service to gain their freedom. Of course, their military service would be far more dangerous than that of the standard soldier. Maybe they could be like Tychus in Starcraft 2, where they would be forced to wear an amulet (instead of a marine suit) that is magically bound to their neck and cannot be removed. If they refuse to perform the functions that are expected of them, the amulet would choke them to death. For this reason, gladiators would be unable to equip amulets that are found in the game, but instead, their "slave amulets" would grant them certain advantages at different levels. For example, each level that they gain, the amulet would grant them so many attribute points, or boosts to different skills.

As for the elf class that you mentioned Deak2112, elf is a race, not a class, and I'm not sure if elves exist in Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
Somehow, I don't think I'd be surprised if we got 2 new classes, both based around strength, and both based off of the end of Act IV in terms of their skillset. A Paladin type of class learning and gaining power and discipline from Angels, and a Dark Knight type of class learning and gaining power over demons now that Hell is left largely without masters.
Reply Quote
Demon with half necromancer spells and Angel with half paladin spells according to leaked sources.
Reply Quote
The DH uses hatred and demonic powers, and the WD uses grizzly black magic. The barb also uses pretty brutal and dark abilities. Only the monk is light-oriented. It might seem weird to have another dark character ... "Hi. I'm a really nice Demonic Death Knight, and I'm here to help." LOL.
Reply Quote
dont worry guys, the next most fitting class will be a..................Dragon slayer.
Gotta slay them dragons.
Reply Quote
dont worry guys, the next most fitting class will be a..................Dragon slayer.
Gotta slay them dragons.

He'd have an easy job, considering the fact that there are no dragons in any Diablo games. lol
Reply Quote
I know I'm a little late to the party but:

DH is the only one with a split-resource.
Barb is the only one with STR as primary.

Maybe some kind of STR class with a split-resource globe.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see a return to some old classes, re-vamped for D3. Also remember that Monk was a class in the original D1 expansion, so it was brought back too.

I'd like to see the Paladin brought back and re-vamped. It could be a Strength based class and could have a split-resource like "Divine / Willpower".

The Necromancer was pretty cool too, but with the Witch Doctor there would probably be too many abilities that are similar. Same with the Rogue from D1 / Amazon from D2 / DH.

I always thought that Warrior should always be a class option in any medieval game, even in D3. Warriors can become any type of warrior, why pigeon-hole the only true "warrior" class in the game to be a Barbarian? There are town guards, knights, soldiers, mercenaries, etc. These are all warriors.

Perhaps they will build an expansion to Diablo one day that includes every single class we've ever had - now that would be cool.
Reply Quote
A bard would be wicked awesome. Just imagine all the skills he could have: buffing chants, damaging songs, resistance poems...

Adele could be the female bard.
Reply Quote
amazons!! and male amazons!!
Reply Quote
Those bard skills sound good, Loki. The idea of bringing back amazons sounds good too, although considering the fact that the female Amazons are their society's primary warriors, I wonder if there would be a substantial difference between the males and females. For example, the male Amazons might be more defensive warriors, while the females might be more offensive, since male Amazon warriors would be more supplemental to the females in their nation's army.

Here's another idea: How about a mage that focuses primarily on summoning various things (aside from undead stuff)? Essentially, this would be either a Caller or a Conjurer.

How about an alchemist? I'm visualizing a class that uses firebombs, acid flasks, and other chemical attacks, and can also craft various potions and items.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 1/11/2013 12:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I, kill Diablo In d2 in norma difficulty with bottles of acid and poison gas ... was fun, but waste a century of time and spend a lot of gold ...

A new class can be. -

Cleric / Templar / Crusader.
Ranger / Hunter / Beast Master
Pirates / Treasure Hunter / collectors items. -
Alchemists / Enchanters objects / Psionics / Mercenaries.-

but ... I am interested that you can customize existing classes. - And give them personal touches ... in a future expancion. or news epics skills.-
Reply Quote
I don't know, but I'm expecting something cute and cuddly. That appears to be Blizzard's only target base as of late.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Aragorn
I don't know, but I'm expecting something cute and cuddly. That appears to be Blizzard's only target base as of late.

Maybe it'll be a Kung Fu Panda from Pandaria. ;)

Seriously though, the Bard and the Alchemist would be good expansion classes. Another possibility is something non-human, like a Khazra rebel that wants to free the Goatmen from being slaves to the demons.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 1/11/2013 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Those bard skills sound good, Loki. The idea of bringing back amazons sounds good too, although considering the fact that the female Amazons are their society's primary warriors, I wonder if there would be a substantial difference between the males and females. For example, the male Amazons might be more defensive warriors, while the females might be more offensive, since male Amazon warriors would be more supplemental to the females in their nation's army.

Here's another idea: How about a mage that focuses primarily on summoning various things (aside from undead stuff)? Essentially, this would be either a Caller or a Conjurer.

How about an alchemist? I'm visualizing a class that uses firebombs, acid flasks, and other chemical attacks, and can also craft various potions and items.

Combine the two and you got a witch doctor. essentially...

Probably str based.
Reply Quote

i was only joking about amazons. do you know the real amazons cut off their left bewb in order to better pull a bow? and the male are either killed or kept as slaves to provide !@#$% in order to spawn more amazons.

hmm i like the idea of a conjurer. elemental/ bnature based summons anyone?
Reply Quote
BTW, there will probably be two new classes, not just one. One of them will probably be strength-based. The other may be a combination of skills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]